[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you like to see in the new RE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: k0Nc8RA.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
k0Nc8RA.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
1 - Going back to Horror with moments of tension, and mix it evenly with action (Like in RE4... but with more horror)

2 - It has to be a REAL survival, with shortage of bullets and items. You have to carefully manage your arsenal

3 - Exploration... No more linear games. Give me a big map where I can walk looking for keys, treasures, money, new weapons, secrets... Like a 3D Metroidvania. (Well... Like the old Resident Evils)

4 - Puzzles. We want the puzzles back. But real puzzles that make you think for long minutes. Not basic shit.

5 - Plot. It's not thaaat important, but I'm really tired of cliches
>>
D M C 5
>>
>>338397279
I just want multiple endings.
>>
File: HUNNI.jpg (26 KB, 407x373) Image search: [Google]
HUNNI.jpg
26 KB, 407x373
H U N N I G A N
U
N
N
I
G
A
N
>>
>>338397279
Are unlockable costumes too much to ask for? Why didn't 6 have something that EVERY RE game has had for the campaign?

I don't mind if the game isn't 'scary,' RE4 wasn't scary, but it was super tense and the game made my hands shake on several occasions. I want that feeling again, of actually been nervous to fight the next boss.
>>
HUNNIGAN!

I NEED YOU TO FAKE OUR DEATHS!
>>
File: Monster_neil.jpg (596 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Monster_neil.jpg
596 KB, 1920x1080
>I DID WUT I THOT WAS RITE

what did he actually mean by this?

[spoile] name a single character with more retarded motivations in the entire series [/spoiler]
>>
>>338399784
Spencer got up there but it was really just bending over to write him out of the franchise.
>>
Raid mode returning but I wish it was randomly generated instead
>>
File: 2015-01-12_00007-100563626-orig.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-12_00007-100563626-orig.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
>>338397279

>3 - Exploration... No more linear games. Give me a big map where I can walk looking for keys, treasures, money, new weapons, secrets... Like a 3D Metroidvania. (Well... Like the old Resident Evils)
>4 - Puzzles. We want the puzzles back. But real puzzles that make you think for long minutes. Not basic shit.

This all I think we need for a good Resi game.

Resident Evil barely had tension unless you were going for a harder run through. Not that I don't want tension, I just doubt Michael Bay Capcom could do it properly.

Unlockables like weapons and costumes are a must.

Multiple endings or diverging paths would be great too.

Get rid of RE6's point unlock system.

Actual creepy Resi enemies and not shitty grasshopper terrorists or worm men.

No classic characters unless its Jill.
>>
i work as an engineer of the utilities at capcom in japan
re7 will be shown at sony e3
>>
>>338400409
And they have to mock the art style/atmosphere of Remake/RE0/TEW.
>>
My dad is work at Capcom

President Levi will be at Three E in Sunny.
>>
I want the weapon upgrade system and suitcase menu from RE4 again.

Not the shit from RE5.
And certainly not the barebones crap from RE6.
>>
>5 - Plot. It's not thaaat important, but I'm really tired of cliches

This is the only thing I definitely want them to take from RE4. The plot and writing was never as good as it was in 4, because it was never as tongue in cheek, which is perfect for a series with a premise like REs.
>>
it would be nice if it took after some actual horror/thriller movies

but all I want is a gameplay formula that excels more than RE6's. RE6 paired up some really good concepts, but it kinda fell flat and turned into an action game for me. I know it was always action oriented, but isn't it weird how Metro 2033 captures the feeling better than RE6?

Anyway, I think they're going to pit some of the other characters like Barry and Rebecca in the new game, since S.T.A.R.S is completely obliterated, the BSAA is still going strong and Leon's connections with the government basically ensure he's never going to have another problem again, the only existing characters with any interest are Rebecca, Barry and Ashley.
>>
For tension, have enemy spawn locations and scripted events be randomized. You'll never know which window is breached, when it will be breached, and what comes through it.
>>
>>338401314
That mechanic already exists in other games and all it really does it make players farm ammo.
>>
File: 007.png (229 KB, 852x900) Image search: [Google]
007.png
229 KB, 852x900
>>338401110
Leon's missions always go wrong

RE 2
> raccoon city is destroyed on his first day of the job

RE 4
> He gets his nice coat taken away

RE 6
> President is killed and Helena actually knows jack shit and is constantly tugged around by everyone and gaining nothing aside from the cure for the C virus

Degeneration
> surgery fucked up his face and can't express emotion

Damnation
> gets kidnapped by rebels and nice shit is taken away again
>>
>>338397279
The controls of RE6.
seeing enemies and not being able to dodge easily is fucking retarded.
>>
>>338400548
tell us something we don't know.
everyone and their mom knows this.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.