[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 768x432
I still don't understand how this happened?
Bungie was such a great studio. They worked on this game for 4 years and it was an absolute abortion.

It's inconceivable that they could make Halo Reach and then have their very next game be this confusingly bad. I know Reach isn't the best Halo game, butit's only an entirely different planet from Destiny. It's like comparing a steak that wasn't cooked to your liking to eating a bowl of shit. You can argue with their design choices and style, but Bungie was never the studio that released Destiny: one that's only intention is to rape the customer for every cent they can, with complete disregard for the game itself.

Destiny was literally 1/3rd of the game. The other 2/3rds were cut to make DLC, the story was scrapped and instead we got a collection of fantastical nouns meant to badly stitch together what was left of the game. Destiny was strategically calculated to have as little content as humanly possible without being held criminally liable for defrauding the customer.

Im sure there's a very interesting story about what happened behind the scenes between Bungie Ana Activision, but I doubt we'll ever know.
>>
Very rarely is the developer to blame for these types of abortions r any anti-consumer practice at all for that matter, it's almost alway's the publishers fault.
>>
>>338277132
You would think that after leaving Microsoft, Bungie would have been able to pick a publisher on favorable terms and not be in a position to be activision's bitch and let them rape the living shit out of their game.
>>
>>338277426
Such a publisher doesn't really exist, all AAA publishers are guilty of anti-consumer practiced. They're businesses, their entire purpose of existing is to make money, not friends.
>>
>implying Halo anything was good to begin with
Everybody who likes Halo is underage and/or bydlo and accomplice to the cancerification of video games.
>>
>>338277775
>practiced
practices
>>
>>338277860
You just passed the autism test with flying colors.
>>
>>338276558
They have been downhill since Halo 2
>>
because Bungie signed a deal with Activision for 10 years with 5 Destiny games and DLC in between but they didn't want to put any effort towards it
>>
>>338276558
pretty sure we do know

activision came in and saw the work they did, and said "we hate it. this is terrible" so then bungie had less than a year to redo all their work they'd done in the past 4 years on the game in terms of writing and story and basically everything

the game reused assets that were meant for other places, content was cut because it couldn't be reworked fast enough (i.e. the Dreadnaut was supposed to be in the base game), and the DLCs were supposed to be part of the base game too. Each story mission was also meant to have a cutscene before and after it, and it was supposed to be a far better game story-wise than it was at launch.

with that said, Taken King is probably the best that Destiny has ever been. I love the story content, i love the voice acting, i love the raid mechanics. Exotics that drop all feel unique and powerful, pvp is probably my favorite console multiplayer, and there's enough in the current set of end-game content to keep me from being utterly bored like most games of this type.

I can't wait for the next expansion. it really feels like activision has relaxed its hold on what bungie does and everything after Taken King released is fantastic.

I just wish it was on PC.
>>
It tries to be something that it shouldn't be.
I wouldn't mind if Destiny was just Halo with a different skin - having lobbies, custom games, etc.
Now it's just a RNG lootfest grind bullshit - It lacks the simplicity and fun of Halo
>>
>>338280073
The UI feels like it was meant to be on PC in the first place, it sort of controls like you're meant to be using a mouse. I get the feeling Sony and Microsoft threw money at them late in development to keep it off the PC platform.
>>
kotaku posted a big tell-all about its troubled development, with problems such as a production pipeline that was just too slow to add very much content to the game.

now, with all these people leaving bungie and the leadership on the game changing hands and the game completely changing direction for its future every 6 months, it seems that the game has continued to have a troubled development cycle, so i'm sure we'll hear about that once it's either 1) a good game or 2) bungie out of business
>>
>>338280685
Either that, or they cheaped out on making sure the client was secure- the same way the Division on PC isn't.

I wonder, too, how much dev time they spent making it run on 360/ps3, as well. I'm grateful they did, because i played year 1 on xbox 360 (switched to ps4 when i won one from Taco bell) but i guarantee they wasted so much time.
>>
>>338280073
According to sources, it was not even Activision who hated the work. It was Bungie higher ups Jason Jones, and Ryan Harold. The entire thing was dismantaled and the lead writer left after the E3 presentation.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.