[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I want to buy a new PC for gaming. Range is around 1500 euro,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: computer.png (170 KB, 1603x914) Image search: [Google]
computer.png
170 KB, 1603x914
So I want to buy a new PC for gaming. Range is around 1500 euro, pic related is what I got so far.

It's missing a GPU, because I will order that when the new series from Nvida comes out, either gonna buy that or the previous series since they're gonna be cheaper.

Does it look fine? Anything else I need, anything you would change, any recommendations? Do all the parts fit together well?
>>
Try /g/ for this sort of thing, here we shitpost about video games.
>>
>>338253927
Get a 850 Evo and and a WD blue, everything else looks okay. If you only want to play games a i5 6600k is more than enough.
>>
>>338254058
They are mean.
>>
>>338253927
> Expensive aftermarket cpu cooler, expensive z170 board
> non K cpu
>>
>>338254092
Alright, thanks. I'm most worried about the case - they don't have the one I want (nowhere in my country or amazon or neweg).

>>338254174
I'm not going to overclock so I don't really need K, plus for some reason those are not shipping to Austria, where I live.

I'm buying motherboard and CPU cooler for future as well, don't want to be cheap there as I can easily buy a new CPU if I need it.
>>
>>338254174
>not wanting a Alpin turbine to frezze your overclocked CPU anytime
You are right about the main board though, that one is overpriced.
>>
>>338254174
>>338254356
Which motherboard do you recommend then?
>>
>>338253927
Are you sure that that cooler will fit into your case?
>>
>>338253927
>for gaming
>i-7
Don't.
860W is overkill too.
>>
>>338254235
by the time you'll be upgrading from a 6700 you'll need a new motherboard regardless
either get a k processor or drop the motherboard and aftermarket cooling
>>
>>338254482
No, that's the problem. I know nothing about cases. Anything recommended?

>>338254514
Yeah 860w might be a bit too much, since my PC will use maximum of 500w. I also do some work in Unreal engine, thats why I need a more powerful CPU.
>>
>>338254774
Check the dimensions of the case and how big the cooler is. That cooler is huge as fuck and I've never seen it fit into a mid tower unless you want to keep one lid off at all times. Also, I don't really understand where you're trying to go with this build. As far as I know there are no games yet that take advantage of i7 processors. So unless you're willing to do some work with that, it's pointless. If you want a future proof one, then you're better off going with a processor that you can overclock. As for the mobo, it's definitely overpriced, but I can't suggest a mobo right off the bat, you're better off looking at a few reviews and just taking a look at which one performs best, for a better price. Also, you should check how much power your new GPU will require, because I'm pretty sure that 860W is overkill for no reason at all.
>>
>>338254994

You also have to consider the motherboard and where the motherboard sits, since it has some space in the back for cable management and shit.
He also stated here >>338254774 that he works on Unreal engine.
>>
>>338254774
>>338254994
Nevermind, I'm retarded and didn't read the other responses. Still think that i7 won't really give you much for how much it costs.
>>
Wait for 1070
>>
am i reading this right.. 187 euros for the powersupply??? wew, lad, the fuck are you doing?
>all of this backed up by some really crap RAM

many keks had here in this bait thread.
>>
have you considered a pci ssd? I just upgraded too (i'm also holding off on the gpu for the 1080) and i included one in my build, it's fast as shit.
>>
>>338254569
I don't think the cpus come with a cooler so you have to buy one.
>>
>>338253927
>no poptarts
shit nigga what are you doing.
>>
>>338255139
>>338255149
I don't really mind the cost, I have enough money, but I don't want to upgrade again in a year or so, I'm building a PC that should hold a few years (my current CPU is 8 years old and still holds up moderately).

Should I buy a bigger box then? How are these two:
http://www.amazon.de/Phanteks-Enthoo-Chassis-Window-PH-ES614P_BK/dp/B00K6S1B3Q

http://www.amazon.de/Cooler-Master-SGC-5000-KWN1-Trooper-Window/dp/B009VZEQFU/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1463743377&sr=1-2&keywords=Cooler+Master+SGC-5000-KWN1

>>338255317
Which RAM do you recommend?

>>338255442
Maybe, which one do you recommend?
>>
>>338255508
>not maintaining full stock of poptarts at all times
for shame
>>
>>338255317
>>all of this backed up by some really crap RAM

>implying it matters what kind of RAM brand you choose
They're all the same shit, just pick the cheapest one and it's fine. I bet you're one of those people that has OZ OVERCLOCKED one with LED lights on top of it.
>>
Buddy, instead of trying to create your own Frankenstein monster of a PC, just go to logicalincrements.com

They offer the best setups with the best bang for your buck in different tiers and explain what you get from each setup.
>>
>>338256772
That's what I did, but I mix matched a few things since I either can't get them or I don't need them (for example 250 tower box if I can get a similar tower for 100 bucks).
>>
>>338256665
nope, not "one of those people", nice cliche guess though.
i got the RAM with the tightest CAS latency. you'd have to do a little bit of reading to know about that.
yeah what type of RAM you get totally doesn't matter, until you go to install your CPU heatsink and it doesn't clear the RAM and heat spreaders.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.