[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>exclusives are anti-consumer and are bad for the industry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1412796722470.png (81 KB, 343x438) Image search: [Google]
1412796722470.png
81 KB, 343x438
>exclusives are anti-consumer and are bad for the industry
>>
okay
>>
>>338286779
nice sheep mentality
>>
okay
>>
Well, yeah. They're also unprofitable.
>>
Yes and?
>>
>>338287021
>>338286932
PC indoctrinated race detected
>>
They're definitely anti-consumer.

They're not bad for the "industry" though. It drives both console sales, and since most exclusive are driven by console manufacturers, it makes sense why they'd prefer that.
>>
It's the dev's choice for what platforms they create it Obviously going for one is much easier for them. It's just bullshit when they are restricted by contracts of companies to only publish it for their platform against the dev's will.
>>
>>338287262
>against the dev's will.
No one forces them to sign a contract for exclusivity
>>
File: smug chacha.jpg (95 KB, 781x467) Image search: [Google]
smug chacha.jpg
95 KB, 781x467
>living in a third world shithole
>noo pls don't be exclusive i wont be able to pirate
>pls gib exclusive to pc ;_;
kek
>>
>>338287157
Well lets see

Exclusives are paid by big companies to be kept in on one console, limiting what can be done with the game and if it bombs on the console it will die off. Anything that was popular on a different console might not be popular on the exclusive console.

It's also bad for consumers because sequel hopping on different platforms *see kingdom hearts*.

Exclusives are a jew tactic to get you to buy a console.
>>
>>338287616
>Exclusives are paid by big companies to be kept in on one console
Stopped reading there.
This is not always the case and you know it.
>>
>>338287327
>No one forces them to sign a contract for exclusivity

Except they do.
>>
In a world where PS4 and Xbone are essentially the same console, yeah,
>>
>>338287327
There is so much money on the line that they are willing to do it. At least for the big games.
>>
>>338287729
Was Platinum forced to sign a contract with Nintendo?
Was FROM forced to sign a contract with Sony?
>>
>>338286638
Exclusives are OK. At this moment is the only diference between one plataform and other.
>>
>>338287827
I can't tell if you're being serious.

yes they were, that's litteraly why they changed the name of demons souls to dark souls.
>>
For flagship IPs, like mario for nintendo, it makes sense to have exclusives. for everything else, exclusivity is only hurting the consumer.
>>
>muh scloosives
>muh consoles
>muh pc
>>
>>338287616
>limiting what can be done with the game

Youre retarded
>>
>>338287962
If devs see a target audience on one console, but not another platform, and decide to keep the game exclusive by their own choice, why is that a bad thing? Why do those devs deserve to be buillied and slandered for not bending to others will?
>>
>>338288109
>consoles don't limit things

No please, tell me how I'm retarded.
>>
>>338287925
They chose to sign the contract.

What they do during development were forced by the contractors.

It may be semantics for you but not for others.
>>
File: BbxFrSv.jpg (83 KB, 1280x485) Image search: [Google]
BbxFrSv.jpg
83 KB, 1280x485
>>338288193
PC games are made for low tier PCs, they limit themselves
>>
>>338288126
how can they know that they don't have a target audience on another platform if they've never tried putting their games on PC

it's like how rise of the tomb raider decided to be xbone exclusive (if i recall correctly) when the tomb raider reboot received extensive praise on all the platforms it was on, including PC
>>
>>338288201
I consider being "forced" to sign something, where the publishers ask them to do it for the money.
That's pretty much being forced to do something.
You don't really say "no my dedication to the consumer takes precedence"
>>
>>338288397
if they've never tried putting their games on another platform*

letting go of the PC bias can be tough, i apologize
>>
>>338288397
Because it's simple, if you care about shooters, you own a microsoft console, if you care about nintendo games you own a nintendo console, if you care about non nintendo japanese games you own a sony console.
Devs know their target audiences and what platforms they're on. Why should they put their games on another platform where it's not a guarantee to sell like it would if they put it on a platform they know will be interested in their games?
>>
>>338288648
like bayonetta 2?
>>
>>338288828
What about it
>>
>>338288648
fair point, but there's something to be had in releasing your game on a different platform and realizing that there actually were a lot of people interesting in playing your game on said platform than sitting around in stagnation and limiting the amount of games someone can play based on the amount of platforms they own

this is all just me being disgruntled because i don't get to play shit like bloodborne or the god of war series, but logically speaking there's only money to be had by releasing your games on a different platform seeing as how porting doesn't take all too much time and resources
>>
>>338289145
I feel like it's a slap in the face the original fans if you port a game to another platform, basically telling them their support wasn't good enough and you're going to take your chances with someone who wasn't into you in the first place.
>>
File: 1445463382741.png (114 KB, 311x438) Image search: [Google]
1445463382741.png
114 KB, 311x438
>>338288648
>if you care about shooters, you own a microsoft console
>shooters
>console
Ell
Oh
Ell
>>
>>338289313
and that kind of vicious cycle of thinking (though i'm not sure if the "slap in the face" ideology is popular opinion) is going to continue until games get released on all platforms every time, which probably isn't going to happen in the near future or ever
truly an impasse
>>
>>338289540
this pc nigga still thinks the casual shooter audience will ever settle for pc

heck i'd take using a controller than having to deal with the shit ports on pc and hackers any day
>>
>>338289540
People like Gears and Halo
>>
File: brazil-flag-7[1].jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
brazil-flag-7[1].jpg
455 KB, 1920x1080
Let me fix your "console exclusivity" problem, dude.

Move to an actually good country, for instance, one that isn't pic related.
>>
>>338289703
>mingling abut casuals
And that's why you're cancer
>>
>>338290135
>wahh my casuals are le cancer
nigga stop being 14, understand that this industry is no longer in the 90s
you need people to support it out of how big is

you want to complain about casuals, get a fucking time machine back when the industry was small enough to sustain based on core fags, and take that time to grow some hair on you nutsack you literal teenager
>>
>>338290305
Fuck off casual, playing a shooter with a controller should be considered a crime
>>
>>338290474
dont you have finals to study for kid?
how good must it be to be underage and have so little problems that you have the time to care how people play their games
>>
>>338290474
not him, but while i really don't like playing with controllers because of how inaccurate they feel in comparison to KB + M, there's really no need to turn this into a dick-measuring contest

all the streamers for popular casual shooters almost always play on controller, and there's usually bigger communities for these shooters on consoles
>>
>>338287169
That's the entire point, though. If there were one platform--the non-proprietary personal computer--developers would be more encouraged to compete with one another, to optimize their games further, and, because they'd be making more money from their consolidated userbase, make more high quality, well-optimized games.

Splitting the industry into camps is a terrible thing. Maybe back when PCs were actually expensive, niche, and hard to use, it made total sense to have consoles. But now? When consoles are just pseudo-PCs with half the power? There's no reason other than brand names. Go ahead and argue the benefit of brand names, for any product.
>>
>>338290676
dont waste your time with underage plebs
they'll understand one day that the $60 from console players is the same $60 he pays for when he buys the game

i personally play any game on pc
but i know well enough these games are made on a variety of platforms for a variety of people, and more people support the game you like

for some reason retards think their $60 is worth more because they're not...casual, tell you what bud, it isn't

this is a hard concept to grasp if you're IQ is low or you're under 18 though
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.