[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Obsidian Fallout Game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (139 KB, 552x161) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139 KB, 552x161
So whats the possibilities of this?

New Vegas expanded so much on Fallout 3 and I'm dying to see what Obsidian could make with Fallout 4s engine, I just want to go back west again
>>
Never going to happen. Research for yourself faggot.
>>
>>338220841

it the same engine as fallout 3's and the same engine as oblivion but they tacked more shit on to each game thus giving it the illusion of it being something new to people are blind and retarded
>>
>>338220841
It will never happen because your average consumer doesn't care about quality, only that it has bethesda's logo on it
>>
They said they're willing to do it, so the balls in Bethesdas court.

They've got enough going on not have to aggressively pursue it so it just depends if Bethesda want to go down that route.

I wonder if it embarsses them that new vegas was so much better than 3, despite not giving them enough time to finish it and cutting their QA budget in half.
>>
>>338222801
Thats so wrong. The average consumer doesn't even recognise developers or publishers, only brand names like "call of duty" or "grand theft auto"
>>
I doubt that Bethesda would let them make another Fallout game because it would very likely be better than Fallout 4. People realized that this was the case with NV being a lot better than 3. I don't think Bethesda want someone to take their product and show how much better they can do it than Bethesda.

If it were to be made, it wouldn't be a sequel to New Vegas because they'd have to make one of the endings canon. What made New Vegas good was that the best ending was pretty subjective, and just straight up deciding who took control of the Mojave/Vegas would probably kill a lot of player's enthusiasm for the game. Obsidian have said if they were to do a game it'd be set in one of the southern states. Even then, I think most of the important figures that worked on NV ended up leaving anyway.

I think it's unlikely.
>>
>>338224224
I think this too.

I think they want to forget New Vegas existed because it shits all over 3 and 4.
>>
Considering how Bethesda failed to improve upon Fallout 3 at all even after Obsidian spoonfed them on how to do it I don't think they'd want to be exposed anymore than they already were
>>
>>338224224
>I don't think Bethesda want someone to take their product and show how much better they can do it than Bethesda.

But that's already happened, and you have a lot of people now bugging Bethesda asking if they're going to work with Obsidian again to let them make a new game. Hell, the speculation started like a week after the game's launch. They can't unring that bell. If they were smart, they'd do it and just rake in the cash at best. At worst, do it, rake in the cash, and then use some kind of contractual fuckery to bankrupt and then absorb Obsidian so they can bring them "in house" - gutting them in the process and just using the Obsidian name to sell future titles.

My guess is that they're keep people in the dark until at least the last the of the DLC is launched. People will be more apt to buy it if they're resigned to the idea that Obsidian will never touch the franchise again. Otherwise they risk people just sitting out on the DLC and waiting for Obsidian's game.
>>
>>338220841
>>338220841
>Obsidian without Avellone
>Obsidian proven that even without any publisher, their games are still shit-teir buggy
>Obsidian that proven that they cannot into fun gameplay

hell no. they are just comparable to bethesda
>>
File: 1453113526626.png (113 KB, 241x255) Image search: [Google]
1453113526626.png
113 KB, 241x255
>>338220841
>Fallout 4's engine
>>
>>338225719
>Avellone meme
he was a one-hit wonder, get over it
Cain and Boyarsky are responsible for more cRPG classics and Sawyer is the best thing to happen to Fallout after the first one
>>
>>338222078
> same engine but someone decided to actually make decent content
is something wrong with this?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.