[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to experience Metroid Prime? With GC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
What's the best way to experience Metroid Prime?

With GC controller or Wii motion controls?
>>
wii
>>
>>338211681
how the fuck do I beat omega pirate with wii mote pls help
>>
One of the few times motion controls were better than the regular controls.
>>
>>338211681
\V\ told me that Motion control is the invention of nigger jew kike noncis faggot hebes
>>
>What's the best way to experience Metroid Prime?

By not playing it at all, because it's actually a pretty shitty game.
>>
File: 5f7.png (255 KB, 605x358) Image search: [Google]
5f7.png
255 KB, 605x358
>>338212328
Fuck off faggot.
>>338211681
The Wii controls are actually not bad with MP1 and 2. I prefer them because it makes transitioning to 3 easier when replaying the whole trilogy.
>>
>>338211681
Wii montion controls and the HTC Vive using Dolphin's VR hack.
>>
Don't listen to the memers, use GC controller
>>
FPS games really are the greatest use of motion controls. Feels far more natural than most other uses of it.
>>
>>338212328
This desu. Just play a Super ROMhack if you like Metroid 3 or do a make-your-own-map run of NEStroid or RoS. Anything is better than gimped Halo
>>
I've only played 1&2 on the gamecube so I can't tell. But I didn't enjoyed MP3 as much partly because of the forced wiimote controls.
>>
>>338211681
I say GC controller. Aiming is just annoying as fuck with a wiimote. If you think that won't be a problem, go wiimote, but I recommend GC.
>>
>>338211681
Wii
>>
>>338212328
This tbqh desu. Metroid
Prrime is a babby tier first person shooter, if you could even call it that. It tries its best to do everything but it fails at anything.
>>
>>338211821

I find missiles are most effective at hitting his shoulders. Then use a power bomb to fuck up his legs.

I used to use the Plasma Beam on him because I figured it did the most DPS but it's so short ranged he will fuck you up with his melee half the time you try and get potshots on him.

Ever since I started using missiles and power bombs I can beat the boss with 1 energy tank usually.
>>
Personally I couldn't stand the motion controls and much prefer the controls in the gamecube version. Lots of people seem to think the opposite, though, so I guess it's just personal preference.

The Wii version does have some very minor graphical downgrades (mostly effects that had to be removed because the motion controls let you move your arm in new directions), but I believe it supports widescreen.
>>
>>338211681
Give them both a shot. It may be worth noting that you can't do some fun tricks on the Trilogy version, but if you're not interested in skips and shit, then both are equally serviceable.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.