[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone not racist and actually wouldn't mind playing a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 32
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 305x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 305x360
Anyone not racist and actually wouldn't mind playing a game with a black main character, particularly one based in history or African myth or something like that?

This isn't out of some progressive desire for "diversity" as it seems like this is an avenue that would allow for a new and unfamiliar world and story to be explored.

I only mention this because I just saw cap 3 and thought black panther was actually a pretty cool character.
>>
If the game was well made, yeah.

A black main for the sake of a black main would be boring.
>>
blacks are for picking cotton and fucking my wife
>>
>>338391482
I don't care. I just don't fucking care.

Just stop hitting me with the diversity stick. If I'm playing a space game or something and the main character just happens to have black skin, and it's not focused on as some kind of replacement for real character traits, then I'm fine with it.

The fact that everyone (from all viewpoints) makes such a big deal out of it pisses me off.
>>
>>338391814
Time wasted picking cotton could be spent fucking other men's wives.
>>
>>338391636
That's like 90% of games though. They just use a certain look or type of main character because. Especially in modern games.
>>
>>338391482
Sure if it makes sense.
>>
I'll only play it if it's a game about a black character doing stereotypical black things like San Andreas or military shooter. If it's a black character in a historical setting doing WE WUZ shit, yeah I'm not playing that.
>>
>>338392874
This if the character is actually acting like a black guy then its fine, but a white character with a black face is retarded and fake
>>
>what is Marlow Briggs
>>
File: Evie Wondering.gif (851 KB, 219x221) Image search: [Google]
Evie Wondering.gif
851 KB, 219x221
>>338391482
Sorry OP,she was good until this masterpiece came around. You can technically count her since she married a pijeet
>>
>>338391482
I've never given two fucks about race of a character in video games. So long as it isn't ham fisted in and seems natural I'm fine.. GTA SA was a great example of a game feeling natural with a black main.. the Shadow Man games.. there been a lot of them.. the problem is always when they're trying to get SJW points and it's like oh uh.. hay we have this wonderful BLACK guy as our main character. It's not like in the PoP games the games were like oh yeah by the way he's Persian.. it's like fucking obviously he's the Prince of Persia... he's probably fucking persian.. game is set in Hong Kong, main character is a black guy.. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!? I think it's absurd people make characters in games to be relatable on a race basis... my black ass couldn't relate to CJ in GTA.. I grew up in New Hampshire.. the most most gangster thing I've ever done in my life is smoke weed.. I'm so light skinned people think I'm a white man with a tan.. there was nothing for me to relate to.. where is the game with a College graduate, black kid who grew up around white people all his life? When do I get that? Never? Because it'd be boring as shit? Awesome! Let me play this game where I'm a guy who has the inexplicable ability to hang off of every possible ledge available to him with Spider-Man like stickyness. Yes. Lemme do that shit. I don't give a fuck if he's white, black, purple or green.
>>
>>338391482
I would absolutely love to play a game based on Africa mythology and mysticism or a game based in modern Africa.

Reasons why these games will never be made:
1. Africans were fucking awful at recording their myths, legends, and history. So no historical or fantasy game
2. A modern African conflict game will never be made because you would never be allowed to kill child soldiers in video games. So now modern shooter.
>>
>>338391482
Yeah

GTA is pretty accurate
>>
>>338395497
>a game based in modern Africa.
far cry 2
mgsv has an africa map
i think thats it
>>
>>338391482
A historical Africa game would be cool, but I'm not familiar with the myths of Africa.

Also there wouldn't be diversity anyway because they're all African.
>>
>>338392519
True but I like games that play into it, or use that characters history/background in the game.
The AC chick in op for example, you can dress up in a slave disguise which limits your parkour and weapons some but gives you access to areas you may not have been able to get otherwise which is pretty cool.

Mafia III, loads of people are complaining about it being about the black mob and having a black main, but with the New Orleans setting and the time period I think its really interesting.
>>
>Game is good and the MC is a black person for the sake of the story developpement
>Game is trash and the MC is only black for muh diversity if you don't like it you are a racist pig
Sadly 95% of those games are the second one.
>>
I make qt brown girls in RPGs all the time. Variety in protagonists is fun.
>>
Lee in Walking Dead was great.
>>
File: black_knight_xlg.jpg (258 KB, 945x1400) Image search: [Google]
black_knight_xlg.jpg
258 KB, 945x1400
This, the video game.
>>
File: ALKO.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
ALKO.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
>>338395497

Check out pic related
>>
I just plain don't give a shit whether the main character is black, Asian, white, male or female, so long as the game itself is good.

I have an issue when a main character is made non-white or female on purpose to tick off some mandatory diversity quota and when the devs who do that act like they're curing cancer or world hunger.
>>
>>338396847
Great movie.
>>
WE
>>
>>338391482
Africans have history?
Or myths?
inb4 WE
>>
>>338392874
It's a lot easier to play an unusual character archetype when you're not expected to take it seriously.
>>
Funny thing is she was voiced by a white woman which caused a bit of a stink among They Who Must Not Be Named completely forgetting the fact that black voice actors voice white people all the time. Nadine in Uncharted 4 they also got butthurt with but literally who cares it's Uncharted the entire series is generic garbage anyway.
>>
>Negress in 18th century Nouvelle Orléans
>Not picking cotton,
Or
>Not being a maid in a wealthy household
Or
>Not being a prostitute in one of the city's many brothels
>>
>>338396026
About the only game which gives African myths ANY coverage is SMT which also does Abo ones too so it's pretty inclusive.
>>
>>338392874
I wonder if /v/ would care as much about racial purity if white people started appropriating black culture.
>>
>>338398309
If you'd actually played the game you'd know that she pretty much did 2 of those 3 things.
>>
File: Shadow_Man.jpg (151 KB, 509x350) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Man.jpg
151 KB, 509x350
>>
>>338391482
Fuck off shill
>>
>>338398649
What about Scratches?
>>
>>338391482
>based in history or African myth

I'd play the shit out of that game if it was made well. Chances are it wouldn't be, sadly,
>>
>>338391482
>>338391482

I'd love a Django influenced character in the rumored RDR 2 or whatever the fuck they'd call it

Sly fucking kraut included.
>>
>>338400508
yeah kill whitey xDD
>>
>>338400508
As long as people are constantly calling you nigger, I'm down for this.
>>
>>338400624
>>338400624

If they're plantation owners and militant bigots.

Sure.

Otherwise, chill the fuck out and sit down with a bear faggot.
>>
>>338391636
>A black main for the sake of a black main would be boring.
So white is the default?
>>
>>338400508
I LIKE THE WAY YOU DIE, BOI
>>
>>338400772
>militant bigots
aka anyone not worshipping niggers
>>
>>338400846
No, you idiot. There are more ethnicities than just 'black' and 'white'.
>>
>>338400846
Yes, does that make you upset tumblr?
>>
>>338401012
Hi, /po/.
Characters don't need to have a reason to be ANY race or whatever, why should a character be white unless it serves a use in the story?
>>
>>338398795
White people already twerk and dab and other hoodrat shit because bad influences
>>
>>338401150
Because most people prefer to play as whites, even non-whites
>>
>>338398795
>cultural appropriation
If you call twerking and nigger music culture, then sure.
>>
>>338400508
>Making me play as a nigger when I could play as a based white cowboy.

Please, no.
>>
>>338401305
>what are the lasting effects of white imperialism
>>
>>338400846
The default is the creator.
>>
File: 1457756612779.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1457756612779.png
7 KB, 420x420
>>338398795
>black culture
>black
>culture
>>
>>338401397
I see, you're baiting
>>
I'd like to play as an older asian man.

SLEEPING DOGS 2 WHEN
>>
>>338400508
>>338400772
Fun fact; it was liberals who hated the negroes and owned slaves to pick their cotton.

If a game like this does get made, they better be appropriately labeled, I dont want some typical red-neck right wings as the """""""""""""""""bad guys"""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>338401150
Because the makers are white and the majority of the audience is white.
>>
>>338401150
I'd say most American and European game devs are white, so it's natural that yes, the default race for many would be white
>>
I actually always play as a black character when given the option or a cute girl
>>
>>338401150
Because white is the default color, as white culture is the default culture (at least in the countries where games are being made)
>>
>>338401601
>Game features an older asian man
>Game objective is to commit suicide
>>
>WE'RE NOT RACIST WE SWEAR!!!111!!!1!!!!1!1111!1
>this thread is full of extremely racist remarks
Underage kids are not allowed to post here.
>>
>>338401782
>or a cute girl
This desu.

Not the black guy part tho.
>>
Franklin was my favorite protagonist in GTA V. I just sort of related to him the most.
>>
I want to play as a lizardman
>>
>>338401854
I have never claimed to not be racist.

Constantly forcing racial shit on me only makes me /more/ racist.
>>
>>338401854
People outside of 4chan have difficulty identifying trolling.
>>
I want blaxploitation game, full of funky ass tunes, pimps, sexy black mamas and of course The Man as final boss
>>
File: Jesus christ Bentley.png (436 KB, 237x634) Image search: [Google]
Jesus christ Bentley.png
436 KB, 237x634
>>338391482
NO. Niggers should have NO place in society or video games as a prominent role. Get fucked you subhuman scum. The only time a black guy worked for the main role was GTA san andreas because it was representative of their "culture". If its about chimping out and rioting they can make a god damn MMO about it for all I care. Just fuck off with putting niggers in games for no reason.
>>
>>338396026

Do youfucking idiots realize that Africa is a continent which contains a large number of different countries, each with their own culture and history?
>>
>>338401985
>/more/

Are you 15
>>
>>338391482

I've played plenty...well, multiple games with black main characters. But one based on African myth would be a new one for me. I'd be interested.
>>
>>338401631
If you paid attention in history class, you'd realize that old timey republicans and old timey democrats practically just switched sides but kept their names the same.
>>
>>338402064
Dude yes, Black Dynamite the vidya WHEN?
>>
>>338402196
Are you?

Slashes surrounding words to simulate italics for emphasis is nothing new.
>>
>>338401631
They are though. Redneck cuck-servatives are a plague on our nation
>>
>>338398795
>started
>>
>>338400624

I'm white and I'm actually ashamed thanks to the replies in this thread. The averge black person is smarter than the average white 4channer. I bet the best thing you guys can come up with as a reply to this is "cuck" which is meaningless.
>>
File: Little Black Sambo.jpg (77 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Little Black Sambo.jpg
77 KB, 400x600
An Assassins Creed game set in early 19th century Africa would be great.

Jumping between the three mud huts in a village and throwing bolas, capturing your fellow Africans from rival tribes which you are convinced are worthless subhumans for not having the same decorative scarring as you. Raping the women and forcing their men into slavery so your own tribe can grow fat and wealthy.

Maybe there could be Dutch Trader DLC that allows you to sell your fellow blacks to the white man, just like in real history.
Sounds great!
>>
>>338402318
Nothing new for /b/tards
>>
>ctrl+f
>"donkey kong"

I'm impressed, /v/
>>
>>338401631

The Democratic party was the conservative party back then, you moron. The Republican party was the liberal party and would remain so for like 70 or 80 years.
>>
WE
>>
>>338402416
Literally been doing this for years, bud.
>>
>>338401831
>Not objective is to YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
WUZ
>>
>>338402342
Nobody gives a shit that you love watching niggers fuck white women faggot
>>
File: sjw and diversity.png (383 KB, 588x1364) Image search: [Google]
sjw and diversity.png
383 KB, 588x1364
>>338391482
>This isn't out of some progressive desire for "diversity"
Actually, SJWs have so aggressively pushed for diversity that now, that even if something like this happened, and it had nothing to do with SJWs trying to exterminate the white race, it would still have a bitter after tase of the "kill all white men" agenda.

I guess what I'm saying is SJWs have increased racial tensions to the point where even harmless attempts at diversity feel underhanded.
>>
>>338391482
If the game is good, yes.

I'd play the Adventures of Black Jesus in the Levant if it were fun.
>>
>>338391482
I am racist and a game set in one of the few black civilizations would be pretty cool.
>>
>>338402782
based cap
>>
KANGS
>>
N SHIET
>>
>>338401854
What exactly is wrong with being racist as long as you're not physically harming anyone.

Everyone is racist behind closed doors, some are just more than others. And America has a ton of "tolerated" racism. And by that I mean as long as it's racist to whites it's okay.
>>
>>338401854

What's wrong with being racist? Give me a legit reason without using the word bigot in a sentence.
>>
Why does "diversity" always translate to "add blacks"
>>
>>338401150
what does folding paper had to do with human race?
>>
>>338400982
So what's the default, then?
>>
>>338391482
Play Shadowman

it's kinda shit but has this cool voodoo vibe and generally fucked up atmosphere
>>
>>338391870
>Just stop hitting me with the diversity stick.
(You)

He fucking said "This isn't out of some progressive desire for "diversity" as it seems". Jesus christ. Are you blind?
>>
File: lyle02.png (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lyle02.png
9 KB, 640x480
best protagonist coming through
>>
>>338401161
>dancing is bad

What?
>>
File: sanity aikens artifact_front.jpg (21 KB, 234x280) Image search: [Google]
sanity aikens artifact_front.jpg
21 KB, 234x280
Back when black protagonists were awesome. Who didn't want to slap shit as virtual Ice-T?
>>
File: 1454250194620.jpg (238 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1454250194620.jpg
238 KB, 900x900
>not wanting to play as a coon makes you racist

Ha, good one. Try "realistic".
>>
>>338403207
Its illogical. Even if you claim to be just giving into what you have determined is the average or most likely to happen, you are still judging an individual based on what someone who is totally unrelated to said individual has done.

You set yourself up for being fucked over honestly as you would probably allow someone with a shitty personally to get one over on you simply because they have the right skin color.

Also the idea of collective guilt is hypocritical to the way a lot of 4chan style bigots think. If you believe in collective guilt then I'm sure you won't be upset if you're asked to take responsibility for a white school shooter or what some white guy does right?
>>
>>338403241

White people thinks it's "progressive". It's also pretty funny when white people think of the word "racist", the first thing comes to mind is black people and no one else. For a bunch of "open minded" liberals, they sure like to present racism alot.
>>
>>338401854
I'm racist if believing that people are not all equal and some races are on average weaker or less intelligent than others but you should still treat people you don't know the same and not assume too much is racist

I also believe everyone should be given equal opportunities but not equal results and if you fail to make something of yourself you shouldn't expect the government to bail you out and make things easier for you just because you're a minority
>>
>>338396847
>tfw i enjoyed that movie
Fuck me why don't they make things like this anymore?
>>
>>338401150
If it didn't serve any use in the story how would you decide? IMO the character should reflect the community of the game, fans and developers, instead of appealing to SJW for the sake of diversity. If Africa had a gaming industry they could make the characters however they'd like.

t. /po/
>>
>>338391636
This. And the character being blacl should fit the game.

>Good
Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry and Liberation

>Bad
Mafia III
>>
>>338403554

One, I'm not white, that was "racist" to assume that I was. And two, you just used the word bigot.
>>
>>338403207
First question: do you believe that races are inherently different, from a biological and/or cultural viewpoint, and that these differences can be objectively ranked in terms of different qualities in order to produce an ordered list of less or more valuable or worthy races?

If the answer to that is "yes", then I'm afraid we disagree and it would not really be worth the time to discuss things.
>>
>>338403241
>Why does "diversity" always translate to "add people of different race than white"

Retard
>>
>>338403606

But that movie was terrible. I thought I was watching live action Shrek or some shit.
>>
>>338403576
This is purely an american phenomenon. Tensions between whites and blacks has the most historical basis in American History. When your founding founders owned blacks as property its understandable to see why this is the case.. You can say that Hispanics, Asians, and maybe other white ethnicities faced discrimination in the US but I think it would be insincere to not admit that racial tensions between whites and blacks have always been particularly strained and not to mention the years of slavery before that does lead to maybe more emphasis being placed on race issues between whites and blacks. So the counter-narrative is probably going to reflect that.
>>
>>338395093
>Evie
>masterpiece
She's a Mary Sue cunt. Get better taste.
>>
>>338403605
seconding this.
Also you are not racist.

I always assumed everybody had this mentality but the older i get the more i begin to doubt this. Atleast in the university i go to i think people are on the same level. But with edgy children on /v/ I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>338403925
No it doesn't.

It exclusively translates to "Add blacks".
>>
>you will never get to play a game where you're a trained killer child-soldier Mumbuto of a rebel warlord's army sent on a quest to kill the President-for-Life Mugumbo and gain currency by selling blood diamonds to De Beers Corporation, committing dirty deeds for the CIA for slushfund money and exploit the childish naivete of foreign white people when you need to receive medical aid during your mission because this whole narrative is raciss
>>
>>338402064
I'd play it.
>>
File: Race_IQ_Sketch_OrderFlipped.png (60 KB, 928x571) Image search: [Google]
Race_IQ_Sketch_OrderFlipped.png
60 KB, 928x571
>>338403836
>First question: do you believe that races are inherently different, from a biological and/or cultural viewpoint, and that these differences can be objectively ranked in terms of different qualities in order to produce an ordered list of less or more valuable or worthy races?

I do.
>>
>>338403939
That's your opinion and it didn't change mine.
If that's what you wanted to accomplish.
>>
>>338403554
I don't believe in collective guilt and I believe acting like stereotypes apply to no one is as dumb as applying them to everyone

Yeah, not every black person is a criminal, but the stereotype wouldn't exist in the first place if there weren't a lot of black criminals

People seem to think in black-and-white extremes and act like either you have to be a Californian socialist liberal sucking black cocks all day or a deep south KKK member shooting black babies

What's wrong with giving individuals a chance when you meet them but also having a certain amount of caution? You wouldn't go into Syria and be fully trusting of every bearded Arab man you meet, but that doesn't make you racist against all of them
>>
>>338404231
Then I'm afraid we disagree and it isn't worth my time to try and change your mind.
>>
>>338403554
All of science is based on scrutinizing various related cases for objective truths. Just because your feelings are hurt when races are subjected to analysis it doesn't mean we're wrong in doing so. Hurr.
>>
>>338403836

Races are different biologically and culturally. Yes we are all human, that much is acknowledged but that is where the common ground ends.
>>
>>338404303
Make an attempt.
>>
>>338395210
I'm not reading all that shit
>>
>>338404231
The average white racist would by instinct treat the black person on the right side of the black bell curve like shit while treating the white person on the left side of the white bell curve with individualized respect simply based on skin color. Again, illogical. If they consistently treated an 80 IQ black and 80 IQ white with equal disrespect, I would respect their opinion more.

This allow those who have no individual quality traits or accomplishments to have delusions of grandeur because they happen to share the same skin color of some great guys who were on the complete opposite side of the bell curve.
>>
>>338404261

It's regarded as a terrible movie to alot of people. If you like bad movies that's fine by me but do go saying that it's actually "funny".
>>
>>338404525
U
R
A
FAGGIT

Did I win?
>>
>>338404282
This desu.

I'm somewhat racist on a broad spectrum, but perfectly sincere and treat individuals the same, given there's no motive for me to do otherwise (i.e you actually are a convict, etc)
>>
If a game is set in Africa I would not mind playing a black character. When they force in black characters into European settings it's annoying.
>>
>>338395909
RE5
>>
>>338392874
Obvious attack on BF1 is obvious.

The problem some of you narrow minded morons have is that BF1's cover is a soldier from the Harlem Hellfitpghters, the most renowned African American WWI unit. They saw more combat than most units comprised of whites.
>>
File: 1459992392481.jpg (5 KB, 178x250) Image search: [Google]
1459992392481.jpg
5 KB, 178x250
>>338404558
On average that's the correct way to approach the different races if you were to judge them initially. Until they prove themselves what's wrong with assuming the average? There's no need to make the contempt for their potential inferiority noticeable lol.
>>
Why is it when anyone talks about race it's always white/black? Are they the only races that exist? Why are americans so obsessed with blacks?
>>
>>338404282
Then I assume you're not for discrimination against certain people when it comes to housing and jobs based on race right? You believe in giving everyone equal opportunities and chances to success or tools to succeed right? Based on their Individual circumstances?

Because when I go to /pol/ and read the posts by self-proclaimed racists, it seems like those who say they are racist do not believe this. They believe in fascist policies based on deterministic philosophy. Not judging the individual.

The best middle ground I found is that everyone may not be born equally or with equal talent but everyone deserves an equal opportunity to fail or succeed. On the flip side, if someone fails, then allow them to own the failure and deal with the consequences instead of trying to fit a square into a circle. If you believe this, then I have no issue personally with what you believe.
>>
>>338405017
Because asians don't shove themselves in to everything and go all DAS RITE WE WUZ KANGZ N' PHAROAHS

Neither do latinos.
>>
File: 1463290254503.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463290254503.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>338404525
socioeconomic factors are responsible for those differences in IQ. but nahh, /pol/ would have you believe those are due to inherent factors instead. Nevermind discrimination leads to the over-incarceration of blacks, and that in itself leads to a plethora of issues, such as being more likely to be incarcerated again. Nevermind this discrimination leads to other blacks being less employed, and forces them to move to ghettos with others facing similar situations. Now you've got a ghetto that can hardly afford to fund the local public school where these black kids go to, and result in poorer quality of education and continue the vicious cycle even further.

But noo, it's cause blacks are niggers and everyone knows they're inferior beings from the get go, right?
>>
>>338404558

Why is it only that rich/middle class white people can be racist and nothing else? What if I'm a gay Latino manlet who's poor? Can I hate niggers, spics, and other fags and all of a sudden I'm exempt from "bigotry"?
>>
>>338403836
If you believe people of different races are different biologically or culturally you're retarded
>>
>>338401631
>>338401631
>>338401631

I don't know when the fuck -you- came to 4chan.

But when I did, people where expected to provide non-biased sources for claims like that.

And for the record, why the fuck would I care about a racists political affiliation?

I'm a fucking Libertarian if anything.
>>
File: 874_n.png (24 KB, 657x425) Image search: [Google]
874_n.png
24 KB, 657x425
>>338404558
>>
>>338405194
Don't you mean not different?
>>
>>338391482
>people say not to focus on a character's race
>same with gay
>if they're black or gay, they should be subtle and not shoved in your face
>in real life black people always shoves their race in others faces and gay people openly flaunt their sexuality
So game makers want an unrealistic depictions of blacks and gays
>>
>>338405183
We're talking on four chan. Its not racist to admit that the vast majority of people on 4chan are white. We have several "profile (aka asl)" threads on several boards that have shown this.

Yes you can be a racist nigger, spic, and chink.
>>
>>338405348
Yes, an unrealistic depiction that depicts them as humans with functioning brains would be welcome.
>>
>>338405078
You pretty much described my beliefs to a T, I believe everyone should be judged by the same standards, and nobody should be boosted in their qualifications based on race, nor should they be excluded by it

I live in Michigan and a couple of years ago the practice of affirmative action, which means giving minorities easier entry requirements for universities, was outlawed, and it blew my mind that a ton of people started protesting and calling the ban 'racist' because now black people had to be judged by the same standards as everyone else
>>
As someone who is white, who grew up with only white friends and was exposed to 99% white culture almost my entire life I don't really care about any black characters in my entertainment and certainly not ones I'm supposed to identify with as protagonists.

Just my preference I don't feel to or want to change that.

Not to mention that most colored folk in entertainment are either stereotypes or the writers are trying too hard to not make them stereotypes so they feel comical regardless.
>>
>>338401397
Modern Medicine
Infrastructure
Labor Laws
Judicial Systems

to name a few
>>
File: 1457969591153.jpg (51 KB, 659x473) Image search: [Google]
1457969591153.jpg
51 KB, 659x473
>>338404558
>>
>>338403554
If white people shot up schools as often as black people shot up eachother, then you might be saying something. However school shootings, or mass shootings in general, are a stastical anomaly. They make it big on the news, but in comparison to deaths from other violent crimes they barely exist.
>>
>>338395695

GTA is surprisingly progressive. They use a lot of different cultures, but they portray them accurately. In a way, they sort of defend ethnicity, they don't just make everyone the same.

The black people are genuinely black, not just black in the Obama sense. Same with how they portray Asians, Dominicans, the irish, etc.
>>
>>338401150
Don't bring /po/ into this you stupid luddite, what has paper done to you?
>>
Aaah, what a wonderful thread!
Oh, hello /pol/!
*takes out gun*
*tone shifts to serious*
Get out.
Now.
>>
>>338405642
heh, sorry kid.
*draws out my own six-shooter*
but this town ain't big enuf fer the two of us.
>>
File: 1456529863365.png (100 KB, 506x395) Image search: [Google]
1456529863365.png
100 KB, 506x395
>>338401150
>>
>>338405459
Have you ever met a gay guy? You can tell right away he's gay. They don't hide it.
>>
File: 1457968728525.jpg (131 KB, 917x672) Image search: [Google]
1457968728525.jpg
131 KB, 917x672
>>338404558
pshh
>>
>>338405348
To be fair people that shove their sexuality in your face in real life annoy me as well.

I don't care if your straight, gay, bi, trans or whatever else there is, thats your business.

Why should I care what you like to stick your thing into or have stuck into you or mash your thing together with?
>>
>>338405783
Yes, actually. My moms best friend was gay.

I wasn't claiming you were wrong, btw.
>>
>>338405783
Are they supposed to?

Straight men don't hide that they're straight.
>>
File: IQAveragebyCountry-954x442.png (567 KB, 954x442) Image search: [Google]
IQAveragebyCountry-954x442.png
567 KB, 954x442
>>338405160
>socioeconomic factors are responsible for those differences in IQ

Give me a single peer reviewed study by real scientists that backs that up, so far you seem to be reciting your liberal studies class.
>>
>>338391870
It's impossible for someone to just have black skin. Being a white man just happens, because the creators and the consumers are while men, everything else is done because you have a reason to do so.
>>
File: 1436131941211.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
1436131941211.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>338405808
Somehow...

these poorly drawn comics are not convincing me that I'm wrong or that you're right.

Plus this isn't even an argument I made.
>>
>>338405747
*grows demon wings*
*5 ft long katana materializes in my hands*
*sky turns black*
*gregorian chants mixed with metal start playing*
Heh...
Bring it on.
>>
>>338405078
>but everyone deserves an equal opportunity to fail or succeed

The problem is that this is such a vague notion/platform that it could mean anything.

Let's say someone is born in the ghetto with shitty parents who taught him/her shitty manners, shitty way of talking, shitty work ethic and so on.

What does it mean to give that person "equal opportunity" as someone who was brought up right, regardless of the skin color of anyone involved.

See, the main problem of the modern "fight the racism/black lives matter/whatever" movement is that they completely and utterly ignore that most "inner city youths" were brought up to be horrible fucking people and then they want to forcibly jam those people into schools and workplaces with normal folk, fucking up everything for everyone in the process.
>>
File: yakyak.jpg (62 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
yakyak.jpg
62 KB, 852x480
>>338391482

Like what, where you sail around the world with Yakub?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFMebacEUt4
>>
File: 1457962489266.jpg (257 KB, 968x1998) Image search: [Google]
1457962489266.jpg
257 KB, 968x1998
>>338405810
>>338405783
>>
>>338405883
I'm just saying that it's kind of weird that people praise video games where the characters that are gay aren't shoved in your face, when in reality, they actually do.
>>
>>338406051
Maybe it's because not every fag constantly tells you he's a fag.
>>
File: 1460643702015.jpg (134 KB, 480x344) Image search: [Google]
1460643702015.jpg
134 KB, 480x344
>>
>>338405907
There's a study where they observed American servicemen's children who grew up in Germany and went to German schools.
American whites & blacks were found to score equally on SATs, out-performing whites & blacks who went to American schools.
>>
File: niggers jerry.jpg (119 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
niggers jerry.jpg
119 KB, 500x398
>>338391482
holly fucking shit this post gave me cancer
>>
>>338406015
I've never met a gay person like that. Like out of about fifty people who are gay, none of them are like that. They're always just so flamboyant.
>>
>>338405958
And that's the root of it all, black culture in America is a fucking cancer on society but there's no easy way to fix it, I've thought about this but I have no idea what a solution could be

It comes down to parents raising their kids to be better people, but statistically the people who have the most kids are Shaniqua in the ghetto who has no job, can barely afford an apartment, and has 6 different baby daddies, and I don't know how you're supposed to get those types of people to reform and work for the good of society, and not allowing them to breed or taking their kids away is Hitler-tier and out of the question

Honestly the biggest enemy to black people is other black people
>>
>>338406051
People on /v/ flip out when a character nonchalantly mentions his husband, as though this is "shoving" their sexuality in their face.

The standards for what counts as shoving one's sexuality in someone's face are entirely different for heterosexuals and homosexuals because people get so triggered by openly gay people.
>>
>>338406181
Cool link, mate.
>>
>>338404959
since you like mentioning your very well grounded average white racist assertion (sarcasm), respond to the first reply ^
>>338405942
>>
>>338405883
They don't flaunt it either, I'm not saying all gays do, but a lot do.

You know that gay voice? I don't even have to describe it and I know you know what I'm talking about.
Theres no need for that, you can still fuck guys and talk normally, theres no need to turn it into a show.
>>
>>338400846
>vanilla is considered boring and plain when it's the best ice cream flavor
>>
>>338400846
Of course not anon.

The default is what fits best with the setting and how it is handled.

Sleeping Dogs had an asian guy and he's a pretty cool character, not the deepest but a solid one.

The important thing is they have to feel like they belong and don't fit in.
This is not very hard to do in just about any setting, but if it's mindlessly being diverse for the sake of it then it can clash with everything around it.
>>
>>338406285
I honestly believe repeat offenders should be sterilized and we need a license to give birth and an agency to track a child's growth and periodically meet with them to make sure they grow up to be productive members of society.
>>
>>338406395
They don't flaunt it either I'm not saying all straight men do, but a lot do.

You know that bro voice? I don't even have to describe it and I know you know what I'm talking about.
There's no need for that, you can still fuck girls and talk normally, there's no need to turn it into a show.
>>
>>338406181
I assume you mean this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyferth_study
>>
>>338405087
What about muslims?
>>
>>338406543
They don't flaunt it either I'm not saying all nigga men do, but a lot do.

You know that nigga voice? I don't even have to describe it and I know you know what I'm talking about.
There's no need for that, you can still fuck girls and talk normally, there's no need to turn it into a show.
>>
File: 1460256345631.png (256 KB, 498x486) Image search: [Google]
1460256345631.png
256 KB, 498x486
>>338405907
I like how you posted that image as if it had meaning. Have you ever stopped to consider history and the effects of imperialism on Africa? In the state of poverty they're in, how do you honestly expect them to pull ahead with the few resources available?

Also, it's cute how you think what I said can't be true. You can't even follow basic common sense. "It's that liberal indoctrination at those jew colleges!" Well, just to entertain you, a simple search brought this up.

http://www.scholar.harvard.edu/files/bobo/files/2003_race_racism_and_discrimination_with_cybelle_fox_social_psycholgy_quarterly.pdf
>>
>>338406672
Lots of games have bombs, yes.
>>
>>338391482
>"No one wants to play as a black man"
But San Andreas is still one of the best games ever, anon.
>>
>>338406285
This.
Another example is The Bull in Dragon Age.
You have to go through a bunch of dialog with him and specifically ask him about it to find out he fucks guys, but people screamed about it.

The Bull didn't shove his buttfucking in your face, Bioware did that with their #RidetheBull crap.
They made gay inclusion into a selling point, instead of just letting it be.
>>
>>338406789
That's because nobody actually played that game, mate.
>>
>>338391482
>it seems like this is an avenue that would allow for a new and unfamiliar world and story to be explored
If that is your reasons, then yes sounds awesome.
>>
>>338406789
But then on the other side, in that same game, you had the gay mage who looks like Freddy Mercury and his entire plotline is that he was kicked out of his country because they hate gays
>>
WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PORK BUN IN YOUR HAND?
>>
>>338406681
See? Subcultures have their own traits and tendencies. They're not necessarily bad or good, they're just common to people within that subculture. It's not about flaunting, it's about people tending to copy those within their subculture.
>>
>>338406734
>harvard
>not owned by Gods Chosen
>>
>>338406734
Don't forget to add that most people in the United States don't even view Africa as a continent and treat it as a country itself. Not every african country has starving kids in the Street. Ghana and Rwanda are two developing level countries that have seen a steady increase in the quality of life, income, and stability. Rwanda being the most significant following the civil war in the 90s. They're currently on track to being pretty well off by 2020.
>>
>>338406868
But to get to that point(its his personal mission) you would have already have had to play with him for ages and have high rep with him and already found out hes gay.
>>
>>338402390
What about an AC set in the 20th century, but in South Africa during the Apartheid?
>>
File: killer7ps2e.jpg (381 KB, 1535x2173) Image search: [Google]
killer7ps2e.jpg
381 KB, 1535x2173
>tfw Japan made the best Black protagonist in gaming

They should make more hard ass motherSHUT YOUR MOUTH black protagonist. None of this WE WUZ KANGZ stuff.
>>
>>338402342
>>338402746
>I bet the best thing you guys can come up with as a reply to this is "cuck"
>Reply is a reworded version of cuck
Never change.

>>338403097
t. Hulk Hogan

>>338403605
I'd argue you're not racist, just childish.

On the giving extra support to blacks thing, it's a no brainer. Blacks on average have less education than other races in the US. Blacks on average have less money than other races in the US. Lack of education and money is linked with violence and crime.

So naturally, you give blacks more opportunities for education and income, and it'll lower crime rates.

I mean, nobody is making this argument for Asians, because they don't have this problem. Liberals (Intelligent ones, that is. Stupid college liberals are a blight on society, no joke.) aren't giving opportunities to blacks out of some form of apology, but out of pragmatism.
>>
File: 1463253605138.jpg (158 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1463253605138.jpg
158 KB, 920x900
Was the MC in masquerade bloodlines black?
>>
File: EOD_fi.jpg (10 KB, 200x130) Image search: [Google]
EOD_fi.jpg
10 KB, 200x130
>>338406734
>dey took our gold and it made us dumb
>>
>>338407373
>So naturally, you give blacks more opportunities for education and income, and it'll lower crime rates.
Working out great so far.
>>
Bunch of retards ITT
>>
>>338407719
>haha, who even needs money?

that's how stupid you sound
>>
i don't like niggers and no amount of calling me racist will change it. you try living in an area predominately black. no fucking wonder theres a term white flight. if you could get away, you would too.

doesn't mean i won't play games with a black protag. san andreas is a good example.
>>
If it's set in some primitive African shithole, I don't want to play it. Not saying it's bad, but I can't think of anything that I've been exposed to with an African theme that isn't absolutely aesthetically repugnant. Art, folklore, weapons, all of it. I don't like barbarian types, I don't like noble savages.
>>
>>338405087
Latino is just a mix betwen white and american natives, not a real race.
>>
>>338403961
The only racial group that can beat out African Americans in historical racial tensions is that of the Native Americans. It'd be probably worse if they weren't stuck on reservations and there were more of them.
>>
>>338408029
What about a survival game where you get dropped in random locations and have to make it to safety?
>>
>>338408068
Every native american I've met has a chip on their shoulder about the "White man". If they weren't wiped out and diluted, it would probably would be intolerable.

I did meet a pretty based Native American guy though but he was adopted by evangelical white parents lol.
>>
>>338407814
NK, Mongolia, Belarus and Moldova have no money either, how stupid are they on that map?
>>
>>338408279
>Implying you can accurately measure anything in north korea.
>>
>>338408279
>NK
stopped reading there
>>
Blaxploitation police game with STYLE and FUNK mechanics out the ass.
Or
New Orleans jazz man committing small cons on the side, practicing escape skills for endgame Katrina + voodoo chimpout catastrophe.
Or
Gospel church sim.
>>
>>338408540
>Gospel church sim.
Maybe not this, but a roleplaying game where you go from small-town preacher to megachurch leader, depending on who you cozy up to and how you preach and how you direct your followers would be a really cool game.
>>
>>338408279
Well according to the IQ chart of whites and asians, pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>338409047
So which is it, genetic or socio-economic?
>>
>>338409185

According to the evidence based on actual studies ITT, socioeconomic. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>338409457
What do you think is more likely
>dumb people turn out poor
>poor people turn out dumb
>>
>>338403449

Great game. Didn't realize he was black though.
>>
>>338391482
like an aftican village simulator. You take control, do rituals, etc.
>>
>>338406397
Vanilla cuck detected. Chocolate masterrace
>>
>>338406397
Advocat and pistachio are the best, pleb. Vanilla is only good as a complement to other flavors.
>>
>>338402782
This, I don't disagree with all of the SJW's shit on paper. Its how they try and push it that I have a problem with.

They think you can condescend the racism and sexism out of people, as if they could yell loud enough and have their utopia in the next few decades.

When all this shit started on this site, 4chan wasn't legit racist, wasn't legit sexist, just politically incorrect and didn't give a fuck. Now, actual idiots have moved in with the the ironic shitposters and /r9k/ and /pol/ spit crazy shit all the time unironically.

Checking your privilege was something that you allready did if you had decent manners. It didn't need a name, or to be used as some catch all argument winner for college liberals.
>>
>>338409971
Rogan?
>>
>>338406397
Not coffee, the brown girl of icecream
>>
>>338409971
eat shit.die from aids.
it's a survival
>>
>>338401631
...no.

What you mean to say is that democrats used to own slaves and be all racist and shit.

The thing is, back then, the democrats were conservative. The republicans were radical liberals.

Liberals have always been for more equality, conservatives have always been for less, at least historically.
>>
>>338391482
/v/ loves GTASA

Being black for black's sake is just superficial and dumb. African myths can be cool, like an Anansi based game where you trick the fuck out of people.
>>
>>338391482
Blacks don't have much of a history. They lived primitively for most of their existence. Some of them saw the $$$ is selling their people into slavery and they took it. Why do you think all the educated black people are either in the U.S. or U.K.
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.