[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me guess. An angry middle aged white male voiced by Troy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
Let me guess.

An angry middle aged white male voiced by Troy Baker trying get his previous life back and murdering without pre-thought the 'real bad guys' of the wasteland? All whilst having subpar combat, empty collecathon/destroy towers/bases world and an overpowering upgrade system to create the false feeling of length and depth?
>>
whats your point you nigger
>>
He doesn't give a shit about his old life, for the most part. Rest is spot on, yeah.
>>
>>338242194
so the only appeal to this game is you can harpoon people from your car?
>>
>>338242306
His old life is the V8 Interceptor
>>
File: shotgun.webm (3 MB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.webm
3 MB, 640x400
>>338242317
>>
>>338242727
nothing I havent done in other games
i've flipped cars by shooting at their tires in crackdown. it never gets old.
>>
the problem with modern sandboxes is they make the late game (when you have all the upgrades) feel totally different from the early-mid game. Meaning you become overpowered, life gets easy and you feel cheated by the game.
A good game keeps the flow the same by giving you more tools, and giving new abilities to complete levels previously unaccessable, not to make you overpowered.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462859888901.jpg (17 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462859888901.jpg
17 KB, 500x459
If you're playing an action game for the story, you're missing out on all of the fun.

Maddox has a whole video about how story is so implemented in games that it just ruins our experience if we don't take some games at face value. This is one of those games you should probably just say "fuck it" and play.
>>
>>338243103
not looking for a story, looking for good game design. Max has none.
>>
>>338243154
It's pretty good until you get to Pink Eye. The game is just one of those that throw in "do x shit for upgrade" games and that's what pisses me off. It becomes tedious and mind numbing trying to find the last piece of fucking scrap in every fortress because I have this side of me that wants to be a completionist and I hate it.
>>
>>338243154
did you just start this thread cause you don't like the game
>>
>this fucking game still has the same price on Steam as almost a year ago

What in the flying fuck?
>>
>>338243378
its not a game. its something created by with the help of a focus group.
>we should add upgrades. Just throw in as much as you can without thinking if they affect the game flow. Thats what those popular 'ar pee gees' have right and the kids loved Skyrim right?
>>
>>338243481
That games been like 10 bucks since it first came out.
>>
It wasn't too bad. There was some really fun stuff in it.
If they made a proper sequel that had some real rffort put into it I would buy it
>>
>>338243732
if it wasnt for Steam and the ability for anyone to make a game, the industry would be just AAA publishers copying each other and be dead right about 2016 (new cod not going to sell well, no new ac).
Currently tho thr AAA industry is trying going back to the games roots (Doom 4 kinda tried) but also appealing to the casuals (which is why d44m was a mediocre attempt at doom 1 and 2).
So yeah, publishers are still ruining games.
>>
>>338243481
It already had -66% you cunt
Not to mention it was in last Humble Montly for some $10 with bunch of other games.
>>
Yes hes white, Mel was white after all, Mad Max takes place in Australia after all so yeah hes white, why is his whiteness something to complain about OP? Youre not racist are you?
>>
File: doomcoverart.0.jpg (361 KB, 1070x1500) Image search: [Google]
doomcoverart.0.jpg
361 KB, 1070x1500
>>338244117
if publishers are not copying each other, they are ruining popular franchises.

fuck this industry
>>
File: nat1463351453561.jpg (183 KB, 1260x1024) Image search: [Google]
nat1463351453561.jpg
183 KB, 1260x1024
Stop analyzing and have fun for once!
do you like mad max?
do you like driving around?
do you like batman combat?
do you like car combat and explosions?

p l a y t h e g a m e
it doesn't have to be the meshiah of gaming in order to have fun.
>>
>>338244673
>do you like rehashes and copy paste mechanics
no.
>>
>>338244815
>every game has to be original from the ground up
>i don't give a shit about the mad max world

well don't play this game then.
>>
>>338244815
the combat is similar to batman but what else is rehashed
>>
>>338245003
ac, far cry, skyrim
>>
File: 1449399543402.png (358 KB, 553x548) Image search: [Google]
1449399543402.png
358 KB, 553x548
>game lore is told through a collectathon of old photos
>>
>>338242727
never played this game but I think the bamham combat is completely unsuited to it

I only recently watched Mad Max 1/2 and was surprised at how Max actually felt like he could die, the bad guys in both films (especially the first one) were actually threatening etc

Should have put more emphasis on survival instead of combat
>>
>>338245045
how
>>
>>338245094
>item descriptions are the pinnacle of storytelling
>>
>>338245187
by being the most selling games of the past generation.
you as a publisher would be stupid not to copy them.
>>
>>338242317
Isn't that an enough?
>>
>>338245283
>they sold a lot so they are clearly copied
You can't deny that the driving is unique and even the combat has stuff that makes it different
>>
>>338245432
what is carmageddon?
>>
>>338242131
pretty much, but it was something to play in between releases.
>>
>>338245432
>you cant deny you are the same age as me
>>
>>338245456
driving was the wrong word to use
I meant the car in it's entirety, customization, weapons etc
Quit looking for games to compair this to
so what if it has similarities to other games it's a Mad Max game it can't be unique just for the sake of being unique
>>
>millenials who never watched the original Mad Max
>>
>>338246140
So is the reality of god. He is real because the bible says so.
>>
>>338244942
>every game has to be original from the ground up
>from the ground up
>unimpressive vehicular combat
>lame hand-to-hand combat
>typical shooting
>collectathon
It literally is a rehash from the ground up.

Here's some things they could've done to make it more interesting:
>limit how strong you can get so enemies are a challenge
>severely limit ammunition
>severely limit fuel
>limit map capabilities
>create landmarks that are visible from long distances
>use said landmarks and a (regular) compass to give directions instead of the waypoint meme
>have sandstorms obscure said landmarks to screw up any picnics you've planned
>have vehicular combat revolve around two cars locking against each other
>either by just mashing against each other or by harpooning & dragging them closer
>during which you get out onto your car & fight on top of it while balancing yourself
>can counterraid their car and hijack it for fuel, junk, & tweaks for your car
>since destroyed cars don't allow you to recover fuel & also lose junk in the sands

Did Mad Max even TRY to be a new game?
>>
>>338246368
what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>338244673
bought it 3 days ago

15 hours in, still a shitload of fuck to do

actually worth 10euro
>>
Only wrong about the plot. Voice actor is an aussie and the game has a surprisingly dark ending.
>>
>>338247581
Poor Chum Bucket.
>>
>>338247760
He deserved it.
>>
>>338245094
Game lore is told through a series of movies desu
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.