[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Planet was objectively a great game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 1024x768
Are we ready to stop acting like faggots and admit this game was ahead of its time?
>stable gun combat
>good frame rate
>decent environmental destruction
>FANTASTIC platforming
>excellent level designs
>game was challenging but extremely entertaining
>responsive and intuitive mech controls
>HYPE AS FUCK FINAL BOSS
>Enemies are large, varied, extremely aggressive and responsive
>character designs weren't ugly SJW western shit or weeb shit
>mother fuckers name was WAYNE name one other vidya protagonist with Wayne as a name

>we will never get the real LP2 that picks up where the story left off, game was supposed to be about Wayne learning more of his Fathers role in the company and have warmer, more mammal like Akrid

Lost Planet thread I guess, press f to pay respects to one of the best, most under appreciated games of the last gen.
>>
>>338236139
Didn't we just have this thread?
Archive in less than ten minutes.

People hate it because it isn't a fast and cuhrazzy GO GO GO modern shooter when they advertised it as such.

People just can't appreciate the atmosphere of trudging through the snow in a hostile abandoned environment.
>>
This was one of my favorite games ever and I will never forgive capcom for ending it.
>>
mfw lost planet 3
>>
>>338236139
I tried the game once and always wanted to try it again. Is the first game on PC? Are the sequels bad?
>>
>>338242027
LP is one of the best SP games ever
LP2 is one of the best multiplayers ever
LP3 is LP2 with some improvements

All in all

LP1 will provide you one of the best gaming experiences ever
all the sequels will show you exactly how a future mecha gun action Mon Hun could be done, take your pick.
>>
>>338242027
The first two games are ported, yes.
They use the MT framework engine so they're very stable ports.
>>
I'm not the only one who got massive Megaman Legends vibes from how this game controlled, right?

Seriously, playing Megaman Legends for the first time and picking this up in a second hand store afterwards was a trip.
The way you jump, aim, lots of the tech design, the game feels like it started early development as MML3 but was repurposed into something new.
>>
One of the greats of the gen, the PC version still holds up fantastically, I'm sad I could never get into LP2 thanks to the cuck DRM.
>>
>>338236912
Fuck those people, game is more cuhrazzy than any DMC or MGS when the action is really heating up and you're actually playing the game and using the mechanics well.
>>
>>338242569
If it did, it certainly changed very early in development.
>>
>>338236139
I played the fuck out of lost planet 2 like 10 years ago, whenever it released.
>that boss where you go inside it and blow it the fuck up and it poops you out
hype as fuck.
>>
>>338236912
Made by another the moment the one that was made before disappeared. Probably saw that it was picking up steam and riding off of it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.