[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgiacraft 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: map.jpg (208 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
208 KB, 600x503
Warcraft 3 custom games, you know you spent more time on that than any other Blizzard game. So,

>Favourite custom Warcraft 3 (TFT or ROC) map?
The Black Road
>>
>>338273982
I was a huge sucker for the RPG maps.
Also holy shit WC3's custom game system was robust as hell. If I wanted to design a faction from scratch, represented entirely by spell animations, I fucking could.
>>
>>338275203
I miss people actually hosting games, instead of it being 95% bots. Started with DotA then took over the rest.
>>
Why didn't Uther Party catch on like DotA?
>>
The tower defens maps were my favourite.
>>
>>338276387
>>338276335
I always appreciated how in Starcraft and Warcraft, game types that would be fucking barebones minigames done by anyone else would get a lot more depth and creativity to them.
>>
>>338273982

The one where you created an army against 8 other people. Bloodbowl or something. I don't remember the name.

Also, Uther's Party.
>>
Parasite was my shit. That game was too much fun.
>>
>>338276474
Back in Starcraft, we called that "Golem"
>>
I played a fucking lot vampirism, Life of a Peasant, DBZ tribute and other related shit also dota and other good shit. Without those fucking shits I would totally have lost to my teenage depression and killed myself.
>>
>>338276335
Well Uther Party itself was a lite (but more fun) version of Mario Party, so it's understandable.
>>
It's not exactly amazing or anything but Castle Fight is fun as shit. Me and my friends still play it on occasion.
>>
>wintermaul and hero line wars are fucking dead
>Nobody has recreated either in dota 2 yet

just kill me
>>
>>338276539
Y-you too? There not being a true successor to Para in SC2 was a huge letdown for me.

Favorite evolutions? Atronach was always the most fun.
>>
we have a wc3 steam group that hosts wc3 customs regularly

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warcraft3vidya
>>
AOS
>>
>>338276946
You guys spam events too much
>>
>>338276946
join the group
come into the group chat
>>
>>338275203
What went wrong with SC2's editor?
>>
File: BATR3.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
BATR3.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
I wanted to try something different at the time and made my own version of the Battle Royale film. This multiplayer map exploring houses has randomized items from guns to potlids with 41 computer enemies, with some attacking each other. Obeys the films rules as well.
I continued the map project from the original and went fully detailed.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/battle-royale-br-program-v1-01-a-154971/

However I went too far, the game is unbalanced and some bugs can't be fixed. I hoped to start anew with Dota 2 Custom Games, but I'm waiting for the new editor to arrive
>>
>>338276573
>I would totally have lost to my teenage depression and killed myself.
Honestly without those mindless (O)RPG maps I probably would've done it too, it was so easy to just escape into the mindless grinding.
>>
>>338277084
because we are playing warcraft 3 customs
>>
>>338277106
Nothing, the editor is fantastic

The system for hosting games was completely fucked at launch though, it has improved since then but the community left.
>>
>>338277174
Yea but there'll be 6 event pop-ups for one game. Shit gets ridiculous after a while.
>>
I actually spent more time on starcraft custom maps but I respect war3 too
>>
>>338276864
What was the best parasite map in WC3? I was trying to look for one to play at a LAN party here a while back but couldn't find a good one that worked. We ended up playing the SC2 version which was pretty good but I remembered playing better in WC3.
>>
File: BATR2.jpg (972 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
BATR2.jpg
972 KB, 1280x960
>>338277148

Bump continue.

The biggest issue was a multiplayer crash sometimes kicking half of the players out. I never found the cause and thus never fixed. It was not host related, maybe something to do with an odd custom model, but that was the only clue. I hoped to had finish this project, and re-design the map closer to the Film, but it was a failed cool experiment.
>>
>>338277365
Parasite 2 was my personal favorite. The elevator system the station feel like a space station, the ability to go into space and even land on the moon was creatively done. And there all sorts of secrets to find, until they were removed because DSG was a faggot.

And the evolutions were very fun. I once wiped out 5 humans in less than 2 minutes as an atronach.
>>
>>338276946
Do you guys ever do classic wintermaul?

You know, the coop one where everyone defends a different portion of a larger map.

If so I'll donate hundreds and suck your dick. Hell it can even be the new garbage wintermaul map with individualized lanes.
>>
So what was the golden age of Warcraft 3 custom games? The 2006-2009 period?
>>
>>338273982
The Black Road

Heard someone was making TBR for Dota 2 but it wasn't the original devs so I don't really have any hopes for it.
>>
>>338277827
That sounds about right, before the rise of the machines i.e. hosting bots
>>
>>338273982
DotA would forever be my most played game.
Having 5v5s with your classmates on a daily basis, talking trash all game long.. those were the days.

Anyway I loved Mafa TD, FOC, BvO, that ent Hide and Seek map, that TD where you made mazes with your towers and sent various creepa to the enemy, Pudge Wars.
>>
>>338277947
I remember bot hosting wasn't all bad, since some people never could get their routers able to host games.
>>
>>338276335
really disappointed it didnt catch on in sc2, they have raynor party which is the same thing, but i've never seen a full lobby, makes me sad.
>>
First one I ever played was DOTA when I went to a Computer camp or some shit my freshman year of Highschool. All the other people there got mad at me cause I had no idea how to play DOTA and thought it was just normal WC3 so I'm walking around as an abomination trying to get wood.
>>
>>338276751
SC2 custom games has one author porting WC3 custom games into starcraft. Theres hero line wars and X hero siege already. Theres wintermaul but its something different in SC2, like "Firemaul" or some shit like that, still a 3v3 TD defense game tho
>>
>>338278224
It only took Blizz more than 5 years to set up a games lobby that isn't ass. And people aren't going to slave away on something that Blizzard ultimately owns.
>>
>>338278097
>ent Hide and Seek

I remember that one. Wasn't there also a game where all the players had to evade a hero, but they had knockback bullet and a teleport?
>>
>>338278097
>ent Hide and Seek map
Tree Tag?
>>
Island Troll Tribes.
Custom Hero Arena.
Tree Tag.
>>
>>338279116
I loved ITT enough so that I made it into the backstory of my troll shaman back in BC.
>>
>>338279116
>Island Troll Tribes
Holy fuck i remember killing off an entire tribe as mage/hypnotist, so fucking broken, loved that game

Zerg Infestation, Undead Assault 2, and Parasite stole so much time from me, worth it though
>>
>>338273982

binders was pretty cool
>>
>>338277291
You can count on blizzard taking this as "Map editors and custom games no longer interest gamers" so they will never include it again in future games.
>>
>>338279423
Are you me? We basically love the same games.

I remember holding down a hill in UA2 for hours until my old computer's frame rate turned into a slideshow. Warcraft 3 custom games are the reason I pulled all nighters in middle school and high school, culminating in a 54 hour marathon.
>>
Did anyone else play Warlocks? The spells on that map were perfect.
>>
>>338277651
we do everything, literally just join the chat and say 'hey anyone want to do this map' and a couple people will join you.
>>
>>338280867
I enjoyed it. My friends thought it was dumb sadly.
>>
Last Man Standing
>>
>>338281089
That was probably my favorite WC3 map. I can never get anyone to play it now though.
>>
>>338277084
>You guys spam events too much
Then how about you join faggot

There's 800 members and only ~15 active ones
>>
>>338273982
Redscull's SWAT
>>
The zombie survival map called... Can't remember but used "z" as a prefix for stuff always. The zombies would always know where you were and would slowly shuffle to you so you had to keep moving or focus on huge turtle basing. Random item spawns throughout map, different classes and waves would be punctuated with boss monsters. Could save civilians with Z cure or whatever and level them up and keep them Alive as long as possible.

Shit was so cash
>>
The Naruto map
>>
>>338276946
do you always play on the legit battle net?
would love to join but i don't have a legit copy of warcraft 3.
>>
>>338281917
finding a wc3 cd key is not hard
>>
>>338281917
Yeah. We tried playing with Garena and Gameranger but it was shit.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/war3/
>>
>>338281917
Just buy it faggot it's a pittance.
>>
Ninja vs Samurai
Best fucking game ever made, come at me faggots.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.