[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people care about skins in a first person shooter When did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14 KB, 300x168
>people care about skins in a first person shooter

When did gaming die?
>>
>people caring about other people having fun

When did gaming die?
>>
>paying $60 for a TF2 ripoff

When did gaming die?
>>
It feels like the game is just a platform and the skins are the main product
>>
>>338291443
says the guy buying dota2 hats
>>
>>338291517
They are. This is a full price game with a free to play model and no content. And it's going to sell outrageously well because Blizzard pumped billions into marketing over the past few years. The game is painfully shallow and dull, and casuals will eat it up along with autistic weebs obsessing over waifus. Doesn't matter that the game is devoid of substance and requires zero skill to play, that actually just broadens the appeal since a blind retard could do well at it.
>>
File: 1463031983701.png (292 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1463031983701.png
292 KB, 1200x800
>>338291725
>No content
>Zero skill
t. Bastion Player
>>
>>338291916
He's so easily countered though.
>>
>>338292295
Yes and takes zero skill.
>>
>>338291332
>having fun playing dress up
sounds like you'd prefer the sims
these people keep devoting their time to making dumb, useless content for my game rather than something that could actually improve it
>>
>>338291186
>caring about what other people enjoy in games

When will OP die?
>>
>>338292347
This desu
>>
>>338291916
>>338292345
If you think Bastion is the only character that requires zero skill, then you are a casual and a retard. None of these characters require anything resembling skill or thought to play, they all have "I WIN" buttons and the game has the depth of a small puddle. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a joke.
>>
>>338291443
>being poor
>>
>>338291186
it's really sad.
no one gave a shit about them when they were free mods but suddenly you pay for them and it gets more popular
>>
>>338292347
>my game
Oh shit, your game?
Man that sucks. If I owned a game, I would fire the people making cosmetic shit for it.

But since I don't, I either play the games other people make when I enjoy them, or I simply go play something else when I don't.
I know, it sucks. This way of thinking means I can't play shitty games and I am forever doomed to play games I actually enjoy.
Damn this unjust world.
>>
>>338291186
You know in a ton of old fps from 1.6 to UT had a selection of player skins that had no benefit other than how others saw you right?
>>
>>338291186
>caring about skins in a singleplayer game
i know right... it's weird.
>>
>>338293084
>"I WIN" buttons
I love this argument.
You're exactly like that retard that plays TF2 for the kill/death ratio and doesn't give a shit about winning the match.

Yes, when you use your ulti, your chances of winning that particular engagement dramatically go up. But your oponent will also have his ulti in a few seconds aswell.

The game is not about k/d or "who kills more".
Simply firing your ulti isn't "I WIN" it's "I KILL".
To win a match, you require far more than simply pressing a button.
Or do you think the:
>JUSTICE RAINS FROM- AAaaaaggghhh
joke appeared from nowhere? It's guys like you picking Phara thinking her Q is an "I WIN" button, waste 4 out of 5 ultis like that and then wonder how they lost the match.
>>
>>338294753
>he didn't play Bones in Q3A
>>
>>338293084

So how much is gearbox paying you to antishill overwatch?
>>
>>338291186
>When did gaming die?
started in 2006 but really it was 2009 or so.
>>
>>338295075
>started when I grew cynical but really it was when I got more cynical with age

Fixed you hipster twat
>>
>>338294854
it's FIRST PERSON anon

you can't even fucking look at it
>>
>>338295285
You can, when you taunt.
And on the kill cam.
And on the victory screen.
>>
>>338295285
it changes the color of your skin, voicelines and you can taunt to go 3rd person.
>>
At least with Overwatch's setting it makes sense to have such a diverse cast.
>>
>>338295285
Also, it's all minor cosmetic shit that server more as a donation to the company than an actual thing you'd buy for it's use.

The base game already costs more, but skins should simply be for people who like what blizzard did and wanted to give them more cash.
LoL was kinda like that in the beginning too, until Tencent took over.
>>
File: 1463013394525.jpg (32 KB, 325x346) Image search: [Google]
1463013394525.jpg
32 KB, 325x346
>Blizzard doing Overwatch
>leaving WoW to rot

When did gaming die?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.