[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FROMSOFT's games are getting predictable. Here. I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dark_souls_3_main_art_1.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_main_art_1.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
FROMSOFT's games are getting predictable. Here. I'll spoil Dark Souls 3 DLC for you.

>The DLC area sets in the past or future
>You access it from the Fireless Shrine
>Final boss is the Dark Lord
>Same as Soul of a Cinder but uses heavy weapons and dark magic and hexes
>His second phase activates soul of Manus that he had obtained
>The Primordial Serpents are there in the DLC and you'll get to know more about them.
>The Abyss will make an appearance
>Completing the DLC will break the cycle.
>>
Don't forget the obligatory Manus' theme remix.
>>
File: darkwood_cat.gif (2 MB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
darkwood_cat.gif
2 MB, 400x307
Thanks fampai.
>>
Does anyone else feel like they're also becoming casualised? What was with all the fucking developer messages?
>>
>>338235098

>implying any relevant plot points will appear in the DLC

Get ready to head back in time to Irreleventia and come out with nothing but questions
>>
>>338235426
I would blame Bandai Namco for that.
>>
>>338235426
The game's a straight line with the occasional branch that leads to a dead end and you're worrying about the developer messages?
>>
>>338235426
To be fair Demons Souls had messages telling what damage types to use against certain enemies, presumably because playtesters were getting frustrated that the second level in game was nearly impossible if you tried to Slash your way through it.
>>
>>338235426
Not in any significant way. We all just became accustomed to the things that made them difficult and from didnt really do any spicing up.
The only Dev message I recall that was a bit more handholdy than in previous games was the dancer basin one. Which I don't even know why it was added, it was pretty obvious what you had to do and From has been pretty pro-ask-the-Internet from the get go.
>>
>>338235098
>The DLC area sets in the past or future
Yes
>You access it from the Fireless Shrine
Probably
>Final boss is the Dark Lord
>Same as Soul of a Cinder but uses heavy weapons and dark magic and hexes
>His second phase activates soul of Manus that he had obtained
Doubt it, while DLC are usually lore interesting they are never vital to the story.
>The Primordial Serpents are there in the DLC and you'll get to know more about them.
Maybe, but only because Londor DLC is almost sure, and you won't meet them most likely, just know a little more.
>The Abyss will make an appearance
Most likely.
>Completing the DLC will break the cycle.
But you already did break it, you usurp the flame, whatever the fuck does that does anyway.
>>
>>338235281
I don't ever remember Manus's theme. It's been 3 years since I've heard it.
>>
>>338235701
Yeah, because I only mentioned one thing that means I'm ok with everything else.

Fucking moron
>>
>>338235764
I really miss that from DeS and DS2. In those games if you took off your weapons and punched a skeleton you'd probably one shot it and it was really neat. Especially in 2 where you could 2h your fists. Although that game's enemy variety was pretty junk for it, needed more weird leathery things like 2-x so spears would have a chance to shine.
>>
>>338236905
No but it clearly shows where your priorities lie. The game's a casualized mess not because there are more dev messages, but because the exploration and progression was dumbed down significantly.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.