[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snapmap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
Snapmap thread. What have you made? What have you played? Share around.

Are maps playable on different platforms?

Self promotion time.
I made a map on PS4 called rocket jumping alternative, if you search rocket jump, it should be the only thing that comes up.
I'm trying to figure out how to successfully recreate rocket jumping in doom4 so please, test it out and edit it as you wish.
>>
I recreated wow.wad and it's still better than haf the shit out there.

Snapmap sucked and that along with the ok mulitplayer are the only thing keeping Doom from being a perfect 10
>>
>>338243460
I'll check it out.
I agree too, snapmap is missing features that even TimeSplitters2's map creator had, like changing floors and ceilings and themes.
But id said that they will be taking in feedback to update and change snapmap over the next couple years or so
>>
>can't hold more than 2 weapons in a snapmap

This kills the snapmap
>>
>>338243826

If they don't pull their heads out of their asses and fix it soon it will for sure.

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>338243826
Does the pc version have this issue too? I imagine it does but it really makes no sense
>>
>try to join a map
>host is always afk
>try to host
>nobody ever joins
>trying to join again keeps sending me to the afk host
>finally get into a game
>shits laggy as fuck and/or the map sucks
im very disappointed in snapmap so far

i enjoyed the single player quite a bit and it shows the potential of all aspects the game has, but the multiplayer and the snapmap part of the game will be dead by the end of the month

hopefully an expansion/sequel will fix all this because they sure as hell wont waste their time/money overhauling it now
>>
>>338244517
yes it does
>>
>>338243826
You can, it's a lot of fucking around to implement it though, one method is to assign particular button presses (like user interact 1, 2 and the equipment key) to different loadouts so you can effectively hold 6 guns at once, alternatively you can set up a sequencer that changes to another weapon every time the user presses a button, letting them scroll back and forth through a list instead of psuedo-quickswapping, you can give them the entire arsenal of snapmap weapons this way though it's slow to get to the one you want.
>>
>>338243291
>only holding 2 weapons
Dropped.
>>
>SnapMap uses the fucking multiplayer mechanics instead of the singleplayer ones
>Even when map creators have the decency to turn off damage numbers you still can't turn off the fucking hit marker
>Two weapon limit at all times
>Can't place roaming demons on the map like an old school .wad as SnapMap simply won't spawn them after a certain number
>Extremely limited number of stage objects, once you've played a few maps nothing will surprize you anymore

By far the biggest disappointment I have with the game, they fucked it up in every single conceivable way they could have fucked it up.
>>
I CAN'T FUCKING BEAT EN FUEGO
>>
This thread in particular got pretty low interest but if I kept making snapmap threads, would anyone care?
>>
File: ss.png (15 KB, 623x491) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
15 KB, 623x491
>>338247565
I would care and probably petition moot for your removal from this community
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.