[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I buy if I actually liked (some of) the gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Crysis1_GTX680SLI.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crysis1_GTX680SLI.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
What should I buy if I actually liked (some of) the gameplay of Crysis 1? (Hated 2, haven't tried 3 because it looks far closer to 2 than 1).

I liked:
* Seeking out good weapons and attachments and keeping them for the rest of the game
* Planning encounters and preparing accordingly
* * FY71 with scope and silencer for hiding in bushes and picking off the enemies
* * SMG with laser sight for barging into a building and mowing down multiple enemies in a few seconds of adrenaline
* Finding vehicles but only driving them so far since I'll be noticed if I get too close
etc etc
* Semi-open world; not a huge sparsely-detailed boring plane like RPGs, but still large enough that I can approach things from multiple angles and no "leaving mission area" bullshit
* Difficult enough that I have to think before shooting but not so difficult that I have to play it as a sim (I don't like ARMA et al)

I disliked:
* The generic US military-industrial complex theme (I know this sounds hypocritical given the above, but all the military radio chatter, gruff voices spouting "DOWNLOADING DATA NOW.", yaddayadda actually put me off. It's been done to death, US military is no longer an interesting backdrop to play)
* The mother fucking aliens, whole second half of the game is awful
>>
Metal Gear Solid V. Yes really.
>>
>>338398804
Interesting. Should I pick up Ground Zeroes first? Is it representative of Phantom Pain's gameplay?
>>
>>338398901
Definitely picked up Ground Zeroes first. It's the beginning of the game. It is representative of PP's gameplay, but PP adds more features and has a vast open map with multiple outposts to fuck with. The plot is really ignorable, but if you feel like doing some studying while playing Ground zeroes I recommend listening to the cassette tapes while you complete challenges n shiet.
>>
Stay on Crysis n play multi
>>
>>338399131
Thanks for the solid suggestion anon, I'm gonna grab ground zeroes.

>>338399365
I've played it a bit too much now.
>>
Crysis Warhead. Far Cry 1 is similar. Crysis 3 is kinda like 1 but not really.
>>
>>338400873
>Crysis Warhead
Yeah played it, I kind of lumped it in with 1
>Far Cry 1
Will check it out. I remember reading that it suffers the same "last half is shit" issue, but if the first part is good enough I'll check it out.
>Crysis 3 is kinda like 1 but not really
Do you think I'd like it if I hated 2?
>>
>>338401634
>remember reading that it suffers the same "last half is shit" issue

It's literally the same game.
Stuck on an island, preying on the armed local military to progress forward.
After a while ayylums/deamons come and you end up in a generic shooter.
>>
>>338401634
>Do you think I'd like it if I hated 2?
Don't think you'd like it that much. Half of the game is fairly linear corridors, the other half isn't nearly as open as C1 is. Most of the time you're presented with path 1 or 2 or 3.
>>
>>338401634
>Do you think I'd like it if I hated 2?
You probably will hate it. 3 is a step up from 2 but it still is very, very linear. It still is le cinematic experience.

I don't know if you finished 2 but if you did, remember that island with the cell headquarters or whatever was it? 3 is pretty much like that. Yeah you're free to sneak and use different paths but it still is extremely far from the openness of the first.
>>
>>338398626
I used to play this on delta using only my fists and the occasional explosive where it was absolutely necessary to destroy tanks or something. It was so much fun when the only projectiles I used were the koreans I threw at other koreans.
>>
>>338403336
>>338403407
>>338404221
Thanks anons, def. giving 3 a miss.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.