[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Straight Inquisitor got screwed...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Sera_DAI.png (161 KB, 256x428) Image search: [Google]
Sera_DAI.png
161 KB, 256x428
I'm +50 hours into Dragon Age Inquisition (which is my first) and I just figured out you can have "romance" with some of the characters...

Am I the only one bummed at the fact that the male Inquisitor got royally fucked with the choices? We've even got a fag, for Pete's sakes...
>>
>>338232812
I thought the female adviser on politics was ok and cassandra was cute in her own way. But based on appearance we were indeed screwed.
>>
>>338232812
I wanted Sera so bad. I SETTLED for fucking Cass. She's the only straight party member you could romance.
>>
File: Cass.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cass.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>338233401

Ambassador Montilyet isn't that bad, nor is Cassandra... once I figured you could "date", I somehow started to appreciate more the detail put into dialogues and choices which really flesh out any interest over the poor character design and questionable choices.

>>338233567

I've got to admit that after Sera put me down for being a dude: I haven't been the nicest person around with her (even my choices of dialogue headbutt with her most of the times). While I'll admit that this is just silly me over the game not letting me get it on with the characters I found the most appealing (hell, Leliana is the hottest thing back at the Haven and she's also off limits).

I ain't settlin' for the guy... so, Lady Cassandra will do. Our only savior since the beginning of this fucking mess. :/
>>
>>338233567
Fucking this.
>>
>>338232812
Inquisition has the worst romance in general, not just for straight male players.
>>
>>338232812
>Dialogue icon for flirting is a love heart

>>338233401
>>338233567
>>338234829
Cass is a top-tier romance, and Josie is pretty good.
You can't romance Leliana because if you're doing it right, she's still banging your Warden
>>
>>338237076
>Dialogue icon for flirting is a love heart

I noticed, but it wasn't until later I knew you could even engage in sex with said love interests. Is not like this was as obvious as Persona or Fire Emblem's "love" choices were a bit more "obvious". I've found that still many details of this game elude me.

Probably it is because its still my first DA gaem.

>You can't romance Leliana because if you're doing it right...

Yes, after reading that this mechanic came from past games... you can tell there's at least one lucky motherfucker on that Haven!
>>
>>338238580
>I've found that still many details of this game elude me.
>Probably it is because its still my first DA gaem.
Yeah, it's because it's a more elaborate version of DAII's dialogue wheel - in II which is worth it at least for the romances even if you couldn't sleep with them straight away, you could only flirt with the available love interests and it was pretty obvious where you were taking things. The greater variety in choices for the Inquisition wheel mean it can get kinda lost in translation (Origins had traditional, unvoiced dialogue)

I hope you keep going with it though, if you're having fun Inquisition is pretty good, there's lots of details to pick up. The first two are also worth playing, if you don't mind the different mechanics.

>>338238580
>you can tell there's at least one lucky motherfucker on that Haven!
Yeah, Leliana or Morrigan, though sadly not both
>>
>>338232812
>absolutely no dialog after you kick Sara to the curb for godly elf power

No debate? No trying to turn her into a proper elf? Nothing? Really?

Not even in the expansion? The fuck, bioware.
>>
File: laceharding.png (1 MB, 1024x568) Image search: [Google]
laceharding.png
1 MB, 1024x568
>>338240005

Thanks! I'm actually knee deep into the making missions, getting people to work for the Inquisition and all around filling my boots as the Herald of Andraste. It's a very well written game, there's plenty of stuff to keep one busy and the customization is insane (though, convoluted through a bunch of menus).

The gameplay took me a while to get used to since I came from plowing through the Souls' games and I thought it would be somewhat similar. Felt clunky at first and when I got the hang of it: it was just right. I'm here until these damn Rifts disappear!

Meanwhile, I'll flirt with Cassandra and Josie. Nobody is talking about Lace Harding... it is because she is a dwarf? ;)
>>
>>338240905
No worries, there is definitely a lot to do if you're interested in all the sidequests, and a hell of a lot to keep track of between those and the characters. Just remember that apart from clearly marked plot locations like Redcliffe Castle, Therinfal Redoubt, The Winter Palace (where it's obvious that you're only there for the plot to advance) you never really have to do everything in a region at once - all of the open-world locations have a pretty large distribution of sidequests and enemy levels, so don't feel like you /have/ to clear an area when you get there the first time.

I'm glad you're having fun though, especially coming from the Souls games. It's probably the most action-oriented of the DA series, so keep that in mind if you decide to try the others, but it's good you enjoy it.

>>338240905
>Meanwhile, I'll flirt with Cassandra and Josie.
Both are excellent romances, good taste anon.
>>338240905
>Nobody is talking about Lace Harding... it is because she is a dwarf? ;)
Sadly, it's because she doesn't have a proper romance path - you can only properly Romance your party members or Advisors.
She is cute when you flirt with her, though, and it never conflicts with any other romance you might attempt!

Good luck anon, I hope you continue to enjoy it.
>>
>>338242872

Thanks for the advice! I try to leave an area as finished as possible and I like to run around and check every corner possible (the map is by far one of the most tricky ones I've played with). Probably this is why I've racked over +50 hours there!

>>Sadly, it's because...

That's a bummer. At least we still have a couple excellent ladies to flesh out the rest of this journey with!

May the Maker be with you! ;)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.