[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me how Witcher 3 is an RPG but Ass Creed isn't?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5
File: not ass creed.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not ass creed.jpg
411 KB, 1920x1080
Explain to me how Witcher 3 is an RPG but Ass Creed isn't? Because the two games are pretty much carbon copies.
>>
their gameplay is similarly shallow but all Ass Creed has going for it is spectacle, not compelling stories or narrative choice
>>
They're pretty similar but Witcher is much better in literally every way and has much more content.
>>
>>338265082
assassins creed doesn't have dialogue trees
>>
>>338265704
Ass Creed 2 is better than Witcher 3.
>>
you cant roll or dodge in AC games, nor can you pull off different signs

only thing AC combat has over Witcher is the naval combat in AC4
>>
>>338265827
>you cant roll or dodge in AC games, nor can you pull off different signs
I don't see how that makes Witcher 3 an RPG.
>>
It's funny how well CDPR shills managed to trick/v/ into buying Witcher when it's just Polack Ass Creed: Gore Edition.
>>
>Witcher is an RPG
>FO4 is not

Good consistent logic /v/
>>
>>338265082
Witcher is TP ARPG from the get go.
Itemization, freedom to make your char mage, "thief",fighter,alchemist etc... You have shitload of items, story is fucking awesome, you can jump, you dont have a button called:"Autopilot.".
World is alive, lore is really interesting, Geralt at his worst is 1000 more interesting as person than all AssCreed chars combined.
He has flashed out personality, yet you can play non lore way,also, fucking consequences .
There is none in AssCree.

You cant compare those 2 games, one is product of love made by 200 people , other is confection made yearly by 800 French and Canadians..
>>
TW3 has stats and various builds (sword, signs, alchemy, etc). AC has one path which is dictated by the story and how far you have progressed along it. It has some minor RPG elements but is not an RPG.
>>
>dialogue
>skills
>can make choices
>won GOTY
>>
Witcher 3 has an active well paid shill base especially with blood and wine coming out. Some of them shitpost so hard they actually made a whole dollar! Nobody actually enjoys follow the red line though, it's all a joke to get people to waste 60 dollars
>>
File: 4332.gif (864 KB, 379x213) Image search: [Google]
4332.gif
864 KB, 379x213
>>338265082
>there are people on /v/ who will fall for this shit
>tfw this thread will probably get 400 replies of shitposting
>>
>>338266807
Dont listen to there twerps, they are probably kiddies grown on COS & Halo.
Skyrim is probably their first RPG.
>>
>>338265082
Witcher has choices in how you combat and narrative choices. Asscreed has none of that
>>
>>338265082

>combat and a few gameplay mechanics are the same
>"THEY'RE CARBON COPIES"

You haven't got a clue what an actual RPG entails, do you?
>>
>>338267138
Ass Creed has a shitload of dialogue
Ass Creed has skills
You can make choices in Ass Creed

wew lad
>>
>>338266807

They both aren't. You play a predefined character in both scenarios, where you have a limited amount of choice as to whom your character "is".

TW3's writing is on a whole different level from that of FO4's though.
>>
I never played AC, but does it have leveling, looting and gearing?
>>
>>338266807
Fallout 4 is an RPG, it's just not a very good one
>>
>>338265818
lol yeah no
>>
>>338267734
lol yeah yeah
>>
>>338267467
Yeah you're right an actual rpg has one quest copied and pasted over about 600 times to fill an entire game up with "content" to make dumbasses think they are better than "plebs playing asscreed and bamham city" when they're actually playing the same game except with a few dialogue options thrown in
>>
>>338267560
>Ass Creed has skills
>You can make choices in Ass Creed

What's it feel like being a liar?
>>
>Witcher 3 is not an rpg

Are you people really saying the best rpg ever made isn't an rpg?

Seriously, think twice how stupid and retarded you sound.
>>
I cannot fathom how anyone who has actually played both games can even compare the two.

Assassin's Creed is literally an unapologetic collectathon, punctuated with unskippable cutscenes and homoerotic 'assassinations' (you LITERALLY cradle the person you're supposed to kill in your arms in their dying moments).

Far Cry 3+ are essentially the same tripe, complete with collecting all copy-pasted gem-symbolled chests on your minimap or climbing to the top of a lookout point to reveal the map.

I really can't understand what goes on in the mind of someone who enjoys Assassin's Creed. It's like they're so caught up in the idea that the game SHOULD be good they can't see how bad it actually is.
>>
Witcher 3 is shilled daily on /v/ whereas nobody gives a fuck about Ass Creed. This is why one gets a free pass for being shit and the other doesn't.
>>
I'd compare the Witcher to FF13 over asscreed. It's just about the same experience
>>
Does Assassin Creed have super senses that make red trails leading you to the quest goal????
NO??
then it isnt an RPG its for CASUALS.

witcher is the best
DEAL w/ IT!
>>
>>338267582
>You play a predefined character
Define "predefined".
Is Nameless one from P:ST predefined? Chosen One from Fallout? Nerevarine from Morrowind?
>>
>>338267913
Shitposters

They do it for free
>>
>>338267913
Its like you dont see this thread is bait.
>>
Fuck you all, you haters.
Im not shill, i followed The Witcher since 1 and Im a huge fan of the series,
every sequel has some good and some bad design desigions , but , its fucking obvious game was made with huge love.

It actually raised the bar of what to expect from OW RPGs, in size, story, feels, maturity, world etc.
They showed what levels of grapics developers hid from PC gamers in DX9.0c(name nicer DX9.0c game), also The Witcher 2 should been a lot bigger game(they wasted shitload of money on that fucking French retards who fucked up development of White Wolf+ they lost shitload of money to Namcot so they can bring us DRMfree experience).

The Witcher 3 is maybe most watered down version of Witcher but even in that state it was actually first next gen game(and still is in many aspects).
Anyway, The Witcher Trilogy is huge legacy and envelope pusher in gaming world and it will be played in 10 years from now.
I honestly cant say the same for AssCreed
>>
>>338268145
>I'm not a shill
He does it for free
>>
>>338267712
This.

For some reason /v/ has concocted this idea that all RPGs are good. So when one sucks, it must not be an RPG.
>>
>>338267960
Planetescape: Tournament is an adventure game, twat.
>>
>>338265082
>look mom, i posted it again.
>>
they are both not RPGs

there you go
>>
Guys stop making fun of the witcher fangays. Their love/hate relation with anime prevents them from playing real visual novels. This is the closest they can get, the quests are beyond minimal, the combat is unlosable so you just get to enjoy the dialogue.
>>
>>338267960

The keyword wasn't predefined, but limited. There's not a lot of room in both games to roleplay.

Sure you can roleplay a bit, but in the end Geralt is Geralt, and FO4 protag is a military veteran who wants to find his son.
>>
>>338268735
no....
Its RPG, most JRPG have one protag who has inventory but you dont call them adventure games
>>
>modern /v/ doesn't consider deus ex or PS:T to be RPGs
fuck this place
>>
>>338265082
You posted this in a thread where you got your shit handed to you yesterday
Autists like you who save screencaps and webms of games you don't like, intentionally misconstrue the game in the op with a shit opinion, and then repeat this 4-5 times a day for weeks on end need to be strung up and shot
>>
>>338265818
Good game but can't really compare. CDPR is the best in the game
>>
>>338267790
Literally everything you believe is a lie

It's like when everyone else sees blue, you see red
>>
>>338269465
You actually only see red when you hit the eagle vision button. That's where you walk, unless you hold down the horse button then the game can skillfully complete every quest in the game for you.
>>
>>338265082

> Witcher 3 has skill tree / build
> has crafting / potionmaking
> dialogue tree / skill check
> splitting storylines based on your choices

> no bullshit button mashing
> no one-button-kills-all-flashy-assassin-killstreak
> has weight to its gameplay vs nonchalant animu edgy assassionation gameplay
>>
>>338269780
>has weight to its gameplay
If weight means being a clunky piece of shit, sure.
>>
>>338266807

> FO4 breaks previous FO lore
> stripped, dumbed down RPG elements

Jesus anon, is FO4 your first FO? What a fucking newfaggot.
>>
>>338267560

dialogue choices, you dumbfuck millenial
>>
>>338270087
I have yet to find a game where your choices matter less than tw3
>>
>>338269909

> clunky piece of shit

button masher whiner spotted, the ones that prefer CoD and LoL games over their counterparts

> b-bb-but Dota is clunky!
> heroes move slowly!
> so slow OMG like turning it's so slow!

> Battlefield sucks! It's not like CoD! Clunky!
> CS:GO sucks! Can't do muh 360noscope420blazeit!
> WTF are Insurgency? Squad? ARMA? Shitty clunkjy slow paced games! Who the fuck play these shit!

CoD & LoL forever amirite?
>>
>>338270484
Im just posting so you get more money for shilling senpai, it's like neet charity
>>
>>338269780
>Witcher 3 has skill tree / build
Just a perk system, even FPS do that.
> has crafting / potionmaking
Press x to refill, while fighting. No more preparation before the combat.
> splitting storylines based on your choices
Affects only dialogue and a 2 mn slideshow (unlike tw1 and tw2).
> no bullshit button mashing
What are fast atk ?
> no one-button-kills-all-flashy-assassin-killstreak
Ok.
> has weight to its gameplay vs nonchalant animu edgy assassionation gameplay
No gameplay feels wrong.
>>
>>338270484
No Witcher 3 is actually has a piece of shit combat with awful animations that value muh realism over what is gameplay practical. CDPR shows no understanding of the combat whatsoever. They've failed for three games in a row now. There is no saving them.
>>
>>338271090

> value muh realism

there you go.

you get into the Witcher series expecting some DMC shit?

> pew pew instant turning
> slash slash instant blocking
> bash bash super-720-360-420blazit-norealismblazeit epic airtime super edgy flashiness

the game is not made for you

not made for 'casuals' really

the ONE fucking thing that makes me hate Monster Hunter (and I love them)

is the shitty combination of realism AND bullshitry, it doesn't work, it feels like shit

either make a realistic game overall or just simply make it dumb and flashy, don't settle midway
>>
>>338265704
"more content" same fucking questions in different form, it's lying doing all the quests in WoW, only someone with autism does that
>>
>>338272084
Yeah casuals couldn't handle those quests. Get lost way too easy.
>>
>>338272084
You don't even understand what the fuck you're talking about. Witcher 3's combat is a fucking joke. It's only realistic to the point of it being clunky. But not to the point where it's immersive. It's in fact a broken shit promotes spamming Quen or Igni because there's no point in trying to make out what the enemy telegraphs due to shitty animations.

CDPR are so obsessed with graphics that they're willing to shit all over gameplay to make it look good.
>>
How much of a noob are you guys, shitting on Witcher combat mechanics?

Really? They're too difficult for you?

FUCKING KEK

These are the bastards that loves muh 'Soulslike' game

> le fucking most difficult games like everr
> le OP bosses
> le IMBA skills
> fucking weightless animu combat

Is this it? You guys are telling me Witcher beats the Souls games?

MY FUCKING SIDES
>>
>>338272084
RPGs are the most casual games on the market, they don't rely on player skill, they're reliant instead on you enjoying stories and, y'know, roleplaying. If don't like anything that requires player skill or games that you get more out of the more you put into them, then video games aren't for you.
>>
>>338272546

>telegraphy

bwahahaha

this fucking shit makes fighting bosses in Souls and MH a child's play

just admit it, you faggots are a bunch of whiny impulsive edgelords that only like things sanic faaaast and flashy

> LoL
> Overwatch
> CoD

muh favirit bidyoo gaem
>>
>>338272612
i remember dying a lot in KOTOR. Same for souls game.
>>
>>338265818
haha! good one
>>
>>338273069
One is reliant on player skill and the other is more reliant on RNG and taking away control from the player, which is poor game design.
>>
>>338272603
Witcher combat is not hard at all. In fact every fight is pretty fucking easy because of how badly designed it is.

>spam thunder trap
>roll around
>right click hit things

Thats how you can solve every single encounter in the witcher 2 without getting hit once.
>>
>>338273018
You're a fucking idiot that has no idea how videogames work. Nobody has said anything about fucking CoD you moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vCko6V4pQ

Basically, CDPR animates their games like movies without any understanding to how videogame mechanics work. Keep eat their shit.
>>
>>338265082
Never played Ass Cread, but it's mostly up to the developer what they label their games as.

Just look up "roguelike" at steam and have a laugh at developer who probably never played rogue but still thinks their games are like it.
>>
>>338273245
good luck beating the operator in max difficulty.
Also i found tw3 easier to tw2 due to the fact that quen (the OP sign), allow you to regain your mana in tw3 (ie the moment quen breaks you can spam it).
>>
>>338272612

Do not mistake an RPG for another RPG, do not mistake an RPG Shooter to another FPS that has slight to none RPG elements etc.

If you get into Witcher 3 expecting some animu weeb shit gameplay, or even Ubishit gameplay, it's all on you. You're an idiot.

Some idiot hates Fallout because he was expecting Far Cry, and another idiot hates Deus Ex and Sytem Shock because he expected Fallout.
>>
File: 1452570413685.jpg (51 KB, 376x428) Image search: [Google]
1452570413685.jpg
51 KB, 376x428
>>338273696
>going into Witcher 3 expecting good gameplay
>>
>>338268554

So is Far Cry 3 RPG now? It's the same game, you even make a story decision at the end.
>>
I just want anything that removes that awful camera effect when you use witcher sense, it hurts my brain and makes the game looks awful.
In dark areas its particulary painful.

its really shit, otherwise I like the game
>>
>>338273245

Yeah.

That was my point all along.

It's just as stupid as other games really.

But when it shines it shines.

Regular movement and combat (striking, parrying and even countering) is actually dope, when you're not spamming shit or cheating or trolling. (as in other games as well)

Seriously, regular combat is perfectly fine.

It's just these 'normies' can't get into it coz they're used to some weeb shit INSTANT turning and LIGHTNING fast animu reflexes.

The game, as in other games as well, requires some balancing here and there.

TW2 at the end was fixed, and nerfed considerably. Initially you can just blaze through the game with Quen. But they fixed that.

TW3 is MUCH easier. But it's also still fairly recent. More balancing needs to be done.

> i can't into witcher coz im de pleb
>>
>>338267954
>Does Assassin Creed have super senses that make red trails leading you to the quest goal????
yes.
>>
>>338273973
yes, obviously
>>
>>338274741

So why is everyone calling Far Cry just an open world FPS, but Fallout 4 is RPG all of a sudden with the same gameplay?
>>
This thread is dumb.
>>
>>338265827
I was literally just playing Black Flag after playing some Witcher 3 and I definitely can fucking roll away from attacks, especially from fat fucks.

also I have discovered the ability to enjoy different games not ironically and state that ironically.
>>
>>338274974
Because FPS and other genres have all started bolting on a bunch of 'RPG elements' so now trying to categorise things is a total shitfest and waste of time
>>
>>338274974

why don't you just google for the definition of RPG?

that way I don't have to waste my time on you fags explaining
>>
>>338276074
Because by the so called googled definition of RPG, every video game becomes an RPG
>>
>>338265082
>ass creed
>witcher
>carbon copies
OP you should probably play the games you want to talk about before you make a thread about them.
>>
File: 1448767169014.png (545 KB, 630x720) Image search: [Google]
1448767169014.png
545 KB, 630x720
I just played Syndicate and I honestly think it's better than Witcher 3. Sure it's repetitive and the world that looks great at a glance is ultimately dead but you know that's literally the same with Witcher 3.

At least Ass Creed is honest about its content. They call it activities instead of quests and then it's a lot harder to forgive their repetitive nature.

Lastly the core stealth gameplay of Ass Creed is just more fun that W3's atrocious fighting. Not spectacularly so, but it's serviceable.

Only thing Witcher has over it is the polished main story just a shame it's boring as fuck. Muh unlikable girls muh books fgt.

I don't think either game is great though but I don't see why one is categorically loathed while the other is hyped to hell and back.
>>
>>338265082
you again?
>>
>>338277087
Played Unity? I would play that game over Witcher 3 any day of the week. Even though I thought it was mediocre, it atleast had a nice French setting.
>>
>>338277087

> categorically loathed while the other is hyped to hell and back.

People hate Ass Creed because by now EVERYONE knows they're nothing but repetitive mess.

The ones that hyped on TW3 were the actual fans of the game, which incidentally most of the 'game gurus' are, with their articles on various 'tech guru' / gaming sites.

The other kind of HYPERS are the GRAPHIC WHORES, coz muh graphics.

And when EVERYONE got their hands on it, MOST of them were taken aback by the game's pacing, and mostly it's mechanics.

Those were the FAGGOTS.
>>
>>338277813

>at least nicer settings

those are pretty much preferences, just like how the others can't into TW because hey were expecting DMC

do you happen to know how many millenials these days LOATHED anything medieval?

> "GOT sucks"
> " LOTR sucks ass"
> "I don't get it why do people like it, it's boring"

It's boring and it's not my cup of tea, hence it's shit.

It's slow and tedious and takes WAY too much effort, focus and concentration to play, I was fooled.

Brb getting back to CoD.
>>
>>338265082
The Witcher 3 is a Western ARPG, so it has the usual of choices/consequences, dialogue choices, skill tree, inventory, etc. So AC may have ARPG elements, but it doesn't make it one.
>>
Some games have RPG elements, that still doesn't make them RPGs.
>>
>>338270224
You must not play many games if you spend all your time here shitposting.
>>
>>338278435

This, the one thing that separates them clearly are skill checks, deeper and more complex skill tree and stat distribution.

Story wise, more dialogue options, more branching paths.

RPG
> get exp points, level up, get stat / skill points
> spend points
> spending on stat increases passive
> spending on skill unlocks / increases actives and passives
> game skill checks you everytime, on anything

RPG-wannabe
> simple stat / skill distribution
> skills are more like unlockable perks
> they work everytime
> storyline, choices, paths and branches are minimal or shallow
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.