[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ never talk about this forgotten classic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (325 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
image.png
325 KB, 300x449
Why does /v/ never talk about this forgotten classic?
>>
because it's shit
>>
because it's shit
>>
because it's shit
>>
I like it, still play it from time to time.
>>
>>338368761
>>338368717
>>338368672
hivemind?
>>
Let make a game 30% done,make it stupid ass long and , the only way you fight is to mash the shit out of your controller, on top of that let throw in endless fetch quests that are pointless as fuck to the main story. Did I hit on the head
>>
>>338368596
Playing in an mmo's corpse can only be fun for so long
>>
>>338368901
Hahaha holy fuck this the best description of this game
>>
The game could of been ok but too bad the devs went bankrupt i wouldve liked to see what their next single player mmo wouldve been like
>>
>>338368828
samefagging
>>
>button mash combat
>large but empty world

i like it but it's unfinished. i hate the faes though. fucking hippies
>>
stupid, pointless, and entirely unengaging story
button mash combat so dumb you can literally look away from the screen and win every single fight
big world with fucking nothing in it, just makes it take longer to traverse
unnecessarily long
stupid WoW-aping artstyle

I want to know how anyone found it even remotely fun enough to say it had potential, let alone was good
>>
>>338369297
It was good.
>>
because it's shit
>>
>start the game up
>annoying intro sequence
>immediately see that its literally a single player mmo
>exit and delete the game

why would i want to play a single player mmo. i dont want to play a mmo mmo.

reminder that the state of rhode island got ripped off to the tune of 10 million dollars to finance this game because politicians suck celebrity cock compulsively.
>>
>>338369297
It's fun. Sometimes I just want to fight things and level up, without all the hassle of a MMO.
>>
>>338368596
Because it is NOT a classic, doesn´t even have any class, and was forgotten for a reason; mainly that it is literally not worth remembering at all.

People joke about forgetting about Remember Me, but it had infinitely more interesting setpieces and ideas than this wholly uninspired single player MMO.
>>
>>338369297
Mindless questing is relaxing. The game had a good atmosphere
>>
>>338368596
It was shit.
>>
>>338368596
Because despite the cool concept and action-oriented gameplay, the game itself was uninspired and pretty bland.
>>
>>338368870
Almost...you forgot the part where you bankrupt the studio and defraud the state of Rhode Island
>>
Now here's a game that actually would've benefit from level scaling.
>>
>>338369594
autism speaks
>>
>>338368596
It's fun but it's not a must finish game.
Get a bit strong, do the dlc and you can uninstall it really.
>>
>>338369297
Simply put it was comfy

I'd say the art style was a little more attractive than WOW, character model wize and I appreciated the use of bright vivid colors in contrast to the later darker parts.

The story is shit and uningaging, like one second you're fetch questing or listening to a fae you don't care about and the next you're fighting a dwarf for some reason. I will say though that alot of the story was shit but I did enjoy a lot of the sidequests.

Combat was fun for me, though only as a mage. This game had the best mage combat of any game I've ever played especially at the end where you're literally a god.
>>
>>338370082
>Simply put it was comfy

anything is comfy to you, you have no standards. so please stop using the word, "comfy" is not something you understand

>duhh this awful cartoony failed single player mmo is "comfy"

fucking diametric opposite of comfy. Journey is comfy. Not fucking kingdoms of amalur.
>>
a higher difficulty and proper xp scaling could have helped this game so much. it was way too easy to reach level cap and be stupid over powered half way in making everything even more boring and OK than it already was. it fucking sucks that doing extra content screwed you up like that.
>>
>>338368596
Damn i had so much fun with this. The ending was bland though
>>
It's okay. Sometimes a single-player MMO can feel refreshing. Other times it can feel like a single-player MMO.
>>
>>338370149
>I don't like it therefore i'll voice my anger at the wind on an anonymous pedo imageboard

Beside the fact that nobody cares, wouldn't your life benefit better from, i don't know, a jog? Some icecream with friends?
>>
>>338370646
if you want a single player mmo just play guild wars 2
>>
File: image.jpg (434 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434 KB, 1920x1080
>>338369674
>defraud the state of Rhode Island
Wait, what? Really?
>>
>>338370082
I had the mage too. The throwing shurikens or what the fuck those weapons were WERE SO MUCH STUPID FUN. Just the sound of the hitting targets have me autism and giggles
>>
>>338370847
*the sound of them hitting targets gave me autism and giggles
>>
>>338370847
Chakrams are damn fun, yeah. I started using great swords and spinning around with them like a madman is great, too. It's also the only game I can think of in which the normal mage staff is fun.
>>
>>338370149
>anything is comfy to you, you have no standards. so please stop using the word, "comfy" is not something you understand

All I can say as that you are a fucking retard.

I like diablo 3 since it's fun with friends in short bursts, same as Dragon's Crown, but if I want to play something comfy i'll play an atmospheric game like Rayman Legends/Warcarft 3
>>
>>338370792
It's pretty well known. Basically 38 Studios took a 50 million dollar loan from the state of Rhode Island, knowing full well that this would not be sufficient to cover development costs...which is fine, no impropriety here. The problem is that they failed to notify the regulators that were issuing the bonds about this issue, greatly understating the risk of the project...which is fraud.

But, since we're dealing with money and business no one went to jail over it. The state just did what they could to claw back the money.

There's actually some cool stuff from Giant Bomb covering all this stuff because they're buddy Rich Gallup worked for 38 Studios. He talks about the state auctioning office furniture and all kinds of shit to try to get their money back.
>>
I had a great time.

Second above mentioned best mage combat
>>
You know, I played this shit right after Dragon's Dogma. So, DD final boss, giant dragon that chases you through ruins in real time, you shoot him with ballistas in real time, and then actually climb up on its chest to stab its heart, also in real time.
Get to last level of Reckoning, and can't hear the waifu character explain the entire plot over enemy soldiers yelling, turn on subtitles, and game prioritizing subbing random enemy yells over character finally giving you the last bits of backstory. Get to giant dragon boss, say, OK, AT LEAST THIS CAN'T SUCK, and then fight pussy little clones of my character in between quick time events to kill dragon. Fucking awful, and coming right off of DD doing a dragon boss perfectly, seemed even worse.
Fuck this game, and fuck Curt Schilling.
>>
>>338372152
>The state just did what they could to claw back the money.

Even with what they made back from the various auctions and shit, tax payers will be paying off that debt for the next 20 years.

http://techraptor.net/content/sec-charges-fraud-in-38-studios-closure
>>
>>338368596
I played it for a bit but it just didn't grab me.

That's not to say I don't like the idea of the story or the style (I'm a big fan of energy blade weapons so your little fist things really did things for me) but I just wasn't interested after you got out of the tomb.

Maybe I'll go back to it some day.
>>
the first area was actually kinda fun. I liked the House of Ballads questline.
>>
>>338368596
because it's shit and the absolute definition of mediocre
>>
dont know where the hate is coming from

i liked it. thought the combat with all the different weapon types felt nicely varied. world was massive

fun was had
>>
>>338368596
RIP THQ
>>
>>338368596
Amalur is what happens when you want to make something big just because but have no original ideas or ambition to go through with it
>>
>>338368596
I bought it for $10 off of amazon. I'd say I got my money out of it from the combat, side-quests, and the general comfiness of it. I don't think I'll ever finish it though
>>
>>338372152
as someone who lives in rhode island whose tax dollars funded that shit it was pretty lame

...not that any of that money would have been used to improve anything anyway
>>
because it's fucking boring
>>
>>338374276
>shit
>absolute definition of mediocre
ITS 2/10 BECAUSE ITS 5/10
completely agree its the king of 5/10 games but what the fuck is your statement.
>>
I enjoyed it. It had flaws, the story petered out and the gameplay got repetitive, but exploring the zones was always fun and my character always felt like a powerful force.

anyone unable to accept that someone else likes a game you personally dislike is an autist and literally in denial over reality.
>>
>>338369689
No, some people are just plain boring.
>>
>>338368596
I loved the shit out of this game. 100%ed it twice, once on hard and once on normal. It was a single-player WoW, but that is exactly what I wanted. Are there any other PC games like this that are basically a single-player WoW or Maplestory?
>>
>>338374681
I always wondered what impact Amalur had on islanders.

Was there a noticeable tax increase that coincided with the loan? Did the governor give any reason genuine or bullshit?

Is Kurt Shilling now "shoot on sight" in RI?
>>
>>338368596
Because it was boring single player MMO garbage with shit characters and a fanfiction-tier story.
>>
>>338375662
I still like Curt, bloody sock is legend Holmes.

I put the blame more on the guy in charge of the loan approval, who was the father of a friend of mine. I don't even see him in public ever anymore, nigga went underground.
>>
I wanted to like it, wasn't too fussed about the single-player mmo bit.

>Horrificly low FoV and all available mods just create a fisheye effect
>Had a magic based character, enter DLC land and become mighty, leave DLC land and get shit stomped back-to-back as base game magic is not enough to save your squishy ass

Gave up after that. If you are going to make a 3rd person view for the love of god don't have your character take up 2/3 of the screen!
>>
>>338375662
it was a fairly big deal when it was happening. there weren't really any noticeable tax increases there was a pretty big shitstorm about how now we couldn't use the money to fix potholes or get school shit or blah blah.

thing is the state is so small that the government is just a network of fuckin corrupt greasy italians and everyone knew they were just yelling and screaming cause they were the ones getting ripped off this time

and as for that dirtbag schilling he pretty much got a pass with most people. people have such a hard on for the redsox here its not even funny. its sad actually. so yeah barely anyone mentions it now
>>
File: xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg (50 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg
50 KB, 355x236
>>338368596
>classic

I am one of the few that thought it was decent, but I would never ever call it a classic.

Darksiders 1 and 2 are leaps and bounds better games.
>>
It's the platonic idea of mediocrity. There's nothing about the game that's really bad but there's nothing really good about it either.

I beat the game when it came out and 2 weeks later couldn't tell you a thing about it even though I thought it was ok
>>
>>338376203
Now Darksiders was a classic

darksiders 3 when?
>>
This might be the easiest game I've ever played that was aimed at a core demographic. I could have liked it if I ever felt challenged.
>>
File: 1439277204829.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1439277204829.gif
879 KB, 245x230
>>338368901
Fair point.
>>
>>338376071
Didn't Curt lode a fuckton of his own money?
>>
>>338376909
When I realized I hadn't needed a health potion for the past 3 hours I took off my armor and used farmers clothing instead.
I still couldn't die.
>>
File: 1285343443161.jpg (47 KB, 304x244) Image search: [Google]
1285343443161.jpg
47 KB, 304x244
This game bombed so hard even the FBI got involved
>>
>>338377068
yeah he ended up having to auction the bloody sock or something. he paid up

i can let the whole thing go with him. i mean it was the state that was so desperate to keep this production in RI because it was gonna do soooo much for us

i just dont like schilling cause of how he acts now. im fine with controversial opinions, but controversial dumb opinions piss me off
>>
I tried to enjoy it and played for like 15+ hours but its so. fucking. boring.
>>
>>338376203
>literally a shitty copy of zelda
>classic

sure buddy, sure.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.