[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Everyone lists ONE videogame company and 1 reason it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1448094359695.jpg (98 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
1448094359695.jpg
98 KB, 600x648
ITT: Everyone lists ONE videogame company and 1 reason it's great and 1 reason it sucks.

I'll start

>CD Projekt Red
>They make expansions well worth the money and really try to do their best
>They're spreading their interest group too thin
>>
>They're spreading their interest group too thin

What did he mean by this?
>>
Vanillaware

Put a lot of effort into their games, and their games always look gorgeous.

Their games feel samey as they're all 2d sidescroller beat em up style
>>
>>338367954
I meant that in the future, I can see them cutting corners because this or other demographic doesn't like a part of the game and quickly going from something for everyone to nothing for no one.
>>
>>338367873
>Access Games
>unique games that either defy the trends or anticipate them years before they go mainstream
>poor production values, sometimes too niche for their own good
>>
>Nintendo
>gave a great childhood to many
>terrible business practices
>>
Overkill
>made the best heist videogame so far
>fucked it up with DLC spam and microtransactions
>>
>GSC Gameworld
>slav magic
>sergei grigorovich
>>
Nihon Falcom
>Really, stupidly good at worldbuilding
>Most of their games don't apply this talent, especially recently, and they're beginning to lose it as a result
>>
File: 1456415603137.jpg (66 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
1456415603137.jpg
66 KB, 800x535
Valve

>Made some good games like HL1/2 and Portal, and make purchasing games online quick and easy
>Are chronic jews, ruined TF2 and CSGO with their money grabbing, STEAM itself is fucked in several ways like the market and greenlight
>>
>>338368570
Have you got the trebuchet one as well? I'll try to find it.
>>
>>338368278
I had over 400 hours in Payday 2 and instantly dropped it when they went full jew. Still get random urges to play but fuck them
>>
From Software:

>they make incredibly atmospheric, gameplay centric worlds to explore

>they never have the right amount of time to complete their games, demons souls is missing it's sixth archstone, dark souls has severe quality issues after anor londo, dark souls 2 had a troubled development and bloodborne has what I would consider troubled development with the chalice dungeon potential content and the disjointed nature of lecture building-the dream areas, even DS3 has the demon ruins and profane capital

Can you imagine a from soft game where they actually have a proper 3-4 year development period?

It would be fucking amazing.

I think bb came the closest at like 2 years and 3 months or something.
>>
>>338369123
I'd lve to see a really long production game from FROM.

Also, I think that BB was made just like the others and they spent the rest of the time twiddling their thumbs.
>>
>>338367873
>Valve
>Lots of hats
>Not enough hats
>>
>>338367873
>Bethesda
>Mod support
>Everything else
>>
>>338367873
Obsidian
>they make good games
>they make some shit ones too
>>
blizzard:
they made world of warcraft
they are continuing to make world of warcraft
>>
>>338370991
>Good games

What? The South Park game? That's it. Every other game they've made is horrible.
>>
>>338371095
no, KOTOR2 and New Vegas are the main ones that stick out to me
>>
>>338368043
>catering to a niche crowd and staying true to your values instead of selling out like a whore is bad for business

/v/tards trying to business
>>
>>338371236
I know it's not bad for the company, they'll make coffers, but I thought /v/ was videogames, not business companies.
>>
>>338367873
Konami
>Helped shaped our childhoods with Castlevania, Gradius, Contra (and the Konami Code), X-Men (the 1992 arcade game), Silent Hill, and so on
>The way they treat their business nowadays
>>
>Squarenix
>made plenty of really great jRPGs about a decade and a half ago
>poured all their money into pet projects that didn't deserve the spotlight
>>
>>338371149
Both of them half finished upon release.
>>
>>338367873
Rockstar
>they made GTAV
>they made GTA online
>>
>>338367873
>Egosoft
>made the best offline space simulator ever
>newest game is still bugged as fuck and they continue to sell DLC instead of fixing shit
>>
Rockstar
>they created RDR
>they created GTA IV
>>
>>338370923
>Everything else
>Implying
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.