[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell kind of ending was that? >*Teleports you to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 1004x611) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 1004x611
What the hell kind of ending was that?

>*Teleports you to Mars*
>“Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Kid…"
>*Teleports you to Hell*
>>
r...rip...and tear?

RIP AND TEAR?!?!
>>
one that will make sure you buy DOOM TU in 2 years
>>
>>338258838
>pick up our $40 season pass to fight the real final boss
>>
I don't get it.
>>
>>338260607

The robutt pulls you from hell, takes your demon sword thing then sends you back. The end.
>>
>>338258838
Doom's endign was just a text wall and a monster role call if I recall. Why do you care?

Although a monster role call would have been kind of cool.
>>
>>338258838
that was almost th same ending as the first one you just get teleported somewhere
and like the first one we must wait for the paid add-on
>>
>>338258838

Well fuck, I was hoping not to see this but oh well. Spoiled for me.

Oh well, gotta go through the entire game still. I kinda figured after the argent tower chapter you pissed him off. After destroying the filters instead of "shutting them down."
>"You have no idea what you just did."

Just passed this part.
>>
I actually liked the ending. The game was about the gameplay. Not story and this ending kinda reflected that. "thanks for helping me. Now back to being imprisoned" it works for this game.
>>
>>338260881
and it was still better ending than the wet fart that was the ending of the new Doom. The ending of the new Doom was just giant sequel/DLC hook and nothing more, I wouldn't even mind the sequel/DLC hook if it was just part of the ending but it was pretty much the whole ending.
>>
File: PFUB2.png (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
PFUB2.png
24 KB, 320x240
>>338258838
Because the original doom never would have dared to have a cheap cliffhanger ending...
>>
>>338260959
People seem to always forget this. The original game was such a shameless cash grab it's not funny.
>>
Original Doom ending was a cliffhanger as well
>>
>>338261069
Nah, i feel it could end like this and never get a sequel. The whole point is the Doom guy is doomed to repeat the same thing over and over.
>>
>>338261069
see >>338261071
>>
>>338260881
>>338261071
>>338261102

Just because the original game made in 1993 didn't have proper ending doesn't excuse the ending in the new game being total shit like that.
>>
>>338261071
tfw if they put a bunny in the new game youngfags would have just accused them of pandering to bronies or something.
>>
>>338261153
see >>338261237
>>
>>338261237
Yeah it does. Plenty of old games had story. Doom specifically chose to have hardly any, and so did new doom.

Story is not a technical limitation that people in the 90's were incapable of.
>>
>>338261295
see>>338261297
>>
>>338261240
You mean /v/, because every normal person forgot about MLP since 2012
>>
>>338261297
>>338261352

No it really doesn't, the old game didn't have data logs or NPCs telling you what was going on either, so if they added those they should have added a proper ending too.
>>
>>338261237
>Doom 3 comes out
Oh my gawd new doom so casual, so slow, its practically a shitty survival horror game, who needs story in a doom game, doom 1 was way better, fuck you id
>Doom 4 comes out
Oh my gawd new Doom is so outdated it has no story and a shitty ending, can't they at least give it a decent story after 20 years, old limitations don't apply anymore, fuck you id

Well you got exactly what you asked for when Doom 3 was around.
So thanks for making the next doom a slow paced story driven shooter again.
>>
>>338261702
Why should they have? What purpose would an extended ending serve in this type of game? The credits sequence was the real ending and it was better suited to the game than any bullshit end cutscene they could have come up with.

Why the fuck are you fags so obsessed with story? Go play Halo if you want story, I hear the new one was practically half cutscenes.
>>
>>338261791
Problem is that it had story, but no ending.
>>
>>338261985
"""""""""story"""""""""
>Be Demon killing Space marine guy
>Someone opens portal to hell
>Kill demons
>Kill someone who opened portal to hell
>Backstory about how you killed demons in the past

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>338261791
What about game and a story?
>>
>>338262070
Don't forget the argent energy that makes you kill demons even harder!
>>
File: 1450769618464.jpg (6 KB, 200x213) Image search: [Google]
1450769618464.jpg
6 KB, 200x213
>contrarians so desperate in their attempt to show how much they don't like new things are now criticizing Doom for its story.
>>
>>338259087

Season pass has no single player features.
>>
>>338261791
>>338261910
>>338262070

You fucking mouth breathing retards. Nobody is asking for game to be filled with cut scenes or plot than it already is, or slowing down the game. People are just saying that the whole ending sequence starting with Doom guy making back up of Vega for no apparent reason, doesn't serve any other purpose than to make people buy the sequel/DLC.
>>
>doom
>story

Ha.
They threw out a shit ton of old scripting in doom when it was realized because "it would get in the way of gameplay."

So a basic story for a very gameplay driven game is fine.

As long as I get to rip and tear for hours on end without a cutscene every 5 seconds with forced qte's out the ass then I'm fine.

Plus playing on nightmare helps this.
>>
>>338262382
If you don't care about the story, why would you care about the ending? Sequelbait and cliffhangers only sting if you care about the plot.
>>
>>338262382
Just like Ultimate Doom yes.
>>
>>338262127
I don't try to defend doom, for me the game was above average, but you could see that they did their best to deliver what people asked of them after the release of doom3

I just want to show how stupid people are.

Also a good game doesn't need a story, it needs good gameplay to be a good game.
"Cinematic Experiences" are nothing more than movies with extended viewer participation - and that is fucking ok if it's a good movie and isn't too short for its askig price.

There are games, that can deliver in both fields, story and gameplay, but there are enough examples where a shitty story can ruin a otherwise nice gameplay experience.

>>338262382
Companies wanting to sell another game - how fucking shocking.
I rather take a sequel bait after a lenghty gaming experience than pay to win / cut out day 1 dlc / etc.

There are far worse marketing schemes. But hey it's fucking easy to complain about the ending in a game with no story instead stating the real flaws a fucking game had.
>>
>>338262329
oh.
>>
>>338262486
This. When Doom 5 comes out I'm not going to be thinking "man can't wait to find out what happened to that AI or that Robot guy" I'm going to be thinking "Hope it's faster than 4, hope they improved the levels, they better not have added in any stupid shit."

Noone on the entire planet earth is going to buy Doom 5 for the story.
>>
>get game with cutscenes, tons of story and barely any gameplay
UHH I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME
>get a throwback game with barely any cutscenes, barely any story which is mainly focused on gameplay
UHH I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME

no seriously, fuck all you contrarian retards, threads like this reminds me why I stopped browsing this shitty board as often as I did before

you retards contradict yourselves and hate everything that's popular for the tiniest mis-steps
>>
>>338262752
Yeah man, I hate people with opinions that are different than the majority/the assumed majority too!
>>
>>338262752
It's almost like /v/ isn't just one guy.
>>
>>338262752
because everybody in those threads are now currently in this thread.

You're as bad as the people you're hating on.
You should leave.
>>
>>338262752

I didn't mind the story at all, but that ending was silly.
>>
>>338263136
go back to facepunch you smug smartass
>>
>>338263872
Oh shit, is being anti-contrarian contrarian now?
>>
>>338263923
are you stupid?
>>
>>338264214
Oh no, my fellow majority-opinion friend!
What does it mean for us if the majority opinion is now that the majority opinion is wrong?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.