[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else there is a huge loss of quality in their games lately?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: Blizzard.png (295 KB, 690x330) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard.png
295 KB, 690x330
Anyone else there is a huge loss of quality in their games lately?

Warlods of Draenor
Diablo 3
Heroes of the storm
Overwatch (20 tick and weird hitbox)
Starcraft 2 became a gimmicky 1shot everything unit builder rather than a strategic RTS
>>
File: jpg.png (277 KB, 436x559) Image search: [Google]
jpg.png
277 KB, 436x559
>tfw no money for overwatch
Suicide
>>
WoW is beyond saving.
Diablo 3 was fine on release from my perspective, but only because I made back all the money I paid for it by selling all my gold to chinamen.
HotS - didn't try, looks like shit.
Overwatch is fine, and the only reason to care about the low tickrate is if you're a tourneyfag or keen on playing high ranked. It's completely fine for casual fun, which is what it delivers.
SC2 is just a bad game compared to WC3 desu.
WC4 when?
>>
>>338231687
The ridiculous high quality of Blizzard games ended around Diablo II.
>>
>>338232031
Heroes ruined the warcraft serie
>>
>>338232031
D3 or literally any ARPG that's trying to have players should have a RMAH / again.
>>
>>338231687
Haha lets beat this dead horse into the ground. All the blizzard games suck and if you like them...SHILL. haha look guys I'm cool now I did the memes just like they said on Reddit
>>
File: wowfix.png (43 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wowfix.png
43 KB, 800x600
>>338232031
>WoW is beyond saving.
Meme.
>>
>>338232459
Yeah, that totally makes up for the fucked PvP, flying mounts, lack of forced community collaboration, dungeon travels, and a shitload of other things wrong with the modern version.
>>
>>338231687
>>338232031
Ranked is probably going to use the higher tick rate servers once it gets added back into the game, or shortly after once enough people complain about it. The only reason why wouldn't is because they haven't spooled up enough cloud servers yet and want to see how much demand this is for it. It's already got the higher tick rate as an option for custom games that's been in use for every scrim and tournament match since it was added.
>>
>>338232625
>fucked PvP
PvP's fine.

>flying mounts
What does that have to do with anything? It's probably not even announced if the xpac will have flying.

>lack of forced community collaboration
Fixes it actually.

>dungeon travels
Hm?
>>
File: 1372374213168.jpg (260 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
1372374213168.jpg
260 KB, 940x529
>>338232357

>>338232125
This
>>
>>338231687
>lately
Try six years
>>
Diablo 2 and Brood War were a long time ago now buddy. Ultimately Blizzard isn't one entity, it's made up of people who come and go from the company. The people who worked there in the golden days have moved on to other jobs over the years.

There's nobody left at Blizzard who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>338231687
>Lately
Since I grew up with warcraft1,2 and Diablo/Starcraft, I can safely say that yes.

Pretty much anything after Warcraft 3 got worst and worst. D3 was the last game I was looking forward, but I should have knew after SC2...
>>
>>338232357
there's nothing wrong with saying things that are true
>>
Honestly? The devs that remain on their teams don't create games they want to play anymore. If there is any one thing we can take from WoW release to Early Wrath, they had a design philosophy they intended to stay close to, because it was ultimately the MMO they wanted to play.

Now those devs have left, retired, quit, greener pastures, etc. And we're left with a marine biologist who made a few mods and destroyed late Wrath to prior to WoD (Ghostcrawler), a guy that purged Star Wars Galaxies with the CU then jumped ship to be a high end TBC dev, IE added in badges (J. Allen Brack), a lawyer whom actually has made competent raid encounters (Ion Hazzawhatits) and finally a yes man whom ruined the legacy of Diablo and somehow after that retained a high level position and then created the worst MMO expansion in history in WoD (Jay Wilson).

They look at numbers, they look at the surveys, they shill here, they destroyed any community they might have ever had. They couldn't even create another fucking MMO with Titan crashing and burning so instead played it safe with a MOBA shooter.

One thing they still do above most AAA devs these days is high level of polish. Can't take that away from them.
>>
>>338233116
>left with a marine biologist

He's gone, too. He works for Riot.
>>
>>338233206
I know, that's why I said prior to WoD, his mark has been left on the game, LFG, LFR, homogenization etc. That shit isn't ever going away now.
>>
>>338231687
WoD was interesting when it came out and rather good quality at the start, but the eventual lack of content and quality in the end areas/end game made it pretty shit.
Diablo 3 was fucked till reaper of souls but hey I think the game was pretty good after reaper of souls, though the polish on D3 was quite the fuck up.
Heroes of the Storm, well I only played a couple matches so I'm not an expert but playing as blizzard heroes didn't make up for how shit it felt.
Starcraft 2 was never my game, I was a warcraft fag so I only did the main campaign, which I enjoyed the story but it was no warcraft.
Overwatch I think has easily one of the best polishes and defined game direction as far as what they wanted to make and do in the gaming industry. So many games now a days do 18 different things subpar, but having three things they nailed on the fucking head makes me disagree there is loss of quality.
>Tl;dr Diablo 3 and HotS are definitely poor quality, D3 and WoD were mediocre quality, and Overwatch is truely meant to be seen as far as how it will be recieved over a couple months of game play.
>>
>>338233116

The only good thing about blizzard is their art department.
>>
>>338233116
You can't really complement them for polish in the condition that WoW is. Everything that's polished about it (IDK, movement and stuff) remains from previous design.
>>
>>338233591
They're the only ones with souls left, probably because regardless of what level of art/music design you're in, you're still a creative individual at your core.

>>338233665
That's fair.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-20 00.14.37.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-20 00.14.37.png
1 MB, 1360x768
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>338232031
>WC4
Why on earth would you want a new warcraft made by modern blizzard? Literally everyone except for Metzen has left the company since WC3
>>
>>338231687
>lately
Walk it back a bit further, to the first release after Activision bought them out.
>>
>>338235134
First release? Try first patch.

>Merger begins in Dec 07
> WoW: Patch 2.4.0 25 Mar 2008
>New Badge Gear!
>>
>>338234108
looks like a pretty bad ui at laptop screen res
>>
>>338235689
LUI is perfect.
>>
>>338234923
The same delusion which brought about Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

>Yes, WoW sucks a huge dick and all the original developers are long gone...
>BUT I just know if we let this hodgepodge make a sequel in one of the yet not defiled franchises it will turn out amazing!

Fool me once... twice... thrice... and either I belong in an asylum or I'm the biggest Activision Blizzard nostalgia cock-sucking faggot alive.
>>
>>338233116
>played it safe with a MOBA shooter
See this is how it's easy to tell you're a cosmological mongoloid. Why is doing something new, especially for them, playing it safe?
HOTS was and probably still is shit
SC went down hill
D3 is fun now
Hearthstone is fun
Over watch is fun
WoW is a drug, an old drug where better and more addictive ones are now available

Considering all good things come to an end, and their old things are still played, and 2/3 of their new things are great, is say blizzard are fine.

People here are just fucking hipsters who try so hard to go against opinions of the "public" because they think coming here makes them special.

You're all a bunch of fucking memesters desu
>>
>>338237006
>Why is doing something new, especially for them, playing it safe?
because its the latest meme genre
kys
>>
I'd agree content wise blizz games are lacking but actual quality wise (bugs or glitches) they're still solid. I feel like so many game devs now don't give a fuck about fixing bugs. I blame bethsada.
>>
>>338233116
FUCKING

THIS
>>
>>338232357

How fucking new are you?
>>
>>338233392
blizzard still played it safe by rehashing tf2 with some niché ideas added on to it

get fucking cucked blizzdrone
>>
>>338237006
>Why is doing something new

looooooooooooooooooooooool
>>
>>338233392
>Wod was interesting

stopped reading right there you fucking cancer cell
>>
>>338231687
Blizz is past their prime. activision ruined them
>>
>>338237006
>doing something new

Do you realize how easy it is to rehash tf2 with billions of dollars? 9/10 bait
>>
>>338237687
>>338237956
>>338237091
Oh yeah I forgot about all those other shooters blizzard made.
>>
>>338237006
They failed with their actual MOBA, Heroes. They failed their first attempt at creating any kind of shooter, Starcraft: Ghost. They failed at creating another MMO, Titan. What we know is Overwatch is bits and pieces of Titan turned into an Arena shooter that has MOBA abilities.

It's easy to forget, their business partners have being beating the shooter market to death for how long now? So to say that's outside of their comfort zone is far fetched. And what they did MOBA-wise with Overwatch is what Heroes didn't, not reinvent the wheel. Oh and they're all super heroes and villians? Geez what movies come out now that print fucking money even if their utter shit? Hmmmmmm... Total that up? Pretty safe.

Gotta pull your head out of the sand anon, /v/ isn't a special club that aren't hot on Blizz. A large chunk of the internet is tired of their new philosophies. See Legacy Backlash bullshit. And I don't even what legacy.
>>
>>338231687
>20 tick

That's literally the only criticism I send for this game, and it's a criticism I never see for any other game.
>>
File: 1444265376486.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444265376486.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>338233116
>being this mad about WoW

Game was always shit

My only regret is not giving more money to Blizzard
>>
>>338239121
Nah, not even about WoW. More mad about D3 and how Jay Wilson still is employed there. I played FFXI
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.