[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>80% of gameplay is climbing same shit >93% on metacritic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: Cb8dGmZUUAABjOk-ed.jpg (817 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Cb8dGmZUUAABjOk-ed.jpg
817 KB, 1600x900
>80% of gameplay is climbing same shit
>93% on metacritic

what a great time to be alive
>>
I almost bought it today.
Maybe tomorrow.
>>
Shut up faget! It explores the deep and meaningful relationships between Nate and his family and friends. Gameplay is secondary to the emotional tale it weaves about a modern day Indiana Jones!
>>
>>338317564

This criticism can be applied to anything, not just videogames either.
>>
>>338318228
constantly climbing shit is truly a universal theme of existence.
>>
File: 1450304385238.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1450304385238.png
901 KB, 690x460
>push X to jump
>repeat it for next 30 minutes
>kill 10 enemies
>cut scene
>game of the year
>>
>>338318960
>press post to shitpost
>repeat it for next 30 minutes
>kill braincells enemies
>suicide attempt
>faggot of the year
well done
>>
>>338317564
That's fine because the gunplay is the worst in the series. The mechanics suck dick.
>>
I never got whats so special about these games. Is it just graphics and story? Because the gameplay itself really does nothing other 3rd person action games have done better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXaXz-0fWkI

>Critical doesn't like parts of the game and makes a video about it
>People get mad at him because he didn't enjoy bringing a bowl of fruit loops to his wife
I don't get this kind of mentality. Call me a fanboy of him but I fucking hate people defending shitty games and overreacting when people say it's shitty.
>>
It has a strong independent black woman and in 2016 that makes it a 10/10 game deal with it
>>
File: youkittenme.gif (1 MB, 257x200) Image search: [Google]
youkittenme.gif
1 MB, 257x200
>>338317564
I see you like over simplification-styled bait, op. I do too. Here's some for (You):
>Stupid, simple words from a stupid, simple person.

What a great time to be alive!
>>
>>338320529
He is right thought I spend 9 hours mostly climbing and slow walking
>>
>>338317564
Just finished it last night
Game play was meh but I was fully immersed in the story
Many many feels
I gasped often when I almost fell to my death on a regular basis
Idk about goty but was far better than these faggot /v/irgins make it out to be
>>
>>338321832
This, basically. You'll get more about of it if you like the MP, but I didn't and the higher difficulties don't add much to the game. I enjoyed it, but I didn't see myself ever replying it and didn't like the MP so I traded it in. Damn beautiful game.
>>
>>338319471
Found the sonygger. Just admit that your game is a fucking movie plagued by qte. Story alone is never enough. This is why uncharted and tlou will remain meme tier.
>>
>>338322068
Honestly didn't even try the mp cause I figured it would be shit
I wanted it for the story & it definitely met expectations. Exceeded them in some chapters
If I wanted a fps or action game I'd play something else
>>
>>338322817
You could've watched it on YouTube for free you dumbass
>>
tBh its 7/10 but it gonna won best game of the year prizes because its selling consoles
>>
File: fregg.jpg (22 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
22 KB, 446x362
>Assassin's Creed
>Dying Light
>D44M
>Uncharted 4
Is climbcore the new open world?
>>
Come on the car chase scene was great. I watched it on Youtube and that clearly justifies the good Metacritic score.
>>
>>338317564
it really is boring as shit, and i didn't like the inclusion of the brother. sully is way cooler than that faggot.

i liked the end though.
>>
File: 1458916495642.jpg (418 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1458916495642.jpg
418 KB, 1536x2048
>decent game gets completely overhyped by the general public and dissenters are sent to Internet Gulags by hyper-defensive twelve-year olds and queers

What's her name?
>>
>why people saying its good

you are paying for new console and after 3 years you dont have any good exclusives so you are desperated to find 10/10 games even if they are mediocore
>>
>>338323389
Was worth every penny
Eat nigger shit
>>
>see so much praise for Uncharted series all over gaming sites (except /v/ of course)
>have PS4 and get UC1-3
>literally the most boring shit I've ever played in my life
>"BUT THE GRAPHICS"
Seen better on my laptop in 07 from Crysis

>"BUT THE STORY"
Literally Indiana Jones with a Pixar twist

Can someone explain to me why this series is so heavily regarded besides the two above terrible claims?
>>
>>338324047

undertale
>>
>>338324231
The reception is positive for two reasons:

1. Great graphics/animation/art
2. Console exclusive

That's pretty much it. Who cares if it's not even fun to play. Who cares if you're bored to death while playing through it.
>>
>>338324047
Bioshock Infinite
>>
>>338320105
its a story driven graphically bombastic third person shooter that is extremely easy to understand and digest.

if there was a checklist of definitive things you have to include in order to get high reviews from reviewers with shitty taste, this game would get like 99% of the checkmarks.
>>
>>338317564
It's like an 8/10

Bloodborne is still the best game on the console and U4 doesn't hold a candle to that game
>>
>>338317564
Man you're butthurt huh OP?
>>
>>338320395
hope this vid gets more attention
>>
>>338320105
>I never got whats so special about these games.

What game can I play as a modern day treasure hunter exploring multiple fully fleshed out environments and bimoes while retracing the steps of ancient pirates and slowly discovering their secrets?

It must have explosions, gunplay, action segements, puzzles, platforming and a rope mechanic instead of standard 'press w' levels of exploration, it must have good level design with lots of climbing, platforming and verticality and also have a cer mechanic, really strong characters, VA, animations tech and must be visually stunning with multiple fully realized open ended areas to explore and it must focus on great art direction instead of realisim.
>>
>>338317564
So why does The Witcher 3 get a pass but this gets shit on by /v/? I don't even own any consoles but seriously playing through the Witcher 3 right now and the gameplay is just plain shit.
>>
>>338326213
Polack shills, basically.
>>
File: tmp_22959-18 - Ay6Puq5659406459.jpg (4 MB, 3440x1551) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22959-18 - Ay6Puq5659406459.jpg
4 MB, 3440x1551
>>338326213
Because in Witcher you jave choices and stat building at least. Uncharted is just a shiny turd
>>
do you want something to go with your grapes?
>>
GOD FUCCKING DAMMIT WHY IS NATHAN SO HOT I WANT TO BUY THIS GAME JUST TO MASTURBATE TO HIS CHEST HAIR THAT IS ALWAYS PEEKING OUT OMGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>338317619
Don't buy it at all just rent this shit off redbox or buy Doom instead.
>>
>>338324047
Black Flag
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.