[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Star_Fox_Command_cover.jpg (148 KB, 456x415) Image search: [Google]
Star_Fox_Command_cover.jpg
148 KB, 456x415
Apologize.
>>
Ya I'm still waiting for one
>>
Can you stop trying to force this "apologize" meme?
It's not gonna happen you know.
>>
Its too late to apologise. Its too late.
>>
>>338289664
Yeah Nintendo really needs to apologize for that garbage
>>
>>338289664
no you apologize
>>
Is it really that bad? I kinda want to try it.
>>
>>338290714
>Is it really that bad?
Yes
>>
>>338290714
It's the Other M of the series.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>338290714
The strategy element, branching paths, different ships, etc were all great. The writing was abysmal (not that it matters) and the entire game is all range mode until the final boss which teases you with a god tier fight and teases how good the whole game could have been
>>
>>338290714
It had a god awful story and the gameplay was repetitive as hell. It tried to take some things from the cancelled Star Fox 2, without knowing why those features were seen as good for its time or how to apply them properly. At least it had some variety by giving everyone different ships that specialized at something.
>>
Before we all shit on this game lets bare in mind that this ten year old handheld release had online dogfights, and the 1 month old console release does not
>>
>>338291891
Who the fuck plays Star Fox for multiplayer? Good god, assault did more damage to the fanbase than I thought
>>
>>338291891
>multiplayer
>anyone that drops out automatically causes the entire match to close
It was a fun distraction when people didn't ragequit after one death.
>>
>>338292470
>Who the fuck plays Star Fox for multiplayer?

Anyone who actually has friends, dipshit. It's pretty much all you can do in the game after beating everything for the hundredth time.

Even Star Fox 64 had good multiplayer. I'm sorry your shitty Zero-effort reboot sucked, but not everyone who hates modern Star Fox is an Assaultfag.
>>
>>338291891
Aside from the lack of multiplayer, Zero was better than Command in every way.
>>
>>338292837
If you want a good multiplayer game you shouldn't be looking to Star Fox, retard. Its never been the focus of the series.
Zero's core gameplay is the best in the series. The controls are the best in the series. If it had cut out the shitty Gyrowing and replaced them with on-rails sections it would be the perfect Star Fox game. Don't know why you fags are so butthurt over it, its an excellent game. Its certainly better than fucking Command.
>>
File: 4ChVa1x.png (889 KB, 585x827) Image search: [Google]
4ChVa1x.png
889 KB, 585x827
>>338293302
>Zero's core gameplay is the best in the series. The controls are the best in the series.

Fuck off Miyamoto, your game sucks.
>>
....I liked it
>>
>>338289664
Better than shitfest meme game that was zero
>>
>>338293670
The only people who complain about the controls are the kinds of people who are too stupid to parallel park. i.e. women and nu males
>>
File: 1456202554535.png (124 KB, 358x272) Image search: [Google]
1456202554535.png
124 KB, 358x272
>>338294145
suuuure bub
>>
>>338293261
That is completely true and doesn't conflict with my point in any way. Thanks for the (you)
>>
>>338290714
Strategy elements are super dull

every single regular enemy fight is ether "kill a specific enemy" (sometimes you have to barrel roll into a mothership to kill it after that) or chase and kill a missile

Plot manages to be so bad that makes even adventures look good. Seriously, its like they took a fanfiction and made a game about it.

All levels are all-range, the main issue here is that all of them are boring as hell. There is barely any difference between one planet or the other beyond the backgrounds.

Honestly the only good things i can say about the game was that the boss fights are fun, each character having his/her own ship was a really cool idea, and the branching paths work nicely (although its still dragged down by the shit plot. its like a intact candy corn, but covered in shit).

>>338291531
I felt that the strategy element was weak as fuck. Barely any need to have tactics beyond "get close to the enemies/missiles".

And the first/default boss fight with emperor anglar was pretty weak. Two smart bombs are more than enough to reduce most of him to dust.

The fight against him on venom was great though.
>>
I most certainly will not.
>>
List of good starfox games

the first one

Now remind me why people even want this series around anymore
>>
>>338294601
Stay butthurt you uncoordinated retard
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.