[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you use the most aesthetically pleasing and simple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Why don't you use the most aesthetically pleasing and simple to use emulator around, /v/?
>>
>>338339668
What's this?
>>
>>338339668
>Valkyrie Profile (Disc 1)
Valkyrie Profile only has one disc.
>>
>iTunes ripoff
>>
>>338339793
Need answers
>>
>>338339668
Because you didn't tell us what it was called.
>>
Because you're heavily limiting your individual options and control for the sake of accessibility? Its design philosophy is the definition of diluting to the lcd.
>>
>>338339793
>>338340079
>>338340095
ask a little nicer ;)
>>
>>338339668
>>338339793
>>338340079
>Why don't you use the most aesthetically pleasing and simple to use emulator around?
Because no one knows what the fuck this shit is
>>
>Mac
>Using dumbed-down emulators with fewer options/features because "muh aesthetics" when you're not even going to be looking at the emulator once you're actually playing a game

Faget
>>
>>338339668
Looks like Mac
>looks like shit
>>
>>338339793
it's openemu
>>
I played through Final Fantasy DoS the other day. It is enemy PTSD the game.
>>
It's OpenEmu, it's the best emulator around if you have a Mac
>>
File: launchbox.png (2 MB, 1920x1039) Image search: [Google]
launchbox.png
2 MB, 1920x1039
>>338340079
>>338339793
I believe its Launchbox.Its not an emulator but really an emulator frontend. Also, while I like it, I don't recommend putting PS1 games on it because its a pain in the ass to get to work properly due to PS1 games oftentimes being multi-disc and/or using .cue files. Anything else is fine though. Pic related is the result of me attempting to put PS1 games on it.
>>
>>338339668
Because "Aesthetics" and "Ease of use" aren't things I look for in an emulator.

Emulation is #1. Number of titles it supports, and how good it is at running those titles. Nothing else really matters. It could be a CLI for all I care.
>>
>>338340354
Oh wait nevermind. Its OpenEmu. They look similar.
>>
File: 1418511390488.jpg (249 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1418511390488.jpg
249 KB, 1280x720
>>338339668
Because I'd have to run it on an OS with little to no other significant software support.

>it has photoshop and word!
so does my tablet.

If you do actual cool shit with a computer, you get a PC with windows and linux dual booting.

If you like shiny play toys and can't troubleshoot, you pay 1.5-2x more for a mac.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.