[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the game's out on PC have you had a chance to try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: SaltAndSanctuary.jpg (26 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
SaltAndSanctuary.jpg
26 KB, 256x256
Now that the game's out on PC have you had a chance to try it? What build are you rolling as?

I've hated every boss so far despite one-shotting a few of them. There's a bunch of other annoying shit in this as well, most having to do with some DS concepts not working as well in 2D. The DS2 enemy tracking is noticeable in this game too. The art style could've been more thought out too. I guess otherwise the game's pretty decent. I'm liking the metroidvania style movement upgrades. There's something charming about drawing up your own map too as you play.
>>
>>338255170
i dislike this game because of one petty reason, there is no mini map.

what the fuck dropped.
>>
>>338255170
I dislike this game because of one petty reason; it's a copyright ripoff.
>>
I dislike this game because of one petty reason: It's a cash grab trying to bank on other people's work
>>
It kept me busy until das3 arrived.

I liked the weapon charms and the salt/sailor/ocean/island themes appealed to me.

The few metroidvania aspects were really good and encourages you to visit old places and explore. You could find whole hidden areas and bosses.

For an indie game it's good and entertaining

It's just not tooo special. It's okay to fit in between bigger titles. Can be replayed a few times for different builds and that's it
>>
I dislike this game because of one petty reason; it's a blatant copy paste that doesn't even try to hide that it's unoriginal
>>
You guys act like it's some shitty phone game clone that wholesale rips off everything. Why?
>>
On a second boss fight. Still trouble adjusting to controls even after I remapped them to dark souls defaults.

Also having boss corner you feels complete bullshit.

Other than that seems pretty ok game.
>>
>>338255170
That art style is the same as every other Ska Studios game.
>>
>>338255654
Forgot: Best thing so far: path of exile style skill tree. I want that for future souls games.
>>
>>338255654
You can roll right through the bosses.

I finished my first playthrough with a cutpurse knife as a low sef thief /dex fag. Turn out I played on hard mode.

My warhammer with a buff and the right charm kills bosses in under a minute
>>
File: 20160519170034_1.jpg (283 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160519170034_1.jpg
283 KB, 1680x1050
>>338255595
>weapon charms and the salt/sailor/ocean/island themes
>>338255710
>skill tree
Yeah, forgot about those. They're pretty cool changes from the souls formula. The sanctuary buff system is also pretty cool though I'm not really noticing a difference while playing. Doing jobs to raise the max potion count is pretty neat also.

I'm currently at Hager's Cavern going with a strength greatsword build.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.