[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is League of Legends pay 2 win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: league of dota.png (916 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
league of dota.png
916 KB, 1360x768
Is League of Legends pay 2 win?
>>
no all the heroes within a role are exactly the same so there isn't that whole drafting aspect to it like in dota. Just remember that anyone who tells you any different is trying to justify their purchases.
>>
>>338313310
If you start now, yes.
If you started in 2010- early 2012, no.
>>
>>338313310
Nope, you can get everything for free if you keep playing, you can even get skins and champions for free more easily with that new crate system.
Granted you can buy champions with real money, but it won't do you any good if you're still shit at the game.
>>
>>338314781
So champions don't have counter champions?
>>
>>338313310
>b-but muh free!

>newest expenive heroes shit all over old ones

p2w it is famps

Also why are you playing league it's 2016
>>
>>338314980
There are light counters, but nothing anywhere near dota2 level. I can only think of a couple of instances where one champion has no chance against another.
>>
>>338313560
they do the same "job"

but there's always 2-3 heroes who dumpster the rest of the cast because they do slightly more damage/have more range/cc etc
>>
Literally /v/'s arguments that this game is p2w are retarded

>you can buy XP boosts!
You're now level 30 and can play ranked with a level 20's skill level, congrats!

>you can pay to buy champs and that gives you a knowledge advantage over opponents!
And you can look them up online and, guess what, you'll still suck without actually playing games. Oh, and ten champions are available free every week for the exact same purpose
>Y-You can pay for IP Boost and buy Runes using them!
Tier 2 runes are literally free at this point and are 3/4ths the quality of tier 3. And literally no one new to the game is going to spend the amount of IP on this when they can just buy 10 champs for the price. And they still won't know what runes are optimal each patch for each champ
>>
>>338315097
I heard in the early days that it took months of grinding to unlock only a handful of heroes. was I being fed shit?
>>
>>338315336
I only started in season 2, but yeah the lowest cost champions (no weaker than the others, mostly just older) took 4-8 games to earn.
>>
>>338314980
Yeah, there aren't hard counters or anything like that. Even if the matchup is not in your favor, you can still win with smart play and care.
>>
>>338315336
I had like 2000 hours before I deleted my account and I was still missing like 30 dudes

Also they've actually nerfed the money you get to buy characters, you used to get like 100-170 back in the day and now you get like 50-110 per game
>>
>>338313310
yes it's pay 2 win, but you can unlock them eventually.

smite's 10x better than league though, especially their unlock system.

i'd say the ranking goes:
>dota > smite >LoL >>>>>> HotS
>>
Regardless of all this, the game is not as deep or satisfying as Dota.

It's mechanically weak, the map is small and gameplay boils down to catching people with flash on cd or flashing and nuking someone to death or flash away from someone else. Characters snowball out of control like no other game in the genre.
>>
>>338314781

but anon, that is p2w
>>
>>338317090

How so? The game lets you have all the gameplay aspects for free. It is only the cosmetics that need money.
>>
>>338315336
you weren't, I played since it came out and the amount of time you had to spend was absolutely stupid, not to mention that everyone just pretty much stocked up on IP for when the new champion came out so they could buy it and abuse it because Riot can't balance their game even if the fucking lives depended on it
>>
>>338317090
From my understanding, the game would be p2w if you were forced to buy the champions with irl money, or if you had to pay for the base game, or if there were micro transactions that gave you a very huge advantage, like buying items in-game with irl money. It has none of that.
The only arguments people bring out about this is that you have to buy runes (which you can get for free at this point), and that you need all the champions to play ranked or you're at a disadvantage, which is dumb since you can climb the ladder with only a handful of champs, or even with only one, ever heard the term one-trick pony?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.