[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JA2 thread? >JA2 thread. Starting up a new game of Urban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ja2-aim.jpg (15 KB, 250x264) Image search: [Google]
ja2-aim.jpg
15 KB, 250x264
JA2 thread?
>JA2 thread.

Starting up a new game of Urban Chaos/1.13 hybrid. I've played JA2 from beginning to end close to a hundred times, so I'm running out of fresh approaches.

Anybody have any unique/fun yet still effective builds/squads/loadings?

I was thinking of going a shotguns/pistols only run, but will hold out a bit to see if someone has any better ideas.
>>
File: Network.jpg (188 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Network.jpg
188 KB, 1600x900
I can never finish a campaign. I started 1.13 with Alruco Revisited and got probably 50% through, found myself in a situation where my A team was split in 2 between multiple 30 man patrols and my B team was falling flat on their asses every single time they tried to retake a SAM site that was only guarded by 10 red shirts.

I want to restart and bump my IMP's up to 6 and fiddle around with the skills to make a joke team of friends or vidya characters, but then I remember the 35 hour slog to secure the airport and get properly kitted and I stop again.

I used to love this shit. I dunno what happened.
>>
>>338301392
I've played through so many times now that I actually think the early game is the best part. The game loses a lot of excitement when everyone has full body armor and automatics.
>>
>>338301087
I started JA2 fairly recently. Any tips for surviving the early game? What should I bumrush? Who's worth hiring?
>>
1.13 is shit
>>
>>338303348
Vanilla game:
Play on easy with
>lynx
>a psycho imp merc with a mp5
>a mechanic
>recruit IRA In the second sector
>>
>>338305156
>Easy
b-but it's for casuals
I'm using 1.13 anyways
>>
>>338303348
The early game is best approached with night ops. Because everyone has pistols/short range weaponry and you're outnumbered fighting only at night will help even the odds. When you can see an enemy they will also be in range of your weaponry.
>>
>>338305554
>using 1.13 for your first time
holy shit i fucking hate this place
>>
>>338307010
Ah, I'll give that a shot. I was having a problem with getting swarmed by patrols.
By the way, is there somewhere I can go early to get some proper long guns? I'd murder for even a shitty shotgun.
>>
>>338305554
A good starting squad is Steroid for mechanics/shooting, Buns for shooting/medical, and Raven for shooting. Don't worry about explosives until you have some income.
>>
>>338307262
I-I was told to by an IRL friend
pls no bully
>>
IMPs are easy mode, go with hired mercs only for the real fun.

>>338307262
>>338307414
I used 1.13 for my first time, lost a few times then learned how to play and it was fun as fuck. Playing without the 1.13 bug fixes would be awful.
>>
>>338307307
Available weapons are tied to coolness level (current progression value). You can try Tony in San Mona, but usually by the time you've taken the Drassen airport BobbyRay will usually have at least a shotgun.
>>
>>338301087
I've been putting off playing this game because I hear it's the pinnacle of the TRPG genre and I don't want to taint my first experience by playing it while I'm depressed. When I eventually do play it, should I play the modded version (1.13?) or the original base game? And should I go in blind or should I have some info beforehand?
>>
>>338307307
It should also be noted that if you're using New Chance to Hit that it greatly favors the late game and automatics. I always leave it on, but a new player should consider using Old Chance to Hit at least in the early game. Otherwise pistols are garbage.
>>
>>338308449
I would recommend starting with Vanilla, otherwise the shear volume of added features can be overwhelming in a game that already has an absurdly steep learning curve. I would also highly recommend at least reading the manual if only to get a hang of some of the hotkeys. They are a godsend.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.