[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did we ever find out why the Wii U was such a fucking colossal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1396808382769.jpg (110 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1396808382769.jpg
110 KB, 500x500
Did we ever find out why the Wii U was such a fucking colossal failure?
>>
It's all down to the gimmicky gamepad and developers lack of creative use for it.
I think it's also partially the face the users just didn't want to give the gamepad a chance.
If they shipped a wii u with the controller only, I bet sales would spike.
>>
>>338213465
No, but we sure figured out real fucking fast why this thread is
>>
>>338213465
It would be easier to list the ways in which it wasn't a failure. Shitty gimmick, shitty name, shitty hardware, no Metroid, no Zelda.
>>
It was pretty much shit all around. Overall shitty.
>>
>>338213465
Why are SonyPonies so desperate?
>>
>>338213465
Because after the first month, if it doesn't sell well (I mean they all have 0 games when they start...) Everyone starts freaking out and says
"OMG DON'T GET IT, ITS GONNA FAIL."
then it keeps stacking each month.
>>
>>338213465
Same reason the Wii failed...

>Last generation hardware.
>Gimmick "revolutionary" interaction.
>Infrequent releases of sequels to Nintendo's most popular franchises.
>Marketing directed to children who can't afford to purchase the console's ridiculous accessories.

Adults who collect Amiibos are a joke.
>>
File: 1461203020140.jpg (63 KB, 440x359) Image search: [Google]
1461203020140.jpg
63 KB, 440x359
>>338214341

This!!!
>>
>>338214341
>b-but Sony

If I had a nickel for everytime someone said this
>>
>>338213465
Lacks third party support.
Relied on casuals for monetary success like the Wii but the retarded name caused a marketing nightmare.
>>
>>338213465
>Name confused the fuck out of people
>fucking drought in it's first year which ruined any momentum it had
>on board software is garbage
>VC isn't even on par with Wii with library and runs like shit (excluding GBA/DS/Wii)
>no Wii/GC downloadable titles near launch
>gamepad can't be used for Wii mode
>3rd parties dropped the fuck out in 2 years despite some great ports/multiplats
I could go on
>>
Nintendo kiddies only buy shitendo games

It's the fan base
>>
>>338214565
>op image basically saying "SONY IS BETTER"
>b-but stop mentioning sony!
Sonypony
>>
Look at it this way: You're a videogame company in every sense of the word. You painstakingly design game experiences that's challenge the preconceptions of the medium, you build hardware that seamlessly adapt with the aforementioned games, put thousands of man hours into these interactive works. You make a craft out of it, to the point where the competition doesn't want to go toe to toe with you on the same platform. You look at your work in amazement, and decide, out of sheer curiosity to find out who is playing these games, who are the people who are making your art a reality. Then you realize the only people who play your videogames are unemployed mangirls raised by single moms who are a blight upon society. It hits you that you've been wasting your life putting incredible care into products that are being devoured by human filth.
And that's why they decided to cater to grannies and investment bankers with the piipoo, because their core nintendo fan audience was deplorable and fucking disgusting.
Seriously, kill yourselves, nintendo kiddies. You make me retch.
>>
Because the general video game consumerbase doesn't actually care about the quality of games anymore, just about whatever heavily advertised games have the most cinematic bullshit. That coupled with Nintendo doing a horrendous job marketing it sealed it's fate.
>>
too expensive, the entire concept of the console is just weird, and most importantly there were literally no games for like 2 years
>>
Probably because it has the horsepower of a fucking phone.

All things considered, the controller's alright, the games are good, it has free online, but the tech's like two generations out of date.

It's why the NX is probably going to fail too even though I'll most likely buy one.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.