[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is wrong with the shooting mechanics in this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 32
File: uncharted1.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uncharted1.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
What the fuck is wrong with the shooting mechanics in this game? Why did they go out of their way to make this "blockbuster action game" have bullshit random spray patterns.
>Bullets go everywhere when shooting
>Can't move gun at all when shooting or for a shot time after releasing the trigger
>Aim is shaken every time you're shot
>Enemies are either always under cover, or always flanking
>Cover is almost always destructible meaning you can't stay behind it anyway
>Bullet's are still teleportation based rather than projectile based, so you can't evade fire by running
>All of this combined makes the combat encounters a fucking pain in the ass because you're encouraged not to take cover, you're encouraged not to run, you're encouraged not to aim, and you're encouraged not to shoot.
What the fuck did they want players to do in this game during combat?

The only thing that fucking works well is the stealth, but that's fucking dumb because this is fucking Uncharted, not The Last of Us 2. Even melee combat is useless now as there's not really any way to avoid taking hits. There's only hold breaks.
>>
>>338305716
I don't see the problem
>>
>>338305891
The problem is that they actively discourage you from using every single combat mechanic. So what the fuck are you supposed to use?
>>
>>338305716

congrats, you've just stepped out of the hugbox that most cod like shooters nursed you on with pinpoint accuracy, shooting a real rifle is not like clicking on things recoil is a bitch, welcome to the world of how actual guns work, learn some trigger control and get gud
>>
>>338306752
Yeah, I get that, and I get that some people like their gunplay to be realistic, but this is fucking Uncharted, a series where you shoot a bullet at a car and it explodes. This is not the series to inject realistic gun mechanics. If anything they should have made the gunplay more over the top.
>>
>>338306097
Your gun. It's not like this is some hyper realistic Sim or something, it's just Uncharted. Have you never played uncharted before?

I also find it odd how you complain about hitscan and recoil in the same breath.
>>
>>338306752
Also trigger control doesn't help when there's aiming movement deadzones, and every enemy is either playing wack-a-mole or running and dancing around at sonic speeds.

>>338306951
I've played the other 4 Uncharted games 4+ times each (except Golden Abyss, only played that one twice), and they all had perfectly fine gunplay for the franchise. This game just tried to make it really fucking "real" for some reason.
>>
>>338307212
Oh I understand your point a bit more now. I think you just have to get used to it. It doesn't feel realistic, just kind of different. Im not sure if you remember but they tried the same thing with Uncharted 3 as well. Are you playing the multi-player?
>>
>>338307212

trigger control certainly does, it's what keeps the gun from going everywhere, don't squeeze the trigger fan it, if the crosshair is centered you'll control the bounce so the recoil becomes negligible and all the shots hit, if they are running then lead your shots. as for deadzones it's not a problem for me so just keep practicing you'll get it.
>>
File: 1365359524834 (2).jpg (137 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
1365359524834 (2).jpg
137 KB, 323x454
>x to change viewpoint instead of r3
>>
>>338307548
I do exactly that. I've already beat the game on moderate, and I'm playing on Crushing now, and I've been been tweaking the auto aim and aiming sensitivity since I first started, and not a single setting feels smooth. It all feels sticky and sluggish. Hell, even when I'm not pulling the trigger at all, the retacle doesn't move right. It's either moving too slow, or too fast, or not at all.

Regardless of whether I fan the trigger or hold it, move the stick slightly or forcefully, it just doesn't go where I want it to when I want it to like it did in Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and GA.
>>
>tfw the whole team summons medics and heavies
>end up doing laps around the map
>win 5/40
>>
File: 1440071364872.png (193 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1440071364872.png
193 KB, 680x680
>>338305716
You forgot the worst part:

They added the cool rope mechanic, but the moment you get out of cover you get killed in three hits, so the whole game plays like a standard third person shooter.

Fuck Naughty Dog.
>>
>>338307610
>R1 to throw grenades instead of reload
>Can't throw back grenades anymore

I think I only ever intentionally threw one grenade, and that's because I never had any, because I always threw them accidentally instead of reloading.

I REALLY wish there was a way to change the button layout. I will never get used to that. Never.
>>
>>338308037
>playing any Uncharted on anything higher than Normal difficulty
It's like you want to have a bad time.
>>
I actually like how stupidly inaccurate Uncharted gunplay is.

It gives it a very spray and pray feel, you're not really supposed to be lining up headshots, also blindfire is great in this game.
>>
Ditch the Para and AK47 and the problems solve themselves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUd9ue_4lXo

1 0 / 1 0
/
>>
If you ask the hardcore sonyfags it's the best game they ever played. In reality the core gameplay in Uncharted 4 is the worst in the series. It's a chest high wall shooter without good shooting. The sealth also really fucking blows.

>Your a PCcuck

I'm a sony pony and unironically think Uncharted 2 is the best game ever made.
>>
>>338308854
It's annoying, but I beat the first three on Brutal.

I found Moderate on U4 to be more frustrating than Brutal, not because Brutal in the other games is easy, but at least in those games the guns shot where you pointed them. This game isn't as "difficult", it's just more frustrating because things don't work like they should.

>>338308978
Almost all the guns look the same in this game, which is another issue all it's own.
>>
>>338308289
just play on moderate or only swing around when nobody's looking
>>
>>338309109
I like Uncharted 4 a lot, but I agree with this. The best moments in the game were all the parts where you're just walking around exploring.

The rope was fun, and a good idea, but they didn't utilize it very well. There's so much more they could have done with it.
>>
File: 640[1].jpg (34 KB, 640x454) Image search: [Google]
640[1].jpg
34 KB, 640x454
>reload the Para .45
>the sound the slide makes

Why can't other games have such great weapon sounds?
>>
>>338309375
>There's so much more they could have done with it.
like what? Most of the climbing sections involved multiple uses of the rope, and there were parts where you pulled things around with it
>>
>>338309375
Biggest problem I had with the game was the lack of exciting set pieces the series is known for. Outside of the handful already shown in trailers, the game was essentially TLoU2 with too many cutscenes at the start and fucking wheeled crate "puzzles" everywhere.
>>
>>338309375
Don't get me wrong, the exploration parts are amazing and they elevate the game. Exploring libertalia was so awesome (I just wish you did it with Sully or Elena, Sam is the worst character ever).The hook i useless on hard and crushing, soon as you swing on it the AI will take you down to critical health.

If your gonna try and say Uncharted 4 has good gunplay then you are either in to deep in Sonys ass or you don't play many games. RotTR has such good gameplay (shame the plot blows). Even Uncharted 4 story is kinda retread, Uncharted 3 covered Elena's and Drake relationship then we get to do the same thing in part 4 all over again.
>>
>>338309636
Maybe more sections where you jump from one rope to another. I don't know

>>338309702
This. I blame Druckman for hijacking the franchise from Amy Hennig. I think it's pretty clear that she was the one who actually understood the Uncharted formula. Druckman is the one who's "too mature" for Donut Drake, and probably "too mature" for fun action setpieces.
>>
File: Uncharted 4 rope.webm (3 MB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted 4 rope.webm
3 MB, 640x320
wee
>>
>>338309702
The fact that they showed off the vehicle chase at E3 bums me the fuck out.

It's easily the best set piece in U4 and probably my favourite moment in the franchise period. It's a fucking technical marvel and unlike most other set pieces I couldn't tell what was me playing and what was pre-baked.

So of course they use it to sell the game and fucking spoil it.
>>
I'm not sure how I feel about the game honestly, There isn't as much combat as the others, especially the first few chapters. No supernatural bullshit, gunplay feels wonky, and Sam is just thrown in there out of fucking nowhere ( I know this was a thing with the characters in all the games but if Nate had a brother there should have been something said in a previous game or went a different route. Just seems like bad writing.)
>>
>>338309998
before U4 came out everyone was claiming it would be shit because people were tired of the simple linear-action-setpiece formula. Now that the game has been released and it turns out to be more open, people like you come out and say they want the focus on linear setpieces back
>>
>>338309998
>tfw every new ND game will be a super serious character drama.
I just wanted Uncharted to be fun. I didn't want a sad washed up Nate reluctantly chasing down treasure he doesn't even want any more because he's "grown out of" treasure hunting.

If you're going to make a serious like Uncharted suddenly become serious, than maybe they should have had a scene where Drake explains to Cassie why daddy and mommy have both killed hundreds, maybe thousands of people in order to find lost cities. They just glossed over that part.
>>
>>338310583
There's nothing wrong with the game being open. I don't have an issue with that, but the setpieces were always a huge part of the series, and when they were done correctly they were great.
>>
>>338310171
Go back to funnyjunk faggot
>>
>>338305716
>wrong
Kill yourself.
>>
Uncharted 4 is alright, but it feels a hell of a lot more like "The Last of Us: Adventure Mode" or something.

Where's the mystical, supernatural twist? Why is there so much forced drama? Why are there so many quiet moments where you're just walking and looking at things? Why does Nate no longer act like an action movie hero?

I was actually surprised they retcot the fact that Nate found El Derado, Shambala, and Iram of the Pillars, since those seem too silly and unbelievable for the super serious tone Uncharted 4 was trying for.
>>
>>338310928
that's a new one
>>
>>338308037

You shouldn't expect good shooting mechanics on a console, to be honest. If the experience feels "smooth" then it's probably because the aim assist is playing for you.
>>
>>338311568
**surprised by the fact that they didn't retcon**
>>
>>338311568
>I was actually surprised they retcot the fact that Nate found El Derado, Shambala, and Iram of the Pillars, since those seem too silly and unbelievable for the super serious tone Uncharted 4 was trying for.
They got mentioned a couple times, what else were they going to do with them?
>>
Uncharted used to feel a lot more like an arcade game than it does now.
>>
>>338311820
Sorry, read
>>338311701
I was surprised they mentioned them at all.
>>
>>338305716
GIT GUD
>>
>>338305716
it´s a lot better than Uncharted 3.

really, fuck Uncharted 3, at the time I though it was a 8/10, but it´s really a 6/10 game.

Uncharted 4 is 8/10, plays better, has a better story is pretty and overall better in everything, my only issues were the pacing, weird pacing, I was begging for the shotouts to finish so I could see the next cutscene already.

the rope was a good idea but implemented in a rather retarded way

> I need to bring you up three meters? let me go grab a huge ass boulder the other side of the map instead of using the damn rope I carry all the time.

a better sequel to Uncharted 2 at least, I would rather just forget that 3 existed at all.
>>
Why are the multi-player maps so damn terrible? Uncharted 2+3 map update when?
>>
>>338312260
Funny enough, Golden Abyss is better than both 3 and 4, and is the second best after 2. I don't know why they didn't include it in the collection.
>>
>>338310578
I beat it 2x now and I think it's just as good as Uncharted 2, just in different ways
>>
>>338311976
Yeah didn't see until after I posted. No idea why they didn't have some crazy shit like a ghost ship with a crew of dead pirates to fight or something. It just feels like a huge letdown. Why change the formula on the 4th and last game?
>>
>>338312424
>Golden Abyss
>Good
>>
>>338311568
I didn't have a problem with there being no supernatural things. It always seemed weird to me that the games were semi-realistic treasure hunts that suddenly had Zombies/Avatar/Genies out of nowhere. Was nice to get a bit of history about the pirates.
Having swordfights with all the pirate captains would be a cool idea for boss fights, mind
>>
>>338312582
I bought a Vita last week to play this game. It better not be shit because this is already the worst gaming purchase I've made in about a decade.
>>
>>338312260
Why does everyone hate Uncharted 3 so much?

It was just more Uncharted 2, but with a focus on Nathan and Sully's 'ship, which made the story way more enjoyable.

People mostly seem disappointed that it wasn't as big of a leap as 2 was, which seems like an overly harsh thing to hold against it.
>>
>>338312665
Nah, I don't know what he's on about. If you like Uncharted, then you'll like Golden Abyss. It's good.
>>
>>338312424
Because golden abyss was to show off vitas features which would be too hard or impossible to have on ps4 like the hold the vita to a light source to see the picture.

>>338312434
I dunno, maybe I need another play through to appreciate it but it seems like they cared more about the setpieces than literally everything else.
>>
>>338312720
What I hated about U3 is that they designed the setpieces first and then threw the story on afterwards, so it all kind of seems disjointed and badly paced.
Also the drug sequence and walking around the desert weren't really needed.
>>
>>338312720
For me, the reason I don't like it as much is because.
1. The gunplay is worse. They added big filled in aiming reticles for some reason, blocking your view of what you're shooting at. It's annoying.
2. Characters like Chloe and Cutter are dropped out of the story, rather unsatisfyingly.
3. There are several scenes which are never explained, like the agent in the chateau who had been dead for hundreds of years, or Talbot's ability to vanish and survive being shot. Or why Talbot put a tarot card in Cutters coat pocket.
5. The pacing could have been a lot better
6. The ending with sully getting shot felt like drama that was incredibly forced. It might have been good if they had the balls to go through with it, but nope, they reveal not 10 minutes later that "It was just a bad trip bro".

Overall, Uncharted 3 is good, but it was clearly more rushed than 2 was, and the story wasn't put together nearly as well.
>>
>>338312720
I think people were really hyped and had high expectations after how good 2 was. It wasn't that 3 was bad but it just didn't live up to the hype.

Also this >>338313090
>>
>>338305716
This is the reason Anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls_CD4mB42s
>>
>>338311820
>>338311976
I really liked the last part of the epilogue where Nate is explaining the cursed statue from Uncharted 1 to his daughter and they are nostalgically telling her about their old life of treasure hunting. They say she's old enough to know about it now because she's older than Nate was when he "started." It's funny because "treasure hunting" in this game basically means free-climbing around, trespassing, solving puzzles and fighting everyone in your way.
>>
>>338308289
>play easiest setting
>enable bullet time
>swing around disturbing headshoots without getting hit
>wish there is some kind of Superhot like view replay mechanic that shows everything in real time
ND fucked up there..
>>
>>338313692
And also ironically at the ending we learn if you have a bit of paper, doing what they were previously doing is now legal and won't get you shot to death.
>>
>>338313672
TOP KEK
>>
>>338313090
> uncharted is a game that imitates the experience of a movie

> that 20 minute sequence of walking on a desert doing nothing

> that clusterfuck of a story

> that broken ass gameplay on the first weeks

> that bait and switch at the end with sully

I mean, if you make the cinematic stuff the selling point of your game, at least don´t fuck up the story, the story in U3 was JUST in every single conceivable way possible, I mean, the gameplay was fun at parts, but I couldn´t help but be mad when the whole thing ended and was mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>338313025
>I dunno, maybe I need another play through to appreciate it but it seems like they cared more about the setpieces than literally everything else.

in Uncharted 4? Not really. There were only a few setpieces in the whole game, the biggest being the Sam Pursuit part they showed at E3

in Uncharted 2? Definitely. The main thing people complain about with this game is that it is too linear with too many action setpieces and not enough player freedom
>>
I played on Hard and it really was fucking annoying that the difficulty more or less disables multiple key features that make the combat at all fun. I want to run and gun, I want to combo shooting a guy into the special melee, I want to jump from high up to elbow drop a guy even if it means abandoning my cover, and I want to shoot while swinging or purposefully leap over a bottomless pit and grapple swing into an elbow drop against enemies.

But that shit just does not work with any level of consistency.
>>
File: drop attack.webm (3 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
drop attack.webm
3 MB, 500x280
>>338314327
either be patient and at least a little stealthy or switch it to moderate. I drop attack people all the time and stay in stealth mode. Even on hard mode you can take out like 3 guys right next to eachother by blindfiring each with one bullet then mashing square for a one hit melee KO on each of them.

most encounters you can easily lose the enemy just by running out of their line of sight and then climbing away on something until the dramatic music dies down
>>
>>338313986
I think the main difference is that the 'bad guys' don't want to get their hands on shit that has been Offizial approved.. also hunting treasures that only have historical value and not some fucked up magic shit helps.

But he should have mentioned: "Yeah and then i killed like 200 Asian People and the KKK invited me to become their new leader"
>>
Still can't get over how poorly U4 was paced.

It was like they wanted to make a movie, but they didn't want to be harassed over it, so they put most of the genuine gameplay at the very end.

All I see are people praising U4 for "taking its time" but I thought the pace of the game was pretty garbage. I actually loved chapter 4 but holy fuck
boat chase>orphanage flashback>prison flashback>OPENING CREDITS LOL was too damn much.
>>
>>338313672
Nice interview, OP.
>>
>>338315089
only the beginning was really slow. I thought the best combat encounters were in Scotland, Madagascar, and Libertalia, but all the others were pretty close except the elevator one. Generally the good combat encounters were all pretty well spaced out except for in the beginning of the game
>>
>>338315089
Everything before Chapter 8 is such a write-off. It's either cutscenes, walking or maybe a tutorial if you're lucky.
>>
>>338315089
Jeah the intro was kinda messed up by pulling the U2 and the U3 Intro at the same time.
What i don't get is peoples pacing issues in the later parts like 'hurr durr act 3 is to long'. I like how the game takes its time when you reach the island and that you don't shoot people every 5 Minutes like in every other Uncharted, one of my Favorite moments was strolling around in Libertalia's Commercial District, having some interactions with Sam and just taking it in.
>>
I struggled with the combat and shooting for a while too, and seeing as how there's so little combat I only really got gud towards the end.

Sort of miss Amy Hennig, desu.
>>
File: Brent Rambo.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Brent Rambo.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>mfw Elena steals my stealth kill
>>
>>338310171
is there a version of this that is not GIF-tier framerate?
>>
>>338315423
I thought the last parts of the game really started to drag.

I would probably have been fine with the slow start, I really liked TLOU after it gets going, but I thought the island part of U4 was pretty bad, reminded me of U1.

I fucking loved the Madagascar and King's Bay part of the game, really felt like the game was kicking into high gear, but then that momentum just kind of becomes a wet fart with the Libertarian part.
>>
OP, developers stopped catering to people who enjoy playing games a long time ago, those people are not easily swayed by game propaganda, and they don't even spend a lot of money anyway

games that have excellent FPS action, like old arena shooters and early fps, are not consistent with the skills that lower class people have

developers are intentionally making the games unplayable because real idiots don't even know the difference, and that makes it easier to design gameplay for them
>>
>>338308596
Wow, so glad I didn't waste 60 dollaroos on this
>>
>>338316013
idk, I thought the island was great and was what like Drake's Fortune should have been (being that it's the only other Uncharted taking place in a rainforest.)
Also, you need to play some of the combat encounters on Libertalia again, pham. They are some of the best in the whole game. Chapter 14's "The Colony" and "Landslide" encounters are gorgeous maps with insane verticality and lots of rope swing shortcuts, places to drop attack, and tons of places to hide for stealth
>>
>>338305716
reminder that lead gameplay designer is SJW Trans.
>>
>>338317147
Bruce Straley is SJW transgender?
>>
So yeah, how's about that Nadine and her having literally no impact on the story at all to the point where she just walks off at the end?

Not to beat the SJW horse to death some more, but they clearly added a strong, independant black woman to the game as a checkbox rather than an actual necessity.
>>
>>338305716
this makes me want to play the game even though I know the game is definitely garbage.
what you described actually OWNS you're just gay.
random spray pattern is the gayest shit ever though, it should always shoot pretty much where you aim the gun the recoil should just rape you.
>>
File: 1463368883197.jpg (54 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
1463368883197.jpg
54 KB, 500x664
>>338315897
>woman writer is replaced by two men
>they create Nadine and make the brutes female

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>338317147
who cares
>>
>>338317227
He is reffering to Emilia Schatz
>>
Is anyone else taken aback by the lack of no reveal for what caused Libertalia to fail. I was expecting some epidemic or event that caused the civilization to die out, but it was just a giant power struggle. And all the motifs with paradise and receiving ones just reward led nowhere, because it was all just a recruitment test. Uncharted 1- biological agent that turned people feral. Uncharted 2- drinking tree sap that made you super powerful. Uncharted 3- hallucinogen that made people kill one another. Uncharted 4- Avery was paranoid and killed everyone.
>>
Disappointed that Drake seemingly didn't go back for the treasure. Unlike past games where the cities/treasures were destroyed, this one just got trapped in a cave that could be easily be blasted back out. Hell, we already know there's multiple ways into that cavern anyway.
>>
>>338318642
The colonists were all killed by the founder's men because they rebelled. The founder's men all killed eachother. Avery and Tew poisoned all the other founders, and then Tew and Avery killed eachother. Like Nate said, "Looks like it went all Lord of the Flies in here."

All the dead bodies, exploding mummies and birdcage-prisons with skeletons in them in them show what happened to the Libertalians
>>
I've played 3 uncharted games and I think they're all dogs hit. I have no clue why people even like those games
>>
>>338315905
That is how the game runs
>>
File: uncharted-4-chapter-22-1.jpg (64 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-4-chapter-22-1.jpg
64 KB, 800x450
>>338318946
I know right? All that treasure is still there, it just needs to be recovered from the shipwreck bottom of the cave.

Maybe Nate and Elena did go back after they bought the salvage company for themselves. That is unless Nadine went back and got it all herself. Hopefully not, fuck that bitch

It was a shit ton of treasure.
>>
is mp fun in this game? Looked a little like tlou from some clips i saw
>>
>>338320219
Yes but it feels very bare bones right now. They said all the new content will be free, but it will be a year until it's all out.
>>
File: Heart of Darkness.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Heart of Darkness.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>You now realize that the games in the Uncharted series are just 3D versions of the old cinematic platformers like Heart of Darkness, Abe's Odyssey, Blackthorne, Prince of Persia, and Another World
>>
File: glad.jpg (49 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
glad.jpg
49 KB, 300x345
Holy shit those firefights were bullshit on Hard. There is a difference between difficult and plain unfair super aim enemies and teleporting grenades.
>>
File: 1338256342938A.jpg (15 KB, 231x208) Image search: [Google]
1338256342938A.jpg
15 KB, 231x208
>>338321208
Hmm that's a little bullshit but I definitely believe it.
>>
why did they cut out fat drake?
>>
>>338321732
they're afraid of SJW's complaining that it is mocking fat people
>>
>>338321732
Because Neil Druckman is a pretentious ass who is too mature for fat Drake, and too mature for the action adventure genre in general, which is why Uncharted 4 is a fucking drama.
>>
File: 1459913138644.jpg (66 KB, 612x574) Image search: [Google]
1459913138644.jpg
66 KB, 612x574
>>338305716
you are probably one of those people who are just really bad at this game
>>
File: Heart_of_Darkness_PSX_023.gif (484 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Heart_of_Darkness_PSX_023.gif
484 KB, 256x192
>>338321208
>Heart of Darkness
holy fuck this game traumatized me as a kid
>>
>>338318165
they only removed melee brutes

I dont know why, melee brutes were fun. U3 had the best melee combat in the series, I loved how you could hit people with the environment (throw them out of windows, hit close their head in the refrigerator, smack them with something on the table) depending on where you were fighting them.

Throwing back grenades was fun but I can understand why they removed it for U4. The point of the grenades is to keep you from camping in the same spot
>>
>>338305716
people with disabilities can have no problem playing the game now but you must suffer from a different disability
>>
File: 1461775782854.jpg (26 KB, 339x326) Image search: [Google]
1461775782854.jpg
26 KB, 339x326
>>338323562
suffers from his gayness
>>
>>338308978
Whats wrong with the AK47? Have almost all weapons now but it seems that one is still the best.
>>
How hard is this game on Crushing compared to UC1? I just beat UC1 on Crushing and Brutal, and most people told me that it's the hardest of the series.
>>
File: 1458351004836.jpg (49 KB, 635x476) Image search: [Google]
1458351004836.jpg
49 KB, 635x476
>>338323562
Op needs to play on a lower difficulty
>>
>>338323730
it's pretty fucking hard on the sections where you get ambushed and are forced to fight multiple rushing kevlar guys and minigun heavies while battling 12+ flanking dudes at the same time. Or the part where you are ambushed and have to fight everyone while hanging off the side of a moving elevator. Otherwise, stealth and rolling makes it manageable. The hardest part about it is that some of the encounters are fucking huge but you have to restart them from the beginning if you die even with only one guy remaining
>>
>>338323730
U4 Crushing is the easiest because you can use Unlimited Ammo, Auto Aim, and any gun you want.

Even without those though it would probably still be the easiest because there are far less fire fights than any other game.

I remember there being a glitch in PS3 U2 where you could use the cheats on difficulties you hadn't completed yet, but I didn't know that and the final areas on Crushing were the hardest part of any of the five Uncharted games.
>>
>>338324086
its harder than UC3 and UC2 crushing. I was able to beat both of those without using any bonuses

The ambushes at Avery's mansion and on the elevator were fucking _impossible_ without using the cheats you mentioned
>>
>>338318642
Uncharted 4 was based off Amy Hennig's script where Sam is evil Nathan Drake who is mad Nathan forgot about him in prison for 15 years while summoning pirate curse ghosts at you.

While the ones we got is just a quiet ending to Nathan Drake and the exploration of his future, his past and present.
>>
>>338324317
winning on crushing is all about positioning yourself and only letting the enemy you are currently shooting at have a clear line of sight to you (because shooting him stun-locks him from firing back)

watch how this guy does it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXQNR3Oa_1A
>>
>>338324084
>>338324317
>>338324780
Does this game have a Brutal mode, too?
>>
>>338325004
no. Brutal mode is for remasters
>>
>>338324780
well, that guy started out with a nade launcher. That certainly helps
>>
this game was pretty easy. There were a couple of sections that were a cunt, one where you get ambushed and there's an armoured guy with a minigun that requires 4 grenades to take down. Also a bit in chapter 20 where you have to save Sam, but you can rappel down and take cover underwater under a ship and let Elena kill them/only pop up to melee some guy

Crushing may be tougher though seeing as you can't mark enemies
>>
File: Sam Drake.jpg (66 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Sam Drake.jpg
66 KB, 1366x768
>Lied to his brother so he'd help him
>Didn't have any reason to want the treasure besides "muh legacy"
>Rafe wouldn't have found it on his own if the Drakes weren't bumbling ahead of him
>Rafe's only "evil" because he's already rich but he wants to be remembered for more than just inheriting money

Was he in the wrong?
>>
>>338325393
why would you mark enemies or use awareness meters in this game? It completely breaks the immersion and ruins the stealth by making it piss easy.

Same goes for "listening" mode in TLOU. Seeing enemies through walls is basically cheating. I can hear their actual movements with my real ears thank you, I dont need some gimmicky system to spoon feed me exactly where they are
>>
>>338325617
Absolutely. But he gets a pass at not dying because he's Nate's brother I guess. Being an ass (and hurting the legacy that we were led to believe that Nate and Sully had) should have gotten him killed.
>>
File: Blue blazes I'm handsome.jpg (111 KB, 640x928) Image search: [Google]
Blue blazes I'm handsome.jpg
111 KB, 640x928
>>338326063

but he's voiced by my VA husbando, even though Troy doesn't sound old enough for a role like that
>>
>>338325876
I didn't use stealth at all in uncharted 4 except for the part where you're encouraged to go underwater to evade fire because it's a nightmare segment otherwise

I just like to know how many enemies I've got
>>
File: prison breakout level.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
prison breakout level.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>338325617
He is very selfish and he did do some things wrong (like lying for weeks), yes, but so did Nathan.
All he ever wanted was to find Avery's treasure with Nate. You can see right before Shoreline shows up on the pirate island that he is about to tell Nate about his deception (when he says "Okay,.."
He doesn't understand how Nathan could still be so preoccupied with paying off Alcazar when he himself was so overwhelmed with the excitement of finding Libertalia. Sam just wanted to things to be like they were before he was locked up, when they were on their way to becoming legendary treasure hunter brothers
>>
>>338326540
look at your statistics in the pause menu then
>>
>>338323143
>grenades were designed to stop you from camping the same spot

never had that problem in 3 multi. it was either you threw it where it would detonate the moment it landed, bounced it off of something to get it to detonate it the moment it landed, roll grenade drop, or panic nade to force someone to back off
>>
>>338324086
Gotta disagree, the yetis were rough but the hallucination part in 3 with the teleporting one hit kill douchebags was next level ballbusting
>>
File: 1420958536160.gif (449 KB, 286x119) Image search: [Google]
1420958536160.gif
449 KB, 286x119
>>338327952
>mfw you get to do the teleporting in 4 as a mystical

i wanted to leave them behind
>>
>>338325617
I kind of felt bad for Rafe at the beginning, Nate wanted to cut him out of the deal entirely despite Rafe providing funding and leads
>>
>>338310171
>just beat the game on crushing
>thinking about this part triggers me

I was not ready for those two armored minigun guys.
>>
>>338328120

but he shanked El Chico Gigante so that obviously makes him evil
>>
>>338326204
It's funny how similar Troy is to Nate's brother in this game.

Greedy, always going after the biggest pile of cash.
>>
>>338321208
How did I never realize this before? Abe's Oddysee and Flashback were some of my favorite games as a kid.

Knowing this somehow makes me have a little bit more respect for the Uncharted and nu-Tomb Raider games than I did before
>>
>>338321732
Probably interfered too much with the cutscenes, honestly.
>>
>>338328347
he killed a man just because the guy referred to Nathan Drake as a "legend"
>>
>>338328435
>doing your job is greedy
>>
>>338328586
What is Performance Matters ?
>>
>>338308037
What exactly does aim assist even do? I have tried changing it from 0 to 10 and I dont really notice a difference in regular, shouldered aiming. Does it just make hip-firing/blind-firing have more auto-aim?
>>
>>338328642
They could have picked someone else for the role, obviously.
>>
>>338328451
Doughnut Drake in older games clipped through all kinds of stuff, it was part of the fun.

Seeing that cutscene where Nate and Elena hug on the couch would have been hilarious.
>>
File: 234887962384923.png (181 KB, 291x268) Image search: [Google]
234887962384923.png
181 KB, 291x268
>>338315089
>Boat segment with shooting like seven guys
>Climbing at the orphanage
>Punch one guy and walking segment
>Climbing behind the prison
>Punching dudes for 2 minutes
>Climbing but as an "exciting" chase
>Credits
>Underwater
>Home segment
>Shooting in "flashback"
>MORE FUCKING CLIMBING FOR A FUCKING CHAPTER
>>
Literally a tech demo
>>
>>338325617
I really fucking hate how he's written to be a reflection of a Drake that barely existed in the series
He's supposed to represent Nate's greed but most of the series has Nate trying to save people he cares about or stopping the villains from using super natural shit to take over the world and Nate's really only mentions wanting the treasure like once
>>
>>338313692
It's awesome that it shows the family as having such a normal life and then reveals to the daughter that her parents are secretly master theives and unstoppable combatants, skilled enough to succeed at basically anything they try. It's like Mr and Mrs Smith or something.

It seems like they have no reservations about introducing Cassie to the violent, dangerous world of treasure hunting either. It fits the unique tone of the games, though, where Drake's crazy and often murderous activities are viewed as glorious, lighthearted adventures.
>>
>>338329852

I want to introduce Cassie to the world of The Dick
>>
Uncharted 1
>Drake sets out to find a lost city with lots of treasure
>Ends up having to destroy lost city (coffin really, and he sank it) in order to stop a mad man from using it to gain power. Also, the coffin was cursed
Uncharted 2
>Ends up having to destroy lost city in order to stop a mad man from using it to gain power and take over the world. Also, the sap was cursed.
Uncharted 3
>Ends up having to destroy lost city in order to stop a mad secret society from using it to gain power and take over the world. Also, the water was cursed.
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
>Ends up having to destroy lost city in order to stop a warlord from using its gold to gain power. Also, the gold was cursed (radioactive).
Uncharted 4
>Drake reluctantly sets out to help his lying brother find money to pay off a debt
>Ends up nearly quitting multiple times, finds a lost city that was destroyed a long time ago, and accidentally triggers traps that sink the treasure. The villain did absolutely nothing wrong, and the only reason he had to die was because Nate's brother was selfish and wanted all the gold for himself. There was no mad man, and nothing at all was cursed.

I feel like Naughty Dog forgot what the series was about.
>>
>>338330187

>Sam wanted all the gold for himself

no, he wanted him and his brothers to be the one to discover the treasure their mother never found
>>
>>338330702
Tomato tomahto
Point is, it was nothing like the other games in the series.
>>
>>338330792

you're right it was better
>>
>>338330792
Tomayto Tomato
>>
>>338330830
If you like drama. It was hardly action adventure.
>>
>>338313291
the shriveled up agents at the chateau were attacked and sucked dry by the big ass spiders. It was implicated.
>>
The only thing I thought at the end was how much I miss Amy. This shit was barely Uncharted.
>>
>>338330187
I mean in this case the "curse" was more of greed causing paranoia and selfish desires, leading to downfall
More poetic than physical, but the ending being on a pirate ship that only has one sword fight with no high seas action was lame
>>
>>338311568
>Where's the mystical, supernatural twist?
This is ok for me, i mean why would they make an old pirate treasure into something supernatural?

>Why is there so much forced drama?
>Why does Nate no longer act like an action movie hero?

Fcking this man, they made Nate into a whiny pussywhipped married Joe that ruined the mood 100% and just made me depressed. Especially for the second half of the game.

Jeez its a game where you fly through the air with a magic grappling hook, jump from truck to truck in a high speed chase while dodging bullets feeling like a total badass

-THIS IS WHATS GOOD ABOUT UNCHARTED-

Why the Fuck would they ruin it with depressing, half-assedly written drama shit?? Im so fucking mad and disappointed

Didn't feel like Uncharted at all.
>>
>>338331908
Who the fuck is Amy?
>>
>>338333939
Amy Hennig, writer who worked for Naughty Dog before leaving to join Visceral Games
Uncharted 4 was originally her story before Druckmann threw everything out and restarted the entire game
This is why it feels more like TLoU with its tone than Uncharted
>>
>>338305716
Git gud
>>
Wonder how the dlc story is going to turn out.
>>
>>338306752
you just used the same argument used for csgo
>>
This is how all Uncharted games and TLoU feel. Sometimes i wish i could be even more of a scrub and enjoy these games but i find them nigh unplayable due to the controls feeling like someome just spat a wad of gum into my controls.
>>
DadNate would've been a much cooler starting point for Uncharted 4. At least that way he'd have a reason to not want to be a treasure hunter anymore and then get suddenly pulled into it.
>>
>>338336615
Maybe the dlc.
>>
>>338305716
You are encouraged to run and stay in motion in uncharted though.

The shooting is great and tense in this game. The unreliability of your shot really makes you think before trying to pop out and go guns blazing. Also, the level design for the shootouts is actually really good. You can go about clearing a bunch of enemies out in so many ways. The stealth is kinda broken, and sometimes you'll find a few walls or angles you can cheese, but overall, the shooting is really good.

Biggest problem is the game is now self consciously far more of a platformer than any other uncharted, and I was shooting a lot less than I thought I would.
>>
>>338305716
There is no recoil though, aiming feels like shit but I blame the fact that they take off the aim assist on hard and above
>>
>>338336603
what? the controls feel glorious in both UC2 and UC4

the only thing that is a little wonky is how you automatically dangle off of ledges sometimes when you just want to jump straight off of them
>>
This reminds me of when Uncharted 2 came out and the press was fellating that game too.

Demon's Souls came out the same year and it was the far better game, actually innovated with it's online features, and has a much stronger legacy today, yet Uncharted 2 was the one that got all the praise and I still don't understand what people see in it.

The game itself is generic third person shooting where you do is travel from boring scripted set piece to boring scripted set piece.
>>
>>338336615
Jesus Christ, they look so unlikable in these pics compared to the games
>>
>>338338306
Demon's Souls was not better than U2. I had a PS3 with all its exclusive games back then and I had much more fun with U2 than I did with DeS.

But obviously they are very different games, so it all really just comes down to what type of game you prefer
>>
>>338322517

same. i played it when I was about six or eight years old I think. holy fuck, not a game for kids.
>>
>>338307610
You can change this to r3 senpai
>>
I don't understand the complaint, I own Uncharted 1-4 and Golden Abyss and I feel like 4 has the best shooting mechanics.
>>
>>338339117

PS4 isn't allowed to have good games so people complain about whatever they can
>>
>>338339117
Well that's just like, your opinion, man.

Personally I think the shooting mechanics peaked at 2 and have gone downhill ever since.
>>
File: 1398991960316.jpg (23 KB, 438x328) Image search: [Google]
1398991960316.jpg
23 KB, 438x328
>>338305716

>people commenting on the ultimate feels ending
>literally some lazy harry potter tier ending

This is a good game though, but a terrible Uncharted

>uncharted 1 had zombies
>uncharted 2 had a train section, Yetis and giants
>uncharted 3 had the ship/storm section, the airplane section and fire ghosts guys
>not a single memorable moment in the whole uncharted 4 game

7/10
>>
>>338305716

>to stop the player from being able to shoot safely from corners they literally made it so that enemies shoot through corner walls if you are aiming down
>on Crushing, enemies will literally spam grenades to a point where it's not rare to see up 10 grenades being thrown in a roll
>LOL STEALTH but you can't hide bodies
>enemies on Crushing have a literal first-shot-always-hits policy

What a shit game this is.
>>
>>338305716
If you were looking for good gameplay, or any gameplay at all really, you shouldn't have bought Uncharted 4. Its a walking simulator movie broken up by generic TPS sections
>>
>>338341353
Africa was comfy as fuck. Although that setpiece with the jeep in the cliff was fucking retarded.
>>
NO DINOSAURS

NO FUCKING DINOSAURS

SHIT GAME

0/10

this is not the ending Uncharted deserved
>>
>>338340615 (CC >>338305716 )
not the guy you quoted but I do agree that the gunplay in 3 definitely was worse than in 2. But 4 is really not bad at all. All of my problems with the accuracy can be attributed to my use of some shitty, inaccurate rifle from too far away. The way enemies stumble makes it kinda difficult to headshot them at times, and a lot of them have body armor that makes them tough to kill. Getting shot screws up your aim but I really cannot complain about that. It would be kind of ridiculous if it didn't.

Recoil is not really a problem if you fire in short bursts. Aim for the chest and if the gun kicks up it can easily hit them in the head. Also blindfiring works amazingly at short range, and hip-firing to meleeing is extremely fast and lethal.

The most important thing when fighting back aggressively is that you make sure only one enemy can have a clear line of sight to you at a time, and you must be shooting at that enemy and stun-locking them from shooting back.
>>
>>338341941
THIS is not the ending Uncharted deserved.
>>
>>338342065
what, that her ass is too small?
>>
>>338342065
The lack of Chloe and Cutter in U4 is upsetting.
>>
>>338341840

The thing is, Uncharted excels at being an "action movie" game.

Yet Uncharted 4 is only good when you are calmly exploring comfy places.
>>
>>338342201
In U2 she said you are going to miss this ass, and she was right.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
44 KB, 800x800
>>338342065
>Friends | 0
>>
>>338342393
They just weren't online at that moment I swear.

Oh also none of my friends want to play anything online but ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 1 > Uncharted 4
>>
>>338341840
>Africa was comfy as fuck. Although that setpiece with the jeep in the cliff was fucking retarded.
why?
It looked awesome and lasted all of one minute
>>
>>338341353
I remember the clocktower, the boat open world section, and libertalia

i was so hype when I finally got there I spent about 20 minutes just wandering around
>>
>>338341840

I told you getting one with a winch was a good idea you old fuck
>>
File: 13683289587435.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
13683289587435.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>338341840
That was really fucking retarded
>Stop on the hill when I notice the boulder starts moving
>Watch my jeep defy physics and it just automatically slides right and falls off the cliff
>>
>>338342568
full retard bait

1 is without question the worst, to put it ahead of any of the others only shows everyone you are trolling
>>
>>338342587
>It looked awesome and lasted all of one minute
It was way longer than that if you're exploring. Maybe I'm still upset about the way that Africa turned out in MGS:V, this is exactly what I pictured when I thought about cruising a jeep down the savanna.

>treasure behind a waterfall
Automatically a good area
>>
>>338342708

those are not action pieces

it's uncharted, I was expecting jaw dropping action
>>
>>338342803
But it has Eddy Raja
>>
File: 1352949976309.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1352949976309.png
13 KB, 381x380
>Nate gets a rope
>a literally fucking rope with a hook
>OH GOD NATE, WE CAN'T JUMP THAT HIGH TO JOIN YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO ALONE

Holy shit this was retarded and happened way too many times, specially near the end.

I FUCKING HAVE A 10 YARD LONG ROPE
>>
>>338342761
That happened because there was suddenly a lot of slack in the winch cable once the boulder was out of the way, and that caused them to slip backwards and sideways off the cliff
>>
>>338342858
The Chase from Kings Bay was fucking awesome. I was literally in awe jumping from truck to truck, taking out thugs and then riding on the back of Sam's bike and blowing up that truck. I thought that section was cool as hell.
>>
File: 136340034145.png (6 KB, 331x353) Image search: [Google]
136340034145.png
6 KB, 331x353
>>338342803

>jetski section that puts Jet Moto to shame
>nazi fucking zombies
>jungle car chase
>bad

what is wrong with you?
>>
>>338343062
I was too far low for it to logically work, I stopped before the game expected me to
The game as a whole is lazy when it comes to it's animations for scripted moments, like in Scotland where you jump between narrow beams on the way to the cave, if you turn around and watch Sam cross, he teleports to the spot behind you
>>
File: 139206709666B.jpg (32 KB, 301x311) Image search: [Google]
139206709666B.jpg
32 KB, 301x311
>>338343239
They're Nazi fucking vampires
>>
>>338305716
>Bullets go everywhere when shooting
Each gun's recoil pattern is easy to learn. If you suck at aiming so much, then single-shot or burst fire to control the recoil.
>Can't move gun at all when shooting or for a shot time after releasing the trigger
Not sure what you mean here since I haven't played the game in a while, but I've had no issues with gunplay aside from the adjusting to the game in the very first level.
This is called flinch/view kick and it's to punish you for being out in the open and vulnerable. Take cover. And besides, it's not that bad if you have good aim, with enough practice you can outgun the enemy.
So apparently decent (not even good) AI is a bad thing. You clearly want brain dead AI that allow you to shoot them easily.
Not true. Destructible cover looks flimsy, indestructible cover looks solid. Either way, you shouldn't be relying on cover 100% of the time, the game encourages movement.
>Bullet's are still teleportation based rather than projectile based, so you can't evade fire by running
You most definitely can, but not for long. Dodge rolling helps. You should always be wary of cover, anyway.
>All of this combined makes the combat encounters a fucking pain in the ass because you're encouraged not to take cover, you're encouraged not to run, you're encouraged not to aim, and you're encouraged not to shoot.
Well then you just need to get fucking good. The game drip feeds you its mechanics so near the end of the game, you should be taking cover, running, aiming, and shooting at the right moments. Trying to do only one will get you rekt.

Holy fuck git gud. I prefer M/KB and despise controllers but I got through it just fine.

This is why games cater to the lowest common denominator these days because babbies like you can't handle some degree of difficulty.
>>
>>338321208
oh wow youre right, those are all shit too.
>>
>>338343239
I didn't say UC1 was /bad/

It's just not as good as any of the other Uncharted games. Overall graphics, animations, combat mechanics, controls, and level design were all significantly worse than what you get in Uncharted 2-4. Also it lacked the frequent action set-pieces that the series is known for. The climbing is the worst in the series and sometimes makes no sense what you're supposed to do.

I think it's an okay game, and it was really groundbreaking for 2007, but it's not up to par with the other games in the series.
>>
>>338343697
say that to my face fucker not online see what happens

Oddworld Abe's Odyssey is one of the best games of all time
>>
are there any good mouse+kb peripherals for the PS4 that work with this game?
>>
>>338344464

no but you could get a pair of crutches if you break your leg if you need a crutch that badly
>>
>>338324780

You can also rush where the snipers are and camp up the top. I had more trouble with the elevator and the broken ship on crushing than that one.
>>
is anyone down for a party?

or maybe Uncharted 2 custom games?
>>
>>338343545
This. OP needs to git gud. I'm sick of people saying the gunplay / combat in U4 sucks just because they only know how to play like a turtle
>>
>>338345613
people still play UC2? On their PS3s, I guess?

why the hell didnt they include any kind of MP for the PS4 remasters
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.