[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 general. So how's everyone enjoying Far Harbor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ScreenShot0123743737374354.jpg (131 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0123743737374354.jpg
131 KB, 1600x900
Fallout 4 general.

So how's everyone enjoying Far Harbor? I plan on exhausting all the DLC's before heading to the Nexus to look at mods.

What's everyone's level? What's everyone's loadout? Favorite weapons? Play styles?

I have always gimped myself in all Fallouts by playing on the highest difficulty while also disallowing the use of all chems/drugs and never using Power Armor even when it's available to me. Does anyone else do this sort of thing with their characters? Place restrictions or uphold certain playstyles?

I'm currently mixing up melee/ranged with a tricked out chinese sword, double shot plasma rifle, and my trusty MIRV Big Boy of utter annihilation.
>>
Also if you know of good Fallout 4 mods I should keep in mind please feel free to post them.
>>
I haven't gotten Far Harbor yet but maybe soon

Level 56, Overseer's Guardian, instigating quad-barrel missile launcher with targeting computer (pretty much god mode on survival, if you have all the heavy weapon perks it does 1200 to a full health enemy, x3.5 with stealth). I use Spray n Pray and the Deliverer too.
>>
>>338350395

I never bothered trying to upgrade heavy weapons. That might be a good idea.
>>
>>338349802
fuck you normie
>>
>>338350575
It's great against most of the 'boss' enemies, only issue is it weighs 50 pounds and the targeting computer fucks you over if they're behind cover since the missile takes the shortest path to the enemy and you can't disengage the target for a while. Explosives in general are just very OP, melee builds seem quite difficult if you don't use stealth as well.
>>
File: Todd-Howard-Wallpaper.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Todd-Howard-Wallpaper.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>338349802
I've been enjoying the DLC quite a bit! It has lots of original content in that good old fallout universe and mythos!
>>
>>338349802
Game got boring once I picked up overseer's guardian and maxed out stealth damage. Last I checked I was level 76 and ran around the last quarter of the game in my fully decked out x-01 power armor with 50 fusion cores in stock.

Only time I play now is to usually kill everyone in the institute, solo.
>>
>>338350395
Overseers Guardian is so op. Playing on the hardest difficulty and I still 2-3 shot everything, with sneak it's a one shot kill. By far my favorite since I love DMR weapons in irl, M14 is bae.
>>
>>338349869

the one that shows the dialogue options like the older games
>>
>>338351118
I was at level 50 when I realized I could make the ammo .308, it's frankly ridiculously good, and it helped that I had about 2000 308 rounds because I made my sniper rifle .50 cal at level 25.
>>
>>338349802
Ultrajet with Chemist perk and Ripper. Automatic plasma rifle as backup.
>>
>>338349802
Honestly, as someone who fucking hates this bullshit dumb game and the 5'8" cocksucker who makes them AND the shill bastards like you who try to keep it relevant, Far Harbor is kind of a pleasant surprise.

It shows evidence of effort and maybe even inspiration, both qualities that were wholly absent from the base game. There's a twist near the beginning that kind of fucked my expectations - even deflected some of my criticisms of the lack of roleplaying with the MC (given the concrete backstory).

Far Harbor 7.5/10, because effort. It's shows of developmental skill that always leave me disappointed when Bethesda completely abandons any progress in the next mainline title.

/endblog
>>
>>338351280
As soon as I went to the weapon bench after I bought it, I checked everything to see what gave the best damage. I was around lvl 40 when I leveled up the gun mod perk to change the ammo. Favorite gun but makes the game boring so I use the Deliverer, still op as well but a little bit more fun.
>>
>>338351679
Just wait another 10 years for Fallout 5 New New Orleans anon, it'll be 10x better and Bethesda DEFINITELY will have learnt their lesson by then
>>
>>338349802
All I wanted to do was be a mercenary who gave no fucks about anything but 75% of the game is DUDE YOUR SON LMAO and MUH SYNTHS. I tried to balance doing every possible quest until the factions started getting mad at me basically fucking each of them over every hour or so. Eventually I just chose BoS to kill those railroad faggots and the """""father""""" but I'm curious to know what happens if you choose the other factions. Hell, even with BoS you're forced to act like you actually care about their organization and the way they do things.

>doing the Boston airport quest with the faggot who feeds feral ghouls
>DO NOT DO THAT IT'S AGAINST BOS REGULATIONS
>no option to just tell him he's a fucking retard and ferals are literally subhuman zombies with no higher thought processes
>>
>>338349802
I don't have Far Harbor, but I just picked this back up about a week ago to play survival mode. I couldn't even be bothered to finish the game the first time I played it, but survival has really brought back my interest.
>>
>>338352441
survival mode definitely makes it better
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.