[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1463767041615.jpg (63 KB, 540x566) Image search: [Google]
1463767041615.jpg
63 KB, 540x566
>poise is working as intended
Why they lying though?
>>
Poise determines how many i-frames your rolls lose after you get hit once.
>>
>>338376528
i hate how the fat fireball fucks don't stagger no matter what you hit them with.

Same as the fucking tranny evangelists in the settlement.
>>
>>338377296
>wearing armor literally carved from stone and a great shield
>The armor helps you dodge better

Yeah.... working as intended
>>
>>338377627
No armor is for absorption nigga.

It is still an action rpg not a turn-based rpg. Poise is just not interactive and overall a shitty concept.
Like VATS in fallout.
>>
>>338377296

That's actually a myth, it has no effect whatsoever
>>
File: 1459464808228.jpg (47 KB, 600x809) Image search: [Google]
1459464808228.jpg
47 KB, 600x809
>>338377296
If that's true, that's beyond retarded.

>wearing a hundred pounds of metal somehow improves your ability to roll
>>
>>338377296
>>338378606
Only one redditor has come to this conclusion, there has been no replicated tests. May or may not be true. It's a subtle enough effect that it's not easily noticeable.
>>
HYPER ARMOR
>>
honestly it's for the better

the stats on armor literally do nothing, you will always die in 3 hits to a boss no matter what/ so would you rather

A: Have low poise, get hit by an attack, get launched away by it creating distance between you and the boss, as well as giving you invincibility frames?

or B: Tank through a hit with poise and then be hit by a followup strike, most likely killing you?
>>
>>338379225
Or C: Get attacked by two quick hitting enemies (one being a dog that comes from the front and still bites you in the ass) and die.

Because the game is not all bossfights.
>>
>>338379225
>A: Have low poise, get hit by an attack, get launched away by it creating distance between you and the boss, as well as giving you invincibility frames?
>or B: Tank through a hit with poise and then be hit by a followup strike, most likely killing you?

Actually it's more like

>A: Have low poise, get hit by an attack, get launched away by it creating distance between you and the boss, as well as giving you invincibility frames, and giving the boss time to close the distance and hit you on wakeup
>or B: Tank through a hit with poise which leaves you able to roll or block the follow up strike

The former situation happened to me a several times. Being able to poise through one hit of a boss combo, leaves you more capable of avoiding the rest of the damage than if you got stunned from the attack. Dark Souls II had that interesting idea of you getting a weaker form of stun on hit with poise.
>>
File: quality pvp experience.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
quality pvp experience.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>338378992
Retconned.
It simply has no effect. Just live with it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.