[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is actually mechanically wrong with this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: LoL-Banner-2.png (502 KB, 750x334) Image search: [Google]
LoL-Banner-2.png
502 KB, 750x334
What is actually mechanically wrong with this game?
>>
Your bait is Weak, and your Rune Page Poor.

buy more dicks to settle the score.
>>
>>338297154
sometimes its hard to click on enemy champions
>>
File: Pepe_pls.png (203 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_pls.png
203 KB, 499x499
come on guys I need arguments to throw at my normie friends

:^)
>>
>>338297154
Nothing really. Riot's just a shit company.
>>
>>338297154
The game itself is pretty stale and (from my understanding) built heavily around the summoner spell Flash.
It also requires grinding or real money. Rune pages are an enormous issue that will never be resolved.
Mids without rune pages won't beat mids with rune pages. Champs are hard countered by other specific champs and for that reason the balancing is poor, and encourages a sort of Pay 2 Win scenario.
>>
well..... everything
played it for 3 years and it got worse and worse
>>
korea is master race, fuck white faggots
>>
>>338298907
Stupid weaboo fuck off whito
>>
suck my fking dick u twat go lick my nuts covered with peanut butter i will rape your cat till i fuck your fish tard
>>
>>338297154
Your teammates.
>>
It requires a week of grinding to get a hero, then another 3 weeks of grinding to get a runepage for them to be competitive and viable.

And then you might get counterpicked randomly but are stuck with that hero
>>
>>338298907
prof that only lifeless weebs play this shit game
>>
>>338299083
its koreabooo you pleb
>>
>>338299176
Oh, and then next patch your hero is nerfed and unviable to play, even picking the hero will get you banned by their shitty community system
>>
>>338299273
fakof m8 u retardet
>>
>>338299176
A week? Nigger you can grind that in a day if you're not shit. Took me a year of casual play to unlock everything.
Fucking babies.
>>
>>338298508
>Mids without rune pages won't beat mids with rune pages.

By the time you get to the level of play where having the exact right runes will be the difference between winning or losing a lane, you're bound to have enough to buy a few rune pages.

>Champs are hard countered by other specific champs and for that reason the balancing is poor

Not really. There's very, very few absolute hard counters, in that aspect it's much better than something like DOTA2. The balance is poor precisely because they insist on making every champion roughly samey in terms of power, hard counters, etc. which invariably means ones will end up being better picks than others because it's impossible to hit absolute perfect balance on 130 plus characters and still have them feel unique.
>>
But what makes it casual?
>>
To be honest Riot got it right - they get a game (dota) and dumb it down so much that more casual start liking it
this is a trend in general in todays games just look at OverMeme
>>
Lot's of grinding to get IP for runes and champions, or pay money for champions.

Then the learning curve is pretty slow for most people, combined with the community being toxic despite the games being unranked or of low rank.

Then there is the knowing of who counters who, when you can and should engage in a fight and a whole mess of other things.

But the largest issue with league of legends imo, is how many champions there are and what that means. If you want to get good at the game, you need to know every champion, on top of that you need to know every champions abilities which includes knowing their ability range/cd.

So that's 120something x 5 and some passive abilities you need to know. Memorize animations, then understand positioning for lane matchups and team comps depending on who you are playing as.

Then you have to know itemization and what each item means and which builds mean what.

LoL's biggest issue imo is requiring people to learn so many things if they want to take the game seriously. Then deal with toxic players who make the experience exhausting at times.
>>
Most of league's problems come from its item system
>>
>>338297154

Dont know if this is a Dota vs LoL bait thread or not because your talking about mechanics in comparision to what??

but all in all Riot is a shitty company with a even shittier client and they have horrid balance teams who pat themselves on the back all whilst player satisfaction is at an all time low.
>>338298508
Dont forget the poor poor balancing.

Its still amazing that they allow resourceless champions in this game

nothing is more unfun than going up against Yasuos,Zeds,Akalis and Katarina.

Its the definition of plain unfair.
>>
>>338297154
shit version of dota
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.