[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is DaS3 actually good? I liked DaS 1&2 and the variation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
Is DaS3 actually good? I liked DaS 1&2 and the variation of areas, Bloodborne got boring for lacking in that regard. That's really my biggest fear for this game. So how was it?
>>
The most atmospheric area in the game is literally the tutorial area without a skybox so it's safe to say it sucks
>>
>>338395507
>its a bloodborne hate thread
wew
>>
>>338395507
no soulsborne games are good. Play something else
>>
>>338396168
Nah I didn't hate it, I finished and enjoyed it, just got a bit repetitive.
>>
File: ebin.jpg (44 KB, 620x632) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
44 KB, 620x632
>>338396321
>>
>>338396363
>it, just got a bit repetitive.
visually yes, gameplay wise no
>>
DaS3 is the best one. Give it a go, pal
>>
>asking /v/
No. Don't. Take that question literally anywhere else. Or just play the damn game and stop playing whenever you feel like you've gotten what you can out of it.
>>
Are there any items or covenant upgrades you only get from duelling like in DaS2?
>>
>>338395507
Unfortunately, this one's areas are kinda lacking too. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part the levels are just meh.
>>
>>338396625
No, but the drop rates are fucking horrendous.

And you'll need to farm them from normal enemies too if you want to rank up your covenant, good luck getting ranks the proper way for the Faithful or the Watchdogs if you advance the game a few hours after their areas.
>>
I'm nearly done with it. But Dark Souls 2 is still my favorite
>>
dark souls 3 is like going to mcdonalds

it might be good if it's your first time

new areas, bosses and graphics does not a good game make
>>
>>338396168
how is it a BB hate thread? lmao sony fanboys are sad
>>
>>338396832
PvP in DaS2 is fucking great, one of the reasons im still playing it from launch. Backsteps are actually useful too.
>>
File: kek.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>338396890
>its not hate !
>lmao sony fanboys are sad
you are retarded
>>
It's a fantastic game. /v/'s just annoyed since they expected an entirely different game for a SEQUEL, plus it's cool to hate on Souls since it got popular.
>>
1>3>2

Bloodborne>Des=1>3>2
>>
>>338396538
same spammy gameplay for the whole game with op quickstep. Never thought I would miss rolling
>>
>>338397019
sony fanboys see one opinion on BB that they don't like so they have to say wew
>>
File: 1241242.jpg (56 KB, 398x512) Image search: [Google]
1241242.jpg
56 KB, 398x512
Damn Sonyggers are insufferable when it comes to defending the good (8/10) game on their cucksole.
>>
>>338397039
Bloodborne>DaS2>DaS1=DaS3>DeS
>>
File: 1454177208124.png (326 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1454177208124.png
326 KB, 1000x750
>>338397043
>>
>>338395507
The game definitely got boring with lack of environment varieties and lack of visual variety, it's also full of cheap areas with cheap enemy placement that feels like a chore to play at times.
That's one thing that DaS2 did well, variety.
>>338396538
Gameplay wise too, all the enemies tend to be the same height and spam attacks at the player. Lack of poise makes the game into a r1 only game at least with strength weapons in mind.
>>
>>338397039
1>2>3
Although 3 is the most polished one they seem to have run out of steam and creativity.
>>
>>338397340
only thing better about PC is framerate. Although I wish I didn't have to dish out $300 for my ps4. Exclusives fucking suck
>>
>>338398090
Yeah, it's a bit of a weeb game machine.
>>
this fucking thread

>I liked Bloodborne but felt (X) was wrong with it

>WEW WAY TO SHIT ON THE BEST GAME
>WOW SONYGGER DEFENCE FORCE

>meanwhile original post is forgotten
>>
>>338397039
I agree
>>
DS1 is a 9/10
DS2 is a 8/10
DS3 and Demon's are 7/10
>>
>>338395507
It's good, but that's it
No originality, takes no risks, tries nothing new, lacks a lot of armor sets and weapons from earlier games, bosses are boring for the most part and too many gimmick bosses some even straight up rip gimmicks from DeS
It's Dark Souls Greatest Hits Edition. It tries to recreate enemies, areas and bosses from earliler games without trying out anything new
>>
>>338395507
It has about an equal amount of cool areas and shit areas when compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2, so there's that.
If you like to play casters (especially Hexers) then you may or may not be severely disappointed though.
>>
>>338398660
I think you just described DaS1 after DeS.

Except that was even worse since the second half of the game sucked.
>>
>>338398902

You're a bit of a retard mate, Ds1, 2 and Bloodborne all made pretty huge changes to the formula, especially compared with Ds3, which is basically a greatest hits of Soulsborne sans Ds2, cause fuck powerstancing, good poise, good pvp and all the other good shit.
>>
>>338395507
Had same problem as you with borne, game become boring as fuck and just forced myself to finish it
DaS3 can be pretty disappointing sometimes, but I already have 120hours here against 50(total with all characters and dlc) in borne
You can have fun here, just like in das, des and das2
I made 60 lvl character specially to fuck up with invaders in the anor lond and wall
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.