[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy Gothic 2 >Ready to immerse myself in a vibrant world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
>Buy Gothic 2
>Ready to immerse myself in a vibrant world
>Tea & Cigarettes at the ready
>Ultimate comfy.jpg
>Play for three hours
>Never touch it again

>last played 2/5/2016

Why can't I just immerse myself in rpgs anymore? even with Witcher, I remember years ago I could play an RPG for two weeks straight, now I can barely play three hours at most.

Reminds me of the time I started modding out New Vegas for a new playthrough as I had never really gotten to finishing it, kit that shit up with graphic mods, realism mods etc.

Played for an hour and never touched it again.

Now all I seem to do is start an rpg and never pick it back up again...

Am I losing interest in vidya?
>>
File: 4L_QRnG3eVC.jpg (229 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
4L_QRnG3eVC.jpg
229 KB, 1600x1200
Don't get me wrong, Gothic 2 is among my childhood defining games

But you're literally trying to get immersed with... this

It would be difficult even on acid m8
>>
No.
The only passion I lost is for turn based games.
>>
>>338251001
just took some earlier today
all i can say is you miss the idea entirely
>>
I know your feel, reinstalled KOTOR II 4 times and always ended up playing it for just 5 hours max and drop it again. A few weeks ago i was able to immerse myself into Gothic 3 actually i had lots of fun.... and then my GPU died.
>>
I'd like to immerse myself in Risen (the first one) again sometime.
You start out as such a weak little turd and really gotta WORK to be a little bit stronger.
Everything just murders your ass.
But I wanna find out what that bandit leader is amassing all of the emone for.
>>
File: 1463668899278.jpg (48 KB, 720x459) Image search: [Google]
1463668899278.jpg
48 KB, 720x459
>>338251001
>tfw approaching Old Camp for the first time
>that feeling of safety when inside of the walls
>tfw you only came there to kiss Gomez's ass
>>
>>338249474
because you've done it before, you know what's coming so even if it's a game you haven't played before you've experienced similar enough for it to be boring quickly.
>>
>>338249474
I... actually have the same problem but only with PC gaming.
I bought some games on PC, liked the a lot. Got distracted after a few hours and never touched it again.

I bought the same games on console (because the PS4 controller is comfy) and... Not only I played longer but I actually came back to play them everyday?
>>
>>338253864
I understand man.

As much as I love PC, sitting down on your couch in the aircon with a nice rpg loaded up is so much comfier compared to the computer.

No need to toggle graphics or anything, pop the disc in and play.

Also fuck whoever is like "enjoy your 30fps noob" I'm not a tryhard faggot, I enjoy vidya for the vidya itself not the purty graphics or the ultra highspeed MOTION CAPTURE FRAMES.
>>
Take a break from games, do something new for a while
>>
>>338253864
>>338254117
One word: Big Picture Mode
>>
>>338254407
The point is.

I can sit down on my comfy as fuck couch, feet up on the table, big TV with surrond sound speakers.

And just blast away, it's kinda shit to do that with a medium sized monitor and two tiny speakers on a work desk.
>>
>>338254843
See
>>338254407
>>
>>338255024
Can I play Bloodborne on Big Picture?

Yeah I can't, fuck big picture.

If i want to play on a console I'll play with a TV, not a fucking computer screen.
>>
>>338256375
Moving the goalposts.

Other than a few exclusives, you can do anything on a PC both easier and better than a console.
>>
>>338253864
I had the same but with consoles. I couldn't get immersed in a couch, with a tv far away, and sound propagating throughout the house. Until I got a tv for my desk, right next to my pc monitors, I never finished console games.
>>
>>338249474
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>338256537
The point is I'm not going to have a fucking computer on the coffee table infront of my couch. I also work so that would be a bitch.

What I am saying is, im alot more comfortable playing vidya on a console from the couch with my 40" TV.
>>
File: G2NotR-LH-DX11-001.jpg (497 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
G2NotR-LH-DX11-001.jpg
497 KB, 1920x1080
>>338251001
>But you're literally trying to get immersed with... this
I don't see a problem.
>>
>>338258091
Fuck that.

Last time I tried modding the graphics with that uh, fucking overhaul forgot what it was called.

Blue screened my PC everytime I slept probably because the indoor lighting would just explode when you wake up.
>>
>>338258159
Works on my machine :^)
You can tweak a lot of options in DX11 mod so it runs smoothly and wothout crashing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.