[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Full Halo 5 co firmed not coming to PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
So Josh Holmes confirmed today that the full Halo 5 is never coming to PC, and also that it is impossible to publish a map forged on PC for just PC users. Once published, it's available for download on XB1.

He also confirmed that there will be no dedicated server browsers. You can only test maps on PC with friends from your Xbox live account.
Oh, and you need Windows 10.

So theoretically, this is Halo 5 multiplayer on PC, but it sounds even more alienating than Halo 2 Vista was, and we know how that turned out.
>>
Pretty much.

I have no doubt that the forge mode will be utilized, but anyone that thinks this is going to Jumpstart a healthy Halo 5 custom community doesn't know PC gamers.
>>
I've talked to so many people already that have absolutely no interest in utilizing the Xbox Live friends system, something they don't even have, to organize multiplayer sessions on PC.

This will probably just be used for the forging.
>>
Fine by me.

>>>/r/haloonline
>>
So let me get this straight...
>No campaign
>No warzone
>No theater
>No server browser
>No matchmaking
>can only be played with Xbox Live friends
>can't publish exclusively for PC
>Essentially using PC to make maps for console players

Anyone who defends this is retarded.
This isn't Halo on PC. This is PC slavery.
Fucking Halo Online, which is a joke, is better than this.
>>
>>338399658
Yeah it's dumb, but as a map making tool it will be efficient.

The only people that should be actually that upset are the people that are loyal to the PC platform for some reason.

This was only supposed to be a map making to. The fact that there's any multiplayer at all should be seen as a bonus.
>>
Is there any way this could be appropriated a la Halo Online and used to make a semi-functional Halo 5 multiplayer on PC?
>>
>>338400057
>Is there any way this could be appropriated a la Halo Online and used to make a semi-functional Halo 5 multiplayer on PC?
Possibly, but not to the level anyone would be satisfied with.

Just look at Halo Online.
The community is small and shrinking every week and it's rampant with hackers that have re-enable sprint and some of the P2W features.
>>
>>338400057
If Halo Online is our benchmark, then we should not even bother wasting time with this.

I Respect what El Dewrito tried to do, but at the end of the day the product is just too shit to "fix"
>>
Maybe this and Halo online is practice for a serious release of Halo 3 on PC. I'm probably wrong, but I can hope at least.
>>
>>338400589
Halo 3 plays terribly on PC.
Before Halo Online became infested with cheaters, in the like 2 weeks where it was pure Halo 3 PC, it wasn't as fun as on 360.

It has the same problem as Halo 2 Vista had, the playstyle is not built for pointing and clicking. Halo is a game where you're essentially fighting the controller for accuracy. Mouse and keyboard breaks the controls.
>>
>>338400259
The fuck are you talking about? I play g-money servers all the time. There's no sprinters. No hackers. It's not even hard to find full servers for slayer or swat or infection if you're a fag. You reek of autism.
>>
>>338400816
Essentially this.

Halo with mouse essentially boils down to a slower COD with a longer TTK. Whoever shoots first wins 90% of the time.
Compare that to the controller where you can get shot first by a power weapon and the better player will still turn the tide most of the time and get a reversal.
>>
>>338399658
Well it makes sense to have the tool available to use on PC and use those maps on XBox, since it's much easier to design on a PC (what the devs do). However it's pretty amazing they won't actually release it on PC. NEED that killer app. But Halo's hardly a killer app anymore.
>>
>>338400858
It's not as bad as he's describing, but every few games there's usually at least 1 guy sprinting around. Really kills the experience.
>>
atleast you guys can make maps for me and my friends
>>
I actually interned at Microsoft Studios this semester and what I was essentially told is that Halo 2 Vista and Halo Online were both used as metrics to test for releasing future Halo games fully on PC and because of how poorly they bombed, it's unlikely it will happen any time soon.
>>
>>338400816
>not built for pointing and clicking

why weren't u using a 360 controller in the first place senpai

>halo with mouse

lel
>>
>>338401341
>release a cyka only Halo
>when the rest of the world would love it
>it doesn't do well because cykaland is a shithole

>huh guess they don't want it

Jesus, this is Capcom-tier bullshit.
>>
>>338401156
What server? I've been playing the absolute fuck out the game the past two weeks. Never notice sprinters. Nor has anyone else in match. I'm no retard either, promise. I'm sure there's fuckery going on somewhere, since it's an alpha of an alpha, but shit certainly hasn't happened in any North American matches I play. On Team Fiesta there's the alternative versions of weapons that trigger some autists, but it's really a non-issue since everyone gets one. It's either a non-issue or I'm just that fantastic with bumper jumper.
>>
>>338401548
I actually thought of mentioning that but the way they explained it to us inters was not in the context of that specifically.
It was part of our initiation and they had a slides how and they were showing off how they use data metrics to analyze what platforms to release games on. The guy used Halo as an example saying something like "one of the questions we get is why isn't Halo getting standard Windows releases". Then he proceeded to show 2 Vista and Online earnings and basically said their research shows there just isn't a market for the franchise on PC The same way it is on console.
>>
>>338401827
TL;DR Microsoft is retarded
>>
>>338399102

>they are seeking pc gamers!
>they seek us

The moment they said this is for usage and publishing in the xbox one, is the moment your inane and insane comment fell on its own weight.

>>338399658

Yes, they are making a tool for console map making available on pc, not releasing a game for pc

ITT: After pretending the game was going to be on pc and be more amazing than ever with more graphics more everything and more betterment the game doesn't get released at all on pc.

The result? They will go back to call it shit again.
>>
>>338401827
It's all bullshit.
The bottom line is MS know Halo on PC would kill the Xbox brand.
They float tiny bits of hope to us as a farce.

What's even more bizarre is that they hold Windows above Xbox but don't want to release Halo 5 as a W10 exclusive which would certainly shoot their adoption rates into space.

I really don't understand why they're clinging to Xbox.
Oh right
>muh goldbux
>>
>>338400816
That's something that we think we want but we really don't. Halo 3 would be pretty bad on PC now that I think about it
>>
>>338402319
>Halo 3 would be pretty bad on PC now that I think about it
Not really.
Mod out console shit.
speed it up slightly.
and it's good.

And assuming it'd be a decent port, we could have massive maps larger than Avalanche but filled as well.
I always wanted a giant ghost town
>>
>>338402319
As someone that plays Halo Online, it's not "bad", it's just not as good as with a controller, and to be honest I can't think of another shooter where that's the case.
>>
>>338398953
So can we freely play customs at least?
>>
>>338402570
>speed it up slightly
More like speed it up a lot.
Also increase map size to compensate.
Then it would work, but at that point it's not really halo anymore.
>>
>>338402150
>Halo 5 as a W10 exclusive which would certainly shoot their adoption rates into space

How so?

>Because you see, the few people that own gaming capable pcs would buy 3 copies of halo 5 total and the rest of the universe would seek how to pirate it or not even care because it doesn't work in their pc :D

Yeah, those pc gaming bux must be what moves people making games these days, that's why you get indies and kickstarters whereas consoles get AAA and the rest of decent things.
>>
>>338402890
>but at that point it's not really halo anymore.
Who says?
Are you serious?
Did you never play Sanic melee only custom games?
Or Sanic Swat?

Shit was great.
>>
>>338402993
>How so?
Because PC friends have wanted Halo 3 since it came out?
And it would make a lot of people atleast dual-boot just to finally play it properly.

>muh piracy
Kill yourself.
>>
>>338403234
Nah. Halo is too slow to really catch on with PC and challenge the mold.
It would sell, but like most AAA shooters, not nearly as well as on console.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.