[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your first play through like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 17
File: DARK-SOULS-III-Cover.jpg (604 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DARK-SOULS-III-Cover.jpg
604 KB, 1600x900
What was your first play through like?
>>
Chickenshit with a shield + dark sword, possibly overleveled for every boss
>>
good. yours?
>>
Fallen Knight armor + GATTSU sword two-handed without a shield. It was pretty fun.
>>
Really fun, Claymore/Black Blade on quality build
>>
I fucked up a lot of quests.
>>
>>338380846
smooth sailing right up till i found this secret wall after ponitff sulyvahn with two of those furry, ribcagey crocodile fucks in it. I killed the earlier ones no problem but these fucks keep cornholing me. I have tried everthing but i get one down to maybe 20% health and then it just goes apeshit spamming that fucking one hit kill grab shit they do. So ive been stuck on this part a couple of days.

Seriously fuck these guys.
>>
>>338381390
I think we all did if we weren't following a guide
>>
>>338382186
Try attacking one at a time
>>
>>338382186
You can ignore it and come back to it later. I beat them by attracting the one on the left's attention and went for the right after I beat him. Also try to stay at their backside to prevent them from gobbling you up.
>>
Butchers Knife and various Crest Shields. Strength build. It's what I usually do for my first playthrough. I fucked up every quest and now I'm going for NG+ with full Artorias gear. It's fun.
>>
>>338382428
What was everybody's reaction to dark Firelink Shrine behind the consumed king?
>>
>>338382518

I thought it was rad as shit and I loved seeing more black Knights but I was confused as hell about why only the merchant was present but then again I don't know shit about lore.
>>
Started as a pyro. Dumped points into STR and running around with a Heavy Infused Butcher's. She's at SL 130 now. Put her on the back burner for a luck build.
>>
still not finished

i've stopped playing for the last week, just don't have the motivation. i'm right in front of aldritch, how far into the game am i?
>>
>>338382940
Have you gone to the dungeon yet? If not then around halfway.
>>
>>338382186
Get tbe attention of one of them.
Climb up ladder, then fall down with an attack when it's beneath you. It's stunned, do a riposte and it's dead. Repeat for the second one.
>>
>>338383146
irithyll dungeon? yeah i finished that, fuck jailers

though i already killed dancer because i thought you were supposed to do that earlier on
>>
>>338380846
Battle axe.
Switched armors often, but I'll say I used Sellsword the most.

It was very enjoyable, but perhaps too familiar.

>>338382940
If you have already done Yhorm, you can maybe get to the end in 2 hours missing a lot of optional areas.

If you haven't done Yhorm and choose to do the optional areas, you can probably stretch it to 6-8 hours left.
>>
>>338380846
Awful, and I never played again after 16 hours.
>>
>>338383296
did you kill the boss in the profaned capital? have you explored lothric castle and the consumed king's gardens?
>>
I stopped playing for a couple of weeks before the last 2 bosses and then came back today and summoned for them to get them over with. I got the ending where I summoned the firekeeper and put how the fire and now I kind of want to do a playthrough with the best ending and maybe follow a wiki to see the stuff I missed.

How should I go about my second playthrough? I used the starting broadsword for the entire game and got kind of bored of it late game
>>
>>338383442
no and no

i was planning on going to profaned capital after aldritch, then to lothric castle and consumed king's garden after that
>>
>>338380846
Pretty bad. I was a STR and Magic built character with a Great Club. Not only was my damage and HP shit, but I found out the hard way that Miyazaki hates magic and everything to do with it.
>>
Fallen Knight Set with Dark Sword and Grass Chrest Shield
Buffed with carthus Flame arc
Named Artorias
>>
>>338380846
19 hours full STR butchers knife fatty.
All in all.
pretty fun/10
>>
File: thor invades.webm (2 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
thor invades.webm
2 MB, 840x472
As long as we're talking about dark souls, can you guys post some funny webm of dark souls.

They're entertaining.
>>
>>338380846

I chose Sorcerer as my starting class.

It was suffering all the way through.

Soul Stream was so worth it, though.
>>
Horrible since I haven't played BB yet.

>Alright, timing is the key
>Just wait for them to swing three times and watch out for the feign
>He's open, nows my chance
>Wait, why are you still attacking
>Stop
>Please stop
>Let me hit you with my anime sword
>>
Sword and board with Broadsword STR build and just recently changed to dex/luck bleed build before starting NG+.

Pontiff and Nameless King gave me the most challenge.
>>
>>338382518
I was scared. Like, actually terrified. I was expecting some big ass boss at the Shrine that would pop out of the darkness.
>>
Still working through it. Just got to Profaned Capital.

Started with longsword, went to dark sword, then finally greataxe. Been using that since cathedral of the deep.

I've checked out other strength weapons, but none have really impressed me. Greataxe is faster than great hammers and UGSs, and hits like a truck. Doesn't have much range, but that's not much of an issue.
>>
First was quality knight sword & board. Upgraded a ton of weapons but always fell back on Refined Longsword and the whole game was piss easy.

Second was pure sorcerer and it was awful. Most of DaS2's new spells are gone, the animations are back to the stiff bullshit from DaS1, the only new spell that isn't worthless is saved for the last level so you barely get a chance to use it, weapons buffs are back to DaS1 style so there's no point in magic infusions when raw + buff will always do more damage, and the DeS-style mana bar means there's less incentive to use your most powerful spells since they're so inefficient. All this combined basically meant I spend 30 hours spamming Great Soul Arrow. At least there's the MLGS, although it pales in comparison to its Bloodborne incarnation.
>>
I somehow forgot about the crystal sage foggate and ventured further down slaying watchers and the old demon king before i found the way to the cathedral of the deep. It took me hours to realize the smoldering lake is not leading me anywhere new. I climbed up to the balliste like 10 times, once i switched it off i discovered a breakable wall, so on again, wall gone, off again, discover breakable floore, on again.. and so on
>>
Full strenght build. Wanted to go with UGS but they're all shit so I went with the Executioners Greatsword.
>>
>>338383947
I was honestly expecting the serpent from Dark Souls 1 to appear in the shrine. It was so creepy, even scarier when I saw the maiden still there while Andre was gone.

>Well, fancy that.
>A lost lamb wandereth in, with nary a peep from the bell.
>Well, thou shouldst my purpose know.
>What can this old handmaid provide thee?

>To skirt the curse's grasp…
>…tarry not for long.
>Tis dark for now, and not a soul stirs.
>But remember, fires are known to fade in quiet.
>Or perhaps thou'rt captive already.
>Like that poor girl.
>Best not tarry long.
>>
>>338380941
What shield?
>>
Started as pyromancer, ended up as a fire wielding weeaboo.
>>
>>338384758
All the medium 100% block shields depending on what I need to block
>>
Not sure how related this is, but how do I go about transferring my save data to a sub account or separate account on the PS4? As far as I've been told it's the only way to sort out auto-summon covenants
>>
>>338380846
Good, had lots of fun with the game.

Just for some reason can't bring myself to replay the game,

Waiting for DLCs before playing again.
>>
Quality lucerne build. No shield. Finished in 20 hours
>>
I always get almost all the way through a souls game, realize I've fucked my build by increasing stats on things I don't need to or don't like, restart it and play a build with minmaxing, and have a much more enjoyable time

So pretty good until the end
>>
DaS1 = BB > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2
>>
>>338380846
>attempt to do a STR/FAI hybrid build
>get to the end game
>have ~30 FAI
>get fed up with how FUCKING G A R B A G E faith is
>go to the titty monster and respec into quality
fun magic Miyazaki, ggnore
>>
>>338380846
Pure STR build with a heavy great club and a 100% block medium shield.
It was fun oneshotting most mobs, but for some reason I never thought of getting a faster secondary, so I was smashing rats with it too.
Bosses for some reason were a breeze, except for abyss watchers, nameless king and Deacons of the deep
>>
>>338386381

DaS3 > BB = DaS1 > DeS > DaS2

The more consistent level design in DaS3 puts it over DaS1. The worst DaS3 levels are just kind of unimpressive.

BB has little problems like sometimes needing to grind for blood vials, and I think DaS3 has a lot more visual variety in its levels.
>>
>>338386481
>faith
>all gods dead

And you're suprised faith sucks?
>>
>>338380846
I'm stuck in the first level because I picked Knight and I haven't gotten gud yet.

But I can still power through DS1
>>
>>338386764
best post I've seen in a long time
>>
>>338386752
>BB has little problems like sometimes needing to grind for blood vials
I get why people don't like it but I feel like the rally system is worth it.

Right now I would say BB is better but maybe only because the DLC was so great and the DaS3 dlc is probably not going to be as good.
>>
>>338386843
The tutorial level, the tutorial boss or the high wall of lothric?
>>
>>338380846
Guidefree and solo.
>>
hybrid str/dex build, sword and shield.
it was fun and exciting to play something new, that didnt last very long though
>>
File: image.png (15 KB, 189x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15 KB, 189x287
Frustrating because I didn't know there was no poise and I kept wondering why everything kept staggering me. Especially so because I used a regular greatsword on a Str build
>>
File: Squall-Whatever.jpg (3 KB, 179x83) Image search: [Google]
Squall-Whatever.jpg
3 KB, 179x83
I absolutely refused to buy this and just wanna pirate it after the bullshit that was DaS2/SotFS. But then my friend bought it for me with string attached, that is to co-op with him all throughout the whole game. Was my first and only playthrough. So... Spoiler free, 2-player, steamrolled through everything.
>>
File: lifetheuniverseandeverything.png (361 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
lifetheuniverseandeverything.png
361 KB, 600x404
>>338380846
I wanted to do a heavy armor str/fai build like I usually do for my first playthrough and have done since Demon's Souls.

I spent almost the entire game gimped with the shitty faith spells/scaling until I finally reached the sunlight altar and got great lightning spear.

It did shit damage despite my 40 faith so I said fuck it and respecced to pure strength with the dark sword just to finish the damned game.

Dark Souls III is easily my least favorite Souls game.
>>
>>338386949
Rally system is pretty great.

Overall, I think I like the combat mechanics in BB the most. I also like the weapons more.

One of the things I kinda dislike in the other games is how there are lots of weapons with really minuscule differences. Makes choosing which one to use a hassle.

None of that in BB though. Every weapon is really unique.
>>
can someone recommend an 'all round' armor set?
dex build with the great scythe

im up to dragonslayer at the moment.
>>
Was pretty good, but I thought it was pretty easy overall. Maybe I was overleveld.

I also thought it was very short. Finished it after 30 hours. I still love it and want more out of it but at the same time I'm not certain about starting NG+ right now because I want more new stuff.

I wish the DLC came out sooner, fuck waiting until fall. That's fucking long.
>>
>>338388048

Fallen Knight Set, Alva Set, Undead Legion Set, Nameless Knight Set, Assassin/Black Hand set, Firelink Set

Basically any combination of light/med armour sets since poise is nonexistant

On my male character I tended to do with Old Sage Blindfold, Undead Legion Chest, Undead Legion Arms, and Alva legs

On my female character I went with Herald Helmet, Dancer Chest, Elite Knight Legs and Undead Legion arms
>>
>>338381390
I think most did. How the fuck should I know what to do without using a guide, these Souls quests aren't like in most games nowadays. You gotta do specific things at specific times.
>>
>>338388451
>Basically any combination of light/med armour sets since poise is nonexistant
Absorption is still pretty good.
>>
>>338388048
Use this. Might get some ugly mix but if all you care about are stats this is the thing to for you.
https://3dots.github.io/ds3optimizer/#/optimizer
>>
>>338388578

While I won't argue that absorption is important, since you'd either need to dump levels into vit or sacrifice a ring slot to use the heavier sets it's often better to just use a high absorption shield until you're more confident in your dodging

Incidentally, a good place to practice that I find is after the Pontiff bonfire, try fighting those giants without getting hit by the fireballs, should improve your reflexes and timing
>>
>>338388809
Oh I am 500+ hours in. I got good with dodging.
But I am appreciating armor a lot more. Initially I dismissed armor and vit as shit because of the lack of poise but if you stack a little all the small weapons suddenly become a joke. Like I laugh at estocs now.
>>
I kept popping on /v/ to chat about it only to see most people one step ahead of me. Still pissed I got Untended Graves spoiled for me, I really should have stayed off.
>>
>>338387709
Same weapon, I was getting pissed that I kept getting interrupted by fucking dogs and daggers, no matter how high my poise was.
>>
>>338389489
At least we can say we beat the game on true hard mode
>>
i didn't finish it yet game is boring
>>
>>338380846
I went through as a Lothric Knight and only killed two bosses on my first try, Iudex Gundyr and Twin Princes.
>>
>>338382518
Legitimately unsettled by the sheer, impenetrable darkness. It was spooky as fuck.
>>
If anyone has a solution to the auto-summoning coventant issues on the PS4 in here it'd be greatly appreciated

As for my first playthrough, Shirtless, blindfold, no shield, was at the time unaware of both the simple infusion trick and the caestus parry trick, so just had the pyro flame for Carthus Flame Arc and played exclusively with the falchion I got from my first run through the catacombs
>>
>>338380846
started as a warrior, played with the axe untill anor londo, after i switched to a heavy great club, now i play with yhorn's machete, pretty neat.
>>
took me 40 hours overall, but I spent some time getting summoned for Dragonslayer Armor to grind embers. Used axes for practically the whole game, went back and got the butcher's knife when the brigand's became unsustainable

Twin Princes and Pontiff were bitches. Didn't figure out how to get to NK until after I beat the game, still haven't beat him because I'm not really in the mood for more bullshit. I'm enjoying the occasional bit of PVP.
>>
https://www.twitch tv boshytime
boshy is streaming pvp, come say hi
>>
3 phantoms the whole way through with plenty of invasions.
>>
File: 1463591905449.png (990 KB, 480x1438) Image search: [Google]
1463591905449.png
990 KB, 480x1438
Found the Butcher's Knife early and kept it to the very end up to the platinum. 2h Butcher, Grass Crest on my back, Cloranthy active ALWAYS.

I tried mixing it up with other STR weapons but everything felt like a downgrade.
>>
Solo sans bosses I got stuck on for 20+ deaths.
As a Hybrid Pyromancer with a Scythe.
It was hell.
Notable bosses I had to summon for: Sage and Twins.

Also,
>Just finished Pontiff on NG+
>Going to go grab the Ring of Favor +1 in the upper of his room
>Get invaded by an Aldrich as I'm in the sprint to the door
>Annoyed, go to the Fight Club pit
>They come, Red invades, send the Sentinel home because I forgot I had WoB on, poor fuck spawned in front of me and the Aldrich
>I am shit at PVP, bear in mind, this is on an Anri's Sword Luck build I did on a new character for all the achievements and shit.
>Manage to kill the Aldrich taking 1 hit
>Red was watching for a bit
>I bow, he Legion Etiquette so I charge the fuck
>Near the point when he's about to die, he tries to start parry baiting with a small shield instead of a Caestus
>Gets the parry at ~120 HP, but also somehow takes the hit
>Polite bow to the fuck
Fuck you K***htstand.
>>
>>338386843
If I can complete the game as the knight without changing equipment, you can too
>>
>>338383546
you're about 70% through the game
>>
>>338391394
Knight starts with amazing equipment.
>>
>>338388048
armor in DaS3 fucking blows, it makes basically 0 difference until you slap on Smough's set or Havel's set.

Wear what you feel looks good and only level VIT to fastroll with your weapons. physical absorption is a waste of time for 99% of all armor sets in the game, and you get more dividends from blocking elemental damage with shields than with specialized clothes
>>
>>338380846
Still haven't finished. Stuck on Twin Princess/Nameless King boss fights and have been too busy to play all that much
>>
>>338393229
Whats the maximum weight you can still fast roll?
>>
>>338393985
70%
>>
>>338380846
Shitty int/dex character with no health at all.
Kept getting stunned because no hyper armour and I made it harder than it had to be by not using offensive spells all the time.
It was great. Took me 80 hours to finish but 50 were probably Coop and invasions.
>>
What are the absolute things to have before you start new game+?
>>
>>338395392
Nothing, faggot.
Just go to new game plus and play the game again.
>>
>>338395392
Get all the slabs. especially the trade one.
>>
>>338382906
>picked the worst class
kek, mercenary master race reporting in
>>
>>338392813
The longsword is pretty great
>>
>>338380846
I'm on my first playthrough now. At deacons of the deep, beat the boss but can't find where to get to the next stage.
>>
>>338380846
Warrior using Knight armor, Lothric shield, light crossbow and starter battle ax infused with heavy. Leveled only VGR, END, STR and VIT enough not to fat roll. Didn't have any trouble.
>>
>>338395884
>pyro
>worst starting class
that would be the cleric

>high investment in WORTHLESS faith
>high investment in WORTHLESS luck
>very little health
>very little endurance
>very little equip load
>fucking terrible starting shield
>fucking terrible starting armor
the only thing he's got going for him is the mace, which is meh in the first place
>>
>>338396202
>on the back burner for a luck build.
>pyromancer
>>
File: glass breaking.gif (2 MB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
glass breaking.gif
2 MB, 350x260
>>338380846
Used great/ultra-great swords until the Abyss Watchers, then I used Artorias' sword for most of the game after that. I missed Arch-dragon Peak and Untended Graves though.
I think my favorite boss was Yhorm; beating him using a UGS to hit his head was enjoyable without being stressful as fuck. I felt like an idiot after picking up the Storm Ruler afterwards though.
>>
is the Astora's Greatsword good, /v/?

I picked it up and want to try it because it looks like Anduril, but I don't want to waste titanite
>>
>>338380846
Knight. 40/40 claymore/longsword, lothric knight set.
>>
>>338396003
Talk to the NPCs.
>>
Went pretty good I guess. Went for a quality build and mostly used straight swords. Fucked up most of the NPC quests except for Siris and Leon since I actually caught that in time looking it up. I do wish I would have done a pure build though for str or dex. I felt like quality took far too long to set up because leveling felt pretty slow like in BB.
>>
>>338380846
I didn't expect package guy who put like on you was actually final boss.
>>
>>338396003
Abyss Watchers
>>
started as a cleric, didn't use a shield and played at almost base vit because i was going str/fai, died a lot on bosses, rarely died while exploring

got so disappointed in miracles that i ended up respecing and putting the points into pure str/end/vit

got bored quite a lot, took quite long breaks from the game and ended up forcing myself to finish it in the end

died the most to ponfit, that guy was fucking insane
>>
>>338380846
sellswords, lucerne, then to irithiyl sword, then to gottards.

I stopped leveling at 60, when I realized how much damage bosses were taking (Oceiros for instance).

I cleared Pontiff and found the dungeon before backtracking and killing dancer and finding oceiros and the armor. I then went back to the dungeon and did Yorm.

This game isn't as linear as some people say it is, you still have choices.

I only started one part of siegward's quest and nothing else because putting him in a corner well is utterly asinine. I understand somewhat why they put lore in items, but why hide major character events that tie into the experience of a boss (Yorm).

When I did Yorm it was just this shitty gimmick fight, like they ripped it off of a QTE boss in Dying light, or The Order.
>>
>>338396003
There is branching point in the swamp. You went to one side which got you to the deacons. Now that you are done with them go back and take the other route.
>>
Fallen armour set the entire way with my Claymore.

Surprised myself and found all areas and even usurped the flame. Loved it-Pontiff was a breeze for me but then I got smashed by the Prince and Nameless King.

All in all, almost as good an experience as Das1
>>
File: 1462447549540.jpg (414 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1462447549540.jpg
414 KB, 2560x1440
Freaked out when I found out it.
>>
>>338380846
Dropped it for a month right before the final boss because it's such a turd of a game. Got every trophy now and still don't like it.
>>
>>338397743
>Fallen Armor set

Read the item description for the legs.
>>
>first run was standard greatsword melee build
>try to make a FTH build for second run
>getting rekt by everything
>basic lightning spell does shit damage

should I just scrap this build?
>>
>>338397686
>finding pontiff hard
try greatshield, and then greatshield
>>
File: vordts_great_hammer.png (5 KB, 93x144) Image search: [Google]
vordts_great_hammer.png
5 KB, 93x144
Made it right after getting the kiln. No shield, Medium/light armor. Full STR build with 0 attunement slots. Same setup the whole game.

Really enjoyed the first play through, subsequent ones, not so much. Simply doesn't have as much replayability for me as the previous games.
>>
started warrior because it looked cool
2 handed machete as soon as it dropped from those fucks in undead settlement
missed a big part of the profaned capital
found everything else tho
>>
>>338397748
What am I supposed to be freaking out here? That she is micheal jackson?
>>
>>338380846
Cleric with focus on faith
One of the hardest walkthrough in the souls/borne games
After that made mage, easy as fuck run
>>
>>338397743
>All in all, almost as good an experience as Das1
I am guessing you stopped after O&S then.
>>
I'm currently at the Dark Shrine after the Untended Graves.

Should I kill the shrine handmaiden here?
Will if affect anything in my Firelink Shrine?
>>
>>338397730
Appreciate ya
>>
>>338398118
don't know. be a pioneer and find out, anon
>>
>>338398054
No mate I didn't-Bed of Chaos and Izalith is terrible but I liked New Londo and the Dukes unlike most
>>
>>338398032
>cleric in das2
>way too easy
>so OP even DSP had a good time with the game
>"please don't overcompensate again and make it completely useless"
>they did

Every fucking time.
This is not just a fromsoft thing but every time something in a video game gets balanced they jump from one extreme to the other.

Why don't they ever try a small step first?
>>
>>338386647
I went full strength as well with the butchers knife and some kind of big ass greatshield. I had a surprisingly easy time with most bosses except for Abyss Watchers, which was probably because I was fighting them with 2h Vordt's mace and was still pretty rusty on the series mechanics
>>
>>338398226
Overall das1 becomes a worse experience than das3 if you finish the complete game.
>>
>pre-order the game
>still have not finished it

wish I was NEET

I beat the giant and also the magic guy in Anal Rodeo today so I'm probably getting close to the end.
>>
>Didn't use guide
>Only discovered one optional area
>Only did 1 NPC questline
>Bread + Butter Knight character with 100% physical shield + Longsword
>>
File: 1459377369553.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1459377369553.png
75 KB, 325x244
>when you have chronic headaches depression and feel like shit and you don't want to do anything like this because it would be a waste
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>338398463
GIT
FUCKING
GUD
>>
File: 1325210272004.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1325210272004.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
It still hasnt happened

>be too poor and busy to upgrade when das 3 came out in april
>summer begins, upgraded to a new pc around may 5th ish
>played das 3 for like 2 hours, amazing
>hard drive dies the next day
>waiting

Ive kind of given up with spoilers at this point.
>>
Beat the game with a str build for my first playthru.

What should I do for my 2nd playthrough? Pyro? Dex?
>>
>>338398613
The pyro stuff is completely horrible
>>
>>338398270
I actually, before das3 was released, made a cleric run in des/das/das2 and found des(lack of miracles) and das2(all good miracles in the middle and late game) pretty challenging, compared to my usual knight runs
>>
>>338398548
Nothing to do with getting gud. I just have no time to play. I think DS3 is way easier tha Bloodborne. I have killed most of the bosses on my first or second try.
>>
>>338398694
Really? I heard miracle is horrible.
>>
>>338399070
They both are
>>
>>338399061
Sounds like someone needs to
GIT
GUD
>>
>>338399209
So what build should i go for?
>>
>>338399209
Sorcery sucks too, until you're at endgame levels.
>>
File: Screen_5G.0.jpg (665 KB, 2467x1384) Image search: [Google]
Screen_5G.0.jpg
665 KB, 2467x1384
I felt like i was in green inferno
>>
>>338399396
stop saying memes
>>
>>338399664
no
GIT
GUD
>>
>>338383838
Nice threes and eights
>>
>>338380846
lucerne. was very happy when i found thr leo ring. loved throwing people off with the slow, derpy 1handed charged attacks then immediately catching them with the weapon art when they try to punish. weapon art l2s on shields was a fabulous idea. didnt discover the 2h light attack into weapon art combo because i honestly didnt think from would allow a light attack to combo into anything but another light attack.

while i didnt enjoy the pve gameplay as much as dark souls 1, the sheer amount of hype/fanservice was insane. I had to put down my controller and get up and walk around while giggling excitedly when i first saw soul of cinder's 2nd phase and heard the piano bit in his theme.
>>
>>338398613
you can never go wrong with a dex build.
>>
Faith+claymore/halberd

Absolute dogshit, all of my miracles did shit damage and WoG took to long.
>>
>>338400071
But that feels boring how it is any different from my str build except using another weapon?
>>
>>338400260
very different. You move faster and rely more on dodging, and the weapons are faster. Give it a try. Its a different DaS experience.
>>
what boss weapons are worth using?
>>
>>338400208
>All these people ITT who fell for the FAI meme
Miyazaki, why?
>>
>>338380846
Far too easy after playing Dark Souls II a lot. Between the stupidly long i-frames and the speed at which you drink estus trivialized the game. I only died once to Nameless King because I didn't realize armor was actually useful in Dark Souls for once and he 100-0'd me with that one combo. Started with Knight, exclusively used the Longsword, pumped vigor to 40 and end to 40 by the time I started getting to level str/dex I was already at soul of cinder. I always used Longsword in every souls game, but I didn't expect straight swords to be the most overpowered weapon class.
>>
>>338400538
In DeS, DaS, and DaSII I started with a faith play through and I was never disappointed. They really need to buff faith soon.
>>
>>338400386
I was rely plenty on dodging when i was playing str since I was using 2hand yhorm machete.
>>
>>338400260
Your attacks have no hyper armor and you will constantly get stunned and die.
>>
Does anyone else think the game is pretty short? How long did it take you to beat the game in your first playthrough? 30 hours here.
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 1280x1224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 1280x1224
Every NPC was kind and gentle in 3 was bit disappointing.
I was expecting another freak.
>>
>>338401089

not short
>>
>>338401089
I'm up to 55 hours and am in profaned capital.
>>
>>338401023
Barely any normal R1 attacks have hyper armor anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 600x863) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 600x863
It was great to have proper challenging final boss in the end of series.
>>
>>338401089
40 hours but I PvP'd and co-oped. I still put 107 hours in it so far and I intend on making a hollow build today.
>>
>>338401232
He was really easy for me after Nameless king. He was much more forgiving and had only 1 real attack which was a threat which was the combo
>>
>>338401232
but anon, the SoC was piss easy
>>
>>338401549
>>338401670
Oh, my mistake.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 1536x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 1536x872
>Worst final boss in series.
>>
>>338401740
they're memeing on you, anon, don't listen to them
>>
>>338381390
by far the most infuriating was playing early on and having Rosaria's lock out Sirris' questline

post-patch these don't interact with each other anymore as far as I understand
>>
>>338401880
How was SoC hard? All his attacks were incredibly telegraphed.
>>
>>338401946
All attacks in the game are telegraphed therefore the game is easy.
>>
Still playing it. Just beat the Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>338401549
I beat nameless king on my 3rd try but it took me like an hour to beat SOC so idk why people thought NK was so hard. He was much more predictable than SOC
>>
tried doing str/fth tank paladin but that was obviously a huge mistake. Got fed up with the game near the end and just rushed through it knowing I had to have missed a few optional areas.
>>
File: 1463795950887.png (503 KB, 604x437) Image search: [Google]
1463795950887.png
503 KB, 604x437
>played straight sword + dragon crest shield first run, bored as fuck by the end
>trying to redeem myself by going shieldless rapier user
Every rest I pray to Inigo Montoya
>>
>>338401232
he's one of the only bosses i didn't need to summon for
>>
Full Lothric Knight with enough faith for Sunlight Blade. Felt fucking awesome.
>>
>>338380846
>boring
>easy
>disappointing
wasn't even worth pirating
>>
>>338404616
Meanwhile I'd suck a thousand guys dry to play this game but I can't because I lack the hardware and the leans to upgrade it at this point in time. It sucks because the game is probably the most active it will ever be right now.

I've played through ds so many times I can speedrun the game in like 40 to 50 minutes
>>
>>338380941
This. I'm a huge sucker for that and I always end up doing it on my playthrough.
I also always use the "cover armor"
>>
>>338404616
this desu, having a bit more fun with pvp though.
some really cancer implementations were fucking my experience, like having to wait for darkmoon summon.
>>
File: pepe weed.png (75 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
pepe weed.png
75 KB, 230x230
>start with shitty cleric class

woah, this game is pretty tough

>get my first 100% physical block shield

ok when does this game get hard again?

>it never does

still an awesome game, hoping for hard bosses in the DLC
>>
>>338383838
That's some peculiar GETS
>>
>>338406971
now THAT is a pretty rare pepe
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.