[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, PC fats, have you picked up Salt and Sanctuary yet? How are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
So, PC fats, have you picked up Salt and Sanctuary yet? How are you liking it. I've beaten The Third Lamb and have made it to The Tree of Men. Game is slow going because I'm bad and I think I'm overleveled for the area I'm in. Any place is better than the Dome of the Forgotten though, jesus fuck christ.

Also to the PS4 guys, how'd you like the game when it came out?
>>
>>338318729
I like it so far. It borrows alot from dark souls, but i also feel it does somethings better. For instance, having trinkets or whatever their called that you can attach to weapons, setting up shrines with NPCs the way you want, and the skill tree just to name a few.

just killed Disemboweled Husk at around 6 hours in. Most bosses have taken 2-4 tries, and it doesnt feel like artificial difficulty.

Only thing I don't like is the some of the character/npc art, but it doesnt affect the game. I think it could use a map as well, but its not really needed.
>>
the mobs level up with you?
>>
>>338319449
I don't think they do? doesn't feel like it, but cant confirm
>>
>>338319449
No, not that I know of.

>>338319360
I have not fought the Husk, and I'm definitely more than 6 hours in though part of that is a lot of grinding / backtracking and part of it is just being bad. What area is it in? I'd hate to have missed it.

The trinkets are cool, but it's such a weird system where you have to choose between side arm, two handing, shield, trinket, ammo for the side arm, etc. Very bizarre, I don't think I like it.

Skill tree though, I do like somewhat, though it's weird using one in a game like this. Sort of the difference between Diablo 2 and Path of Exile. If I had one criticism though it's the lack of tier-0 holy or arcane magic (to my knowledge)

But I've got a level in Cleric so it's mostly all good.
>>
>>338319778
Hes in Hager's Cavern, an NPC says you should go there before entering the ziggurat. I haven't fought the Third Lamb though. Seems like there are alot of side areas that you can complete before going back on the "main" road
>>
>>338318729
So is this game worthy of its price?
>>
>>338318729
Yeah because that's what I want... a souls rip off with no... soul.
>>
>>338320152
Hager's Cavern? The Zigguratt? I haven't been to either of those places, though I haven't talked to the NPCs much either. I must be missing some very large chunks, but I'll look out for them next time

If you haven't fought the lamb yet, that is probably a good thing, because I think my weapon was very under upgraded when I did fight him, and had to use a very good amount of Stained Pages to get enough DPS, and even then only beat it by the skin of my teeth, on 10% health, with no healing items left, after a dozen or so tries. This was at level 50 as well.

>>338320464
I'm not sure. I pirated it, IGG, 1.0.0.3. It's ~20 dollars and, considering you can pick the real Dark Souls up for cheaper on a good day, not sure it's worth it.
>>
>>338320464
for $20, definitely.
>>
>>338320680
shill
>>
>>338320464
Also just to clarify what I said >>338320653
It's not that it's not worth $20, because it is a good game. But if I had paid $20 for it, I'd probably have refunded it because it really beat my ass around at first, and there's a lot of unintuitive and frustrating things about it.

But once you get into the groove, it's very engrossing.
>>
File: 1463772921464.gif (495 KB, 194x172) Image search: [Google]
1463772921464.gif
495 KB, 194x172
>>338320801
sorry pham, i like the game and think it worth what they are asking
>>
i like it, i play it too much like a casual beat em up and end up dying alot because of it

>>338319360
>setting up shrines with NPCs the way you want

is there a way to get rid of an npc, ive just been offering up statues or w/e as i got them at the first shrine and now its full
>>
>>338320960
No, you can't get rid of them but if you have a guide in it you can go between Sanctuaries that have Guides, and set up the other vendors you want in a different one.

A little bit of added Hassle but not a big deal.
>>
>>338320960
I haven't found a way to kick out NPCs yet, and don't think there is one. Kinda sucks. Its best to save a slot in each shrine so you can put a guide there to fast travel
>>
>>338321115
>>338321209
aight, sounds reasonable enough
>>
File: stomp the salt.jpg (228 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
stomp the salt.jpg
228 KB, 1680x1050
Didn't like it initially but it's getting better. There's a lot to like and hate but overall the game's just okay. I just got the Dart Brand from the Ziggurat of Dust.

If you're planning to play this game be sure to draw up a map of how every area connects to each other. You'll have a much easier time figuring out the where everything is since the game doesn't have a map of any kind.
>>
>edgy maplestory graphics
>dodge attacks moving in one of two directions
>wonky hitboxes
>derivative as fuck designs
People want to shit on Nioh because its so close to DaS but this is just cut and pasted indie DaS
>>
>>338321970
you know, i might actually just draw up my own as i go, sounds like it would be fun
>>
>>338322063
no ones hatting on nioh in this thread.
>>
>>338322505
Since I can't unsee what I've seen I took the liberty of charting out my travels. The yellow line, where I've been and where I am, with the Star being stuck at The Tree of Men. The big blue blob, the early game areas I somehow skipped with little repercussion.
>>
>>338323132
the entrance to hagers cave is just a few feet after the tree of men if i remember correctly
>>
>>338323493
Ah, I see, I thought there might have been a branching path to get to 9-10-11 after the sunken keep, same how you can get to 13 after 7 and a small part of 15 while in 8
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.