[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (68 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
68 KB, 460x215
Name a flaw
>>
Not enough passive synergies and no cosmetic changes on item pickup.
>>
Too much crap:good ratio for stuff you can pick up.
I'm willing to guess that you unlock the good stuff after playing it for a few hours, but not even BoI required that much time before you found something good.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
You.
>>
Too hard, I can't get past the 3rd floor
>>
Every run starts so boring and slow.
>>
>>338209219
Glitch chests and rainbow chests too rare.
>>
>>338209601

After unlocking close to 95% of the items in BoI I actively seek out DMG+ and fire rate bonuses.

Because you literally can't go wrong with hitting harder, since you eventually learn to dodge everything.
>>
>>338209219
Slow pacing, boring item synergy, 80% of the guns are gimmicky shit, per-weapon ammo system
I was hyped about this game at first but as soon as I learned it was literally BoI with free aim and less interesting shit to find, I wished I could have refunded it
Exit the dungeon
>>
Can't stop a run and continue it later.
>>
>>338209813
this x1000
I really want to like these kinds of games and this one seemed especially promising, but they all start off so slow. This one being the absolute worst in that department.
Half my playtime (at least) has been spent using only the starting weapon, it's so boring.
>>
>>338210105
Start with the Hunter and use the crossbow. That was my main complaint until I did. Now my 4~5 floor runs last about 20 minutes average.
>>
>In area 3 without weapons better than the starting pistol and no upgrades

Fuck this game and fuck this genre 2bh.
>>
>>338209813
I'd like to add to what this anon said.
Most people who played this mostly compared it to BoI (and with good reason).
On BoI, you'll finish 80% of your first floors with something diferent about your character. A diferent way of moving, or a diferent way of attacking.
When you enter the third level, your character is already widely diferent from before.
In Enter the Gungeon? Nah. Not really.
Unless you luck out and find one of broken weapons/upgrades that are what, 7% of the crap that can spawn?

BoI also had shitty items. Some were actual literal shit too. But I'd say the ratio between useless and usefull was closer o 50% or 60%.
Here on this game? After looking at the wiki, I'll say 15% of your pickups are trully usefull, with 10% being usefull but situational.
The rest is either crap, or barely an upgrade at all that just makes you wish you had one of the usefull things instead.
That's the whole game right there: "Man, why didn't I get that gun/upgrade instead of this crap.

Also keys. Holy fuck, have I a rage boner for how keys work in this game.
>start with one key
>farm first and second level
>enough to buy one key and another upgrade on sale, since there's almost never 2 keys for sale on both shops
>the two levels have 4 chests
Get fucked.
>>
>>338209219
It's a worse binding of isaac
>>
>>338209219
The game loading times and restarts take too long for a arcade style game
>>
HP Scaling
>>
>>338210747
You're fucking with me.
This game has that shit too?
>>
>>338210796
The basic enemies take roughly 3 shots with the basic starter gun on the first floor, 4 on the second, etc.
>>
>>338209219
Pacing isn't very good, almost no ways to modify what the guns actually do, not much gun variety.
>>
>>338209219
Reloading.
>>
It's not Binding of Isaac
>>
>HP Scaling
>Not enough items to make a run "fun"
>Too many shitty items that are literally reskins, but more terrible
>Secrets are really hard to find, that is if they even SPAWN
Overall, game is still in the works, having constant updates, and is fixing up a save and exit feature.
>>
>>338210969
Are they the same basic enemies?
OR did they atleast made new one's?
Fuck, even a pallet swap atleast.

>>338211034
Reloading could be a good mechanic.
Sadly, it doesn't interact with anything else, and does nothing for the game except "you don't shoot for a second. There you can shoot again".
On games that focus on realism, yeah sure.
On games like this, you can't just toss mechanics like that without thinking on what it does to the gameplay.
>>
I won't pretend that me playing Nuclear Throne almost religiously didn't already set me up for disaster but holy shit is everything just slow and takes a year to kill, and for a game that boast about it's gun count only a few of them are good.
>>
I feel like there isn't enough interesting passive items and synergies

The fact that the guns have such limited ammo discourages you from using them. The game would probably be a lot more fun if you were only able to carry a few guns but each one of them had way more ammo
>>
>>338211232
I like reloading purely because they allowed the transforming guns to exist.
>>
Its isaac but they forgot that what made isaac interesting was the the couple hundred items that could change how your character looked and worked without 90% of them being complete shit
>>
>>338211981
You can have any number of passive items at once, but can only use one gun at a given time. Because of this you should have way more passives than guns, because it'll make item drops on average worth a lot more. Instead they did the exact opposite, making a ratio of like 10 guns for every passive, and most of the passives irrelevant shit like ammolets and heart containers.

If they got that balance right the game probably could have been fantastic, but they pulled a Chucklefish and fucked it up because they had no idea what they were doing.
>>
>>338212102
And I wanted more of that.
There's plenty of interesting things they could have done with reloading, but unless you get one of the very specific weapons that use it (like the transforming weapons) it just kind is there.

Another thing for instance:
You can shoot locked chests and get loot from them. This means you get lower quality loot than what the chest would have given you, but you at least get something.

You'd think this kind of thing would be mentioned in-game, but nope. Google a wiki and find out!
Things like the curse status I understand. They're meant to be secret and not widely known.
But this is something basic that would eliminate the frustrations of players who get to the third level with only one additional gun for instance.
Forcing players to read wiki about the game is hallmark of shitty design.
>but you should just attempt to shoot the chest normally and discover it!
Not on a game that focus on limmited ammo. The first thing you think when you get a new weapon is "wow, I better save ammo for the boss and some tough enemies instead of shooting it around like a retard".
>>
File: FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD.png (528 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD.png
528 KB, 1920x1080
>>338212479
I love this game but I agree with you completely. If there were more passives/passives were more common the game would be ten times better. As is, the bullet modifiers like fat/electric/heavy/angry/whatever are some of the funnest items in the game that make even shittier guns like the nail gun or the klobbe or half the revolvers that are mediocre at best good or even great. But the good passives NEVER show up, and you're hardly ever going to get combinations of them.

Fun shit like the broken combinations in Isaac CAN happen, they're just incredibly, sadly rare.
>>
File: 1362177785893.png (508 KB, 1020x875) Image search: [Google]
1362177785893.png
508 KB, 1020x875
Way too slow
every playthrough was an insufferable slog
>>
File: killthepast.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
killthepast.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>338209219
>>
>>338209974

honestly this

i've played enter the gungeon for 140 hours and i have NEVER once seen a glitched chest, and a rainbow chest only 1 time ever
>>
>>338209219

every character but bullet sucks

bullet is the best but also op because he can just swat bullets away taking away most of the challenge of dodging
>>
>>338212785
Don't let your expectations get in the way of fun.
>>
>>338209219
Shit pacing
Weak gunplay
Simplistic patterns
Awful creature design
Horrendous pixel "art"
Low pickup variety
Nonsensical room design (you can stand behind columns despite it trying to be a bullet hell game)
Bad animations
Bad sound design - music, effects, the whole shebang

The good:
Teleporting to rooms you already visited cuts off backtracking.
>>
No multiplayer.
>>
>>338210105
Every roguelite is like that, even Nuclear Throne. There you can theoretically die at any moment and enemies die fast, but in reality most people who invest enough time into it have no worries up until Lil' Hunter which can take 15 minutes or so.

FTL had horrendously slow combat and at least first three regions are just going through motions.

Isaac is pointless without damage. Boredom kills you.

Roguelite is THE western pixelshit genre and needs to die off. But it won't because it's designed around skinner box mechanics.

Of course no one will remember Gungeon because it has worse pacing than all other roguelites combined.
>>
Why is it so hard to make a roguelike that doesn't fucking suck shit
The closest to a good rogue is BoI but even that game has it's own share of problems.
>>
>>338215202
>any of these games
>roguelikes
>>
>>338212479
Couldn't agree more. I'm really tired of getting table techs and ammolets, give me some god damn bullet modifiers
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.