[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get Stellaris /v/? Will it eventually be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
Should I get Stellaris /v/? Will it eventually be good?
>>
>>338206589
wait for goty edition
>>
Hopefully. It's a curious case because it has many, many deep flaws, but at the same time it's easy to kind of ignore them if you're playing casually.
Generally when complete structures and systems are broken, you feel it significantly, here not so much.
>>
>>338206772
>It's a curious case because it has many, many deep flaws

Name 3.
>>
>>338206867
AI (both enemy as well as ally (sectors))
Combat (broken with special care on every level)
Balance (every system from ethos over government types to technology has obvious OP choices)
>>
Wait for the movie
>>
>>338206589
It's super comfy once you get the hang of it. There's a lot to keep track of but the game has features that let you keep the stress down.
>Will it eventually be good?
I mean, this is a Paradox game, there's 10 years of DLC and patches assuredly lined up, so if you ply it and don't think it's good now just know this isn't /really/ the absolute finished product.
>>
>>338206589
It's for for about 10 hours. Which is unfortunately past the steam refund time.
>>
>>338206589
Needs updates and more content. Diplomacy is practically non-existant
>>
I suggest checking out this review: http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2016/05/18/bone-dry-sci-fi-stellaris-game-doesnt-even-work/
>>
File: 20160518000533_1.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518000533_1.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>338206867
Incredibly simple diplomacy makes for a snoozefest of a midgame.
Late game crises are horribly broken, especially the Prethoryn scourge.
Unbalanced combat renders fleet composition meaningless in lieu of corvette spam.
Shitty worldgen leads to situations like pic related.
>>
>>338208392
That's a little harsh but it's generally true. There is a lot to improve in Stellaris. And I agree, while it is commendable that Paradox tried to do something different, they sure lost hella polish and quality in the process.
>>
play cursader kings 2 instead
>>
>>338209002
But i want fantasy/sci-fi
>>
>>338208751
Wait, what? if you Corvette Spam you fuck everyone up?
>>
There is 0 reason to play Stellaris instead of Distant Worlds Universe unless you're a retarded monkey
>>
>>338208751
And this is why you pick hyperdrive
>>
>>338209419
Totally. Evasion is broken, meaning you can't hit them. Armor only reduces percentile damage, meaning you can't simply tank them with larger ships.
>>
>>338209684
Fuck me, that explains a lot of things.
>>
File: 1440519610997.jpg (21 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1440519610997.jpg
21 KB, 240x240
>>338209684
>Defensive AI
>Admiral with evasion traits
>Fast as fuck fleet of untouchable rapeboats
>>
>>338209684
What about shields m8?
I just got my shit rekted by an equal strength fleet except their ships have shields and mines only have armor.
>>
>>338209407
Short of the setting Sellaris will give a sci-fi fan nothing. Aliens are boring. The galaxy and its empires are boring. Some technologies make for interesting gameplay interactions (gene modification, robot rebellion for example) but most of them are boring too.
>>
>>338209547
looks like ass
>>
>>338209002
Casual shit.
Paradox have been on a downward spiral since Ck2.
>>
>>338210000
Torpedoes say hi
>>
>>338210000
Shields are better, but you can still get 100% accurate weapons that ignore them entirely.
>>
>>338209594
how would hyperdrive help that in any way wormholes couldnt?
>>
>>338210000
Yeah armor's not very good too. Shields are better but really, all that matters is evasion.

Also note that there is a big rock-paper-scissor element to the weapon choice. Energy loses to shields, missiles lose to point defense, projectiles lose to armor.
>>
>>338209594
Hyperdrives don't stop lmao2sol, retard.
>>
Why are the human portraits so shit? They're so ugly.
Only thing that would make me want to play them is if they were cute anime girls or neps.
>>
>>338210428
Didn't see that. Thought the issue was jump distance or something
>>
Just pirate the game and see if you like it. I did and bought it because I was enjoying myself so much.

I completely understand why some of you wouldn't though. The game obviously needs some fixing and expanded content like most 4x games do on release.

>>338206867
>Bugs, so many bugs
>Horrendous UX (leader died on a planet? yeah that's like 5 windows to go through to replace them)
>Poor AI
>Unbalanced weapons
>Sectors are poorly done (spaceports, pop traits/resources, upgrading cap building)
>Sectors ruin slavery
>Frustrating whack-a-mole space combat
>Incomprehensible defender war goals
>Defense stations are irrelevant
>Federation debacles
>Trade?
I>nteresting diplomacy

But there are a lot of things I do like: lifting races, building robots, modifying genes, and the writing. By far my favorite part of the game has been the writing. It really shines through as the high point of the game, and made playing through the majority of it worth it.
>>
Does hyperdrive-only prevent you from researching jump drives?
>>
>>338210764
you stay on your starting drive for most of the game, but lategame you can get other, improved techs, yea
>>
>>338206867
>really awful optimization after ~100 years, game really noticeably chugs even with an i7 2600k and a gtx980ti, like don't you dare zoom into a system with a fleet present
>ai completely ignores end game crises like unbidden or the swarm even though their empire is being torn apart from the inside out
>warscore as a concept was implemented very poorly, making wars a complete chore after like 50 years game length
>>
>>338206589
yes but it will also eventually be on sale

wait
>>
>>338210841
Even if you ban everyone else in the galaxy from using other travel types at the start, too?
>>
>>338206589
Just wait, it needs patches, a LOT of patches.
>>
>>338210941
>>really awful optimization after ~100 years, game really noticeably chugs even with an i7 2600k and a gtx980ti, like don't you dare zoom into a system with a fleet present

I never had a problem with it and I'm running the game on a Q6600 Stock and a HD5770 with at 800 years or so.
>>
>>338210941
>game really noticeably chugs even with an i7 2600k and a gtx980ti
fug. I'm playing on a macbook pro and I'm scared of what it will look like even though I never played past 40 years
>>
Eventually? It is good.
>>
This technically seems good, but i think i'll check it in like 4 months to see if it's playable
>>
>>338211339
The only good part about it is POP management, and even that's hamstrung by sectors and still simpler than Vicky 2.
>>
>>338211143
i don't know what to say. are you running with all your visuals maxed? because i would get into wars and i could probably count the number of frames per second on my fingers. were you watching fights take place or anything like that? fleets move from system to system? because i could understand running without a hitch if you just watched the political map the whole time.
>>
>>338211489
>visuals maxed
wat. There are graphics options?
>>
>>338211489
Battles do slowdown a bit when I watch them but not really to the point of being unwatchable. I really don't know how to explain it at this point.

I'll stress test it and report next thread.
>>
>>338210941
>playing on 1,000 star galaxy
>the game is performing fine for a long while
>get to about 2350, and all the big empire blobs have just about finished growing into uncolonized systems
>suddenly it's like the game got punched in the gut, and on the fastest speed each day takes one second to pass
>there's nothing left to do at this point except sit around waiting for research, go to war with someone, or hope for an endgame event (which are non-functional at this point)
>attempt to zoom in on my fleet
>the game freezes
>>
>>338206589
Is Distant Worlds the best game of this style? except from Alpha Centauri maybe?
>>
File: 345345345.png (2 MB, 1457x879) Image search: [Google]
345345345.png
2 MB, 1457x879
>>338211720

I'm getting that too, it's becoming too laggy to really enjoy. Funny, I had the same problems with birth of the federation over 10 fucking years ago. Once you get to a certain point there are too many things happening and the game chokes.
>>
>>338211968
employ your pops you faggot
>>
>>338210941
>>338211270
this game even chugs on my 4.5ghz i7 5820k, goddamn they fucked something up somewhere because it all started suddenly around the 2350 mark
>>
>>338210041
Retarded monkey detected
>>
>>338206589
Its good now.
>>
>>338212303
Yeah it's you
>>
>>338209684
Total lie. Stop fucking playing on normal.
>>
>>338212472
>it's fine if you let the AI cheat!
>>
It's one of the only recent games you can talk about on /v/ regularly without constant shitposting, that's got to count for something right?
>>
>>338209547
Except Stellaris is better than DW. So fuck off.
>>
>>338212472
Difficulty doesn't change equipment properties, dipshit. Corvette spam is still the most effective way to deal with enemy fleets regardless of loadout.
>>
>>338212620
In what possible way?

Being shit?
>>
>>338212583
The AI uses far more diverse fleets and is far more aggressive on higher difficulties, which in turns forces you to actually think about your fleet structure

Dont bitch the combat is simple because you are playing baby mode. Good fucking luck trying to corvette spam on insane difficulty.
>>
>>338212652
>i have no clue how the difficulties even work but im gonna post anyway!
Good for you anon. Dont let your own ignorance get in the way of you making a fool of yourself.

Enemy fleets are more diverse on higher difficulties and corvettes become absolutely worthless on them.
>>
>>338212472
MUH ARTIFICAL DIFFICULTY
>>
>>338212652
>i played for 5 hours and only used corvettes
>OMG CORVETTER SPAM BEST EVA
No.
>>
>>338213023
Not him but that isnt artifical difficulty. Skyrim difficulty is artifical difficulty.

If anything RTS/4X/GSG are just cheating AI.
>>
>>338212916
The difficulty settings only affect AI resource boni and negative diplo modifiers. You can see this for yourself if you just look at the game files.
>>
>>338213115
Thanks for proving my point for me
>>
>>338206589
Sure if you like Spreadsheets: The game.
>>
>>338213115
All he said is the AI is harder and has more diverse fleets on higher difficulties, and its true.

More resources = more ships + more money spent on diverse types.

On insane you'll see fleets made up of multiple types of ships with different counters. And corvettes wont be able to handle it.

The real issue is that corvettes make up all of early and mid game and are useless late.
>>
>>338213410
ebin maymay
>>
>>338213584
That's what it literally is. Its fucking menus and numbers the game.
>>
>>338213459
>useless late
They're great as dedicated missile defence
>>
>>338213701

Take your (You) and go
>>
>>338213942
Nice rebuttal. Have you actually played the game? It feels pointless once you realize what you're doing.
>>
>>338213701
So JRPGs are spreadsheets: the genre then?
>>
File: hot-rape.jpg (29 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
hot-rape.jpg
29 KB, 500x388
>>338214119
>Have you actually played the game?

I'm not the one who uses overused spreadsheet maymays to describe every single space sim game.

>It feels pointless once you realize what you're doing.

Literlaly the most generic non arugment ever. Then you wonder why nobody replies to your shitposting with a serious rebuttal.
>>
>>338213209
You made no point beyond saying "stop playing on normal," then claimed I had no idea how the difficulty settings worked. They do not improve the AI and they do not make Evasion any less powerful than it already is. A well-equipped fleet of corvettes will shit on more top-heavy or balanced fleets in almost all circumstances, simply because armor is invariably worthless and there are plenty of corvette-ready weapons that nullify shields.
>>
>>338214129
Different topic

>>338214272
He asked if he should get it I told him no because its a boring menu reading simulator. I regret buying i personally.
>>
>>338206867
>Same narrative for every playthrough
>Artificial busyness because there's no auto-survey nor auto-construction
>Sector mechanic is mechanically flawed because the player will always do a better job managing planets than the sector management AI
>No way to queue recently built ships to travel to a waypoint
>mid-late game techs take fucking eons to research, despite early game techs being researched in a few minutes
>Diplomacy is barely in the game, hard to squeeze meaningful diplo options out of empire AI
>Combat is entirely hands free and you literally do nothing to command your own fleets
>Vassal/Protectorate AI is braindead, and will only send it's fleets to follow yours, they won't take initiative to attack enemies
>Every bit of tech is open to you no matter how you build/choose your empire/race traits, nothing is locked out so it always plays the same
>Lategame consists of shitfting ships around, going to war and researching the tech once and a while until the Scourge appears.
>UI is poorly designed, you need to press a million buttons to configure sectors, replace leaders, the main for fleet + the outline takes up too much screen space
>War goals is retarded, and if you are in an alliance and an ally declares war, you can't set demands, you get literally nothing for helping.
>trade is largely useless
>Game has small freezes
>Hyperdrive is far superior to warp with almost insignificant cons
>>
>>338214518
>He asked if he should get it and I shitposted with memes because I have no idea what the game is like

Ok anon
>>
>>338214518
>Different topic
No it isn't. Turn based JRPGs are literally fucking menues and numbers the genre. Every single 4x/gsg game is a spreadsheet simulator by your own logic.
>>
>>338214690
I own the game and have played it for hours. Its not fun; it feels like Eve: spreadsheets all day. Nice greentext though
>>
>>338214853
>Its not fun; it feels like Eve: spreadsheets all day.

Nice shitpost. Thanks for confirming you've never actually played either.
>>
>>338206702
>goty edition
>a paradox game
get a load of this guy
>>
>>338214645
>mid-late game techs take fucking eons to research,
Don't expand to a million planets and build zero research buildings if you don't wants this retard
>>
Hey, pacifistic materialists here. I've expanded to my maximum point. No factions, everyone's happy. Want to start expanding and shit. Don't really want to declare war, since pacifism. What do I do?
>>
>>338214935
Nice rebuttal. You offer zero counterpoints, I doubt you've even played this shit anyway
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO BORDERS WORK?
HOW THE FUCK COULD SOMEONE JUST STEAL A STAR THAT WAS IN MY TERRITORY
>>
>>338215062
>post a very silly and bait level claim that goes against reality
>why don't people take me seriously? no you!
>>
>>338215062
it's aggressively obvious you're making shit up as you go
0/10 stop posting it's pathetic
>>
>>338215008
It still takes significantly longer, shithead.
>>
>>338215073
Territory expands with pops
>>
You can trust that it will at least receive a lot of support. Paradox has shown multiple times that they're willing to completely rehaul systems for better or worse, and there's always the modding community.

If you're not in pressing need of a time sink though you should just wait.
>>
>>338215195
That's the most dumbfuckenest mechanic since civ 5's citadel generals
>>
>>338215569
Not very different from past Civs where border radius expanded with culture. Except this is not a tile game, so it's not as awkward
>>
>>338215073
Each pop increases your border range, some techs give you +20% border range immediately as well.

You can push back others borders with more pop, tech and frontiers.
>>
Are spaceports around planets even worth building?
They seem to provide shit defence for their cost and I feel like I only need one to build my ships.
>>
>>338215190
Not him but it doesn't

the /vg/ general proved it. As long as you build more research stations you can not only counter the increased research times, but actually shorten them significantly.
>>
>>338215814
They are always worth it. Once you unlock a bunch of modules they'll be useful as fuck.
>>
>integrate a vassal
>don't get his tech
deal breaker. I dropped the game and haven't touched it since when this happened.
>>
>>338215814
They're free power/food/lowered ship upkeep
>>
>>338213459
corvettes are still really good late game as a meat shield. With 80% evasion and point defence (maybe some torpedoes to), they'll soak up a ton of fire, letting you Lance/Kenetic Artillery armed Battleships wreck everything.

But there's no point to Cruisers and Destroyers.
>>
>>338216023
Initiate a research agreement with him

You still need to research it yourself but its much faster
>>
>>338216023
>integrate a vassal
>they still have 25% recently conquered penalty

really regretting not just conquering them in the first place
>>
>>338216115
he is disloyal to me and won't agree to anything, he only became my vassal after I blitzed his homeworld
>>
>have 16/16 pop on my homeworld
>excess food is 10
Uhhh. Is there any point to keep those food production values up or should I just destroy them and build other buildings
>>
>play UN humans
>find alpha centauri but there's nothing appealing about the colonisable planet
>find arrakis but I can barely get a look at the system because there's an 800+ strong fleet of cranky monsters hanging around
>sandwiched between two empires on a spiral arm

Well I guess that was a fun game
>>
>>338215814
They're cheap, and solar panels make their upkeep free
Besides that, they add to your max fleet size, and you can also get food and research from them, besides other things
>>
>>338216247
Should have just purged him
>>
>>338216312
Destroy them, it's useless. You can even let them starve, all it does atm is a -5% happiness malus
Only keep them if you want to populate other planets through resettlement
>>
File: 2016_05_18_4.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_18_4.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>338210941
>ai completely ignores end game crises like unbidden or the swarm even though their empire is being torn apart from the inside out
I want a SEND HELP option where the AI could ask you for help in exchange for their boipussy or something.
>scourge eating AI's empire from inside out
>still declaring war against adjacent neighbors
JUST
>>
>>338215814
>paid for in upkeep by solar panels
>food from hydroponics let you use another tile for something else
>observatory gives a 10% bonus to research tiles
>each level increases fleet capacity

if you've got the minerals, you should be upgrading them

you should also have a couple specialized for ship building (in an emergency, only 1 shipyard won't cut it) and others (near your borders preferably) upgraded with Crew Bays and Engineering for a 30% decrease in upkeep cost for fleets in orbit there
>>
Is there really any reason to expand in size beyond a certain point?

The research penalties are so bad that going beyond the initial five worlds until mid game seems retarded, especially since you can just plop outposts when needed.
>>
>>338217814
Outposts cost influence and energy. And you win the game if you occupy at least 40% of inhabitable planets
>>
>>338217948
>win the game
>people actually have the willpower to go that far in this game
>>
>>338215048

insult a Fallen Empire
brace for epic
>>
>>338218325
I said IF. I've saved the galaxy from the unbidden, the tentacle rape monsters, and I still haven't """"won""" a single game.

>>338218406
>develop synthetics because dem production bonuses
>fallen empire calls me
>U MAEK AI WE KILL YOU
>apparently AI triggers them
>manage to destroy some of their fleets to research their tech
>use their tech against them
>could probably take on the other fallen faggot
>get bored at this point
>start new game
>>
What's the command to change the race of my Humans?
I'm doing a Goldenbaung Dinasty and they surely did not fucking had a non-white Empeor
>>
Does the warp range ever increase?
There are some systems nearby that I can't seem to reach without the ship looping almost all the way around the other way to get there.
>>
>>338218809

gotta upgrade your ships warpdrives in the ship designer and the upgrade them ships in a starport (or make new ones)
>>
If I colonize a Holy World but keep an embassy in the fallen empire will they refrain from murdering the shit out of me?
>>
>>338219090
No
>>
thinking of picking up sins of a solar empire on the cheap from the humble store. is it a good space 4x? only ever played MoO before.
>>
>>338206867
My transport ships decide to join a battle they passed by because they're fucking heroes
>>
>federation declares war on another federation while I'm waiting for my presidency
>All of the federation fleets group up around my fleet instead of just fighting enemies that are their fucking neighbours, meaning that I have to personally walk the federation fleets on a leash through the entire war that could have been over in 15 minutes if they just acted separately
>The entire enemy federation completely ignores their neighbouring enemies and beelines straight for my capital
This AI is insufferable.
>>
>>338206867
Having to conquer 7 times the planets than you actually get because of retarded negotiating system
>>
>>338214645
>complains about lack of autoplay
>complains that the autoplay that there is is less efficient than manual control
>something inherent to autoplay options
And don't say it should be perfectly efficient. There shouldn't be a "win the game for me" button.
>>
File: 1370273547080.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1370273547080.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>338219251
>mfw I tried to combine my naval fleets with my transports just like you're supposed to do in eu4
>>
>>338217814
Maximum fleet capacity that only grows with extra space ports. Playing tall will only get you a 30k of ship power in a fleet at best, and that's with an active fleet policy.
>>
>>338219480
Setting ships to auto build or survey is not on the same level as managing several planets you dumb idiot.
>Win the game for me button
Are you on drugs? Where in my post did I imply that was desireable?
>>
>>338219752
If you could read, you would have recognized that statement as preemptive an tentative.
>And don't say it should be perfectly efficient.
>>
They have to add SOME kind of AI ordering when in alliance in war.

What the AI's doing now is completely awful
>>
>>338219480
No, seriously, go try playing Distant Worlds Universe and see what decent automation can do for your gameplay experience
>>
>>338220528
Just checking it out now. It looks really good, like what Stellaris should be, and maybe will be after Paradox releases $200 in DLC. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>338219090
Yes, they need -75 relations to move their asses
>>
>>338221147
It basically boils down to that. Everything Stellaris tries to do DWU already does with much more depth. And I mean really everything. The only thing Stellaris does better is be accessible to new players.
>>
File: 143137_350_233[1].png (90 KB, 350x212) Image search: [Google]
143137_350_233[1].png
90 KB, 350x212
>tfw +18 energy per month
>tfw +75 minerals
>tfw keep having to give gifts to other settlements because I keep maxing out my storage

is there a way to increase energy storage? i dont see anything like silos for it and i can only hold 3500 at a time
>>
>>338219314
I find that wgenever I'm at war it's best to keep my main fleet parked on my homeworld.

The enemy WILL always beeline to it first. And with their main fleet.
>>
>>338221867
You're not supposed to stockpile energy
>>
>>338221867
If you are having surplus energy you're not building enough shit. Just have a comfy surplus enough to put you on double digit positive production when all of your ships are out of dock.
>>
>>338221867
Wow anon a whole +75 minerals?
>>
>>338221896
That depends on a nature of war. If I wanna get finished with it fast and get some planets out of it then I just go on a balls deep offensive. It's not like the knobhead AI can do anything to my capital beyond breaking spaceport and bombing it a little. Eventually their fleets will turn around and run to defend their own capital that my hordes of slave armies are currently raping.
>>
>>338221867
>Not having +150 energy that drops to -80 as soon as your colossal fleets leave the port
>>
>>338222423
>>338222561
the hell am i supposed to be building if my fleet's maxed out and my planet and sector limit is full as well? even then i have +energy
>>
>>338222990
You start a new game.
>>
>>338206589
I think the best way to fix federations is to add up every members income including negative incomes of all members and vassals and then distribute it evenly.

This will stratify the strength of federations based on the sizes of the members. So small empires band together, medium empires band together, and so on. Keep a check on the number of nations in one federation with federations culling off the members obviously leaching off them. and finally make big empires pause. It will discourage them from joining as they will likely take a big hit to their income and to avoid that they would have to join up with the empires who are most likely to be a rival to them the one they dont want to be helping.
>>
>>338222990
Space fortresses for example. Those things take around 13 energy on upkeep.
>>
>>338223168
so i'm a fallen empire now? eh, took me 130 years too
>>
>>338223294
>he hasn't conquered the entire galaxy
>so i'm a fallen empire now
>>
are the ships made by auto-best actually generally the best possible?
or should i be doing that manually
>>
>>338223462
that's annoying

i have like 4 vassals though, i'm at least 1/3rd of galaxy with them
>>
How the fuck does research work in this game?

It seems like I can't pick the shit that I need, I'm just given really shitty options with an occasional useful thing.
>>
do striker ships do anything? they seem like they should be good as you can usually only put one or two of their slots, but im not sure
>>
>>338222990
Tear down some power plants and build labs, or better, expand or conquer
>>
>>338223558
That's exactly the way it's supposed to work.
>>
>>338223545
>i'm at least 1/3rd of galaxy with them
Doesn't count. You must integrate.
>dat integration period
Good luck
>>
>>338206589
As an avid Paradox fan- don't bother. I considered preordering cause I had a bunch of free cash, but I thought about how much CKII and EUIV changed between launch and now and they're practically complete overhauls.I'll get Stellaris around the time the second or third DLC is coming out and the ones before it are on sale.
>>
File: Untitled.png (32 KB, 246x120) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32 KB, 246x120
>>338207887
>10 hours

I have no plans on stopping any time soon.
>>
>>338223789
Just kidding, allies and vassals count. But seriously fuck that integration period.
>only one vassal per integration period
Fuck that.
>>
>>338223789
meh, i'll come back to this game in a year. it's vast, like the space, but it's ultimately really simple

or ill try what >>338221328 said
>>
>>338223536
Of course it doesn't work nigga, look at other examples of AI in this game and tell me if they work well.
The least you should do is choose the weapon systems by yourself and press the auto-finish button to let AI take care of energy balance. But with battleships you shouldn't even use that option, because it never assigns anything to the aura slot.
>>
>integrating
I sincerely hope you guys don't do this. It's exactly the same thing as conquering, except it takes decades and thousands of influence.
>>
>>338223898
>putting auras on your mass produced battleships
One unique with each aura is the only way to do it
>>
>>338224125
Yeah, that's what I do, but automatically created battleships won't have any at all. The dude might not even notice that they exist.
>>
>>338214645
>>Sector mechanic is mechanically flawed because the player will always do a better job managing planets than the sector management AI

THIS IS ONLY BECAUSE THE AI WILL REPLACE BUILDINGS EVEN IF YOU HAVE IT OFF FUCK.

>Have a Gaia planet with the tower that gives +6 to all tech
>Completely buff it out and make it perfect
>Sector it since it should be pumping out everything I need with a perfect positive 0 food
>Come back later to turn it into my shipyards since its in the middle of my empire
>Tower is gone
>Builds are all over the place
>All my research buildings are replaced
>Food is at +7

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS IS WHY I CANT TRUST SECTORS.

There needs to be a "Don't touch fucking anything" Option that completely removes the sector AI from that sector.
>>
File: how quaint.png (25 KB, 243x100) Image search: [Google]
how quaint.png
25 KB, 243x100
>>338223875
Is this where we compare hours played?
>>
>>338206867
>Bad optimization mid-game to late game
>Boring and unengaging combat and diplomacy
>AI needs some serious work (Sector AI, war AI going sightseeing in empire, sitting on asses instead of destroying unbidden or swarm)
>Feels barebones
>Mid game is slow as fuck once everything is colonized
Still love the game
>>
>evading hostile fleet
Is there any way to stop my fucking science ship from running out of the system? maybe I want it to stay there you fucks. ITS NOT EVEN HOSTILE, ITS THE STUPID SHIT THE GAME THROWS AT YOU IN THE START
>>
>>338224852
Set the fleet AI to passive instead of evasive
>>
>>338223789
>Integration on a decently sized empire is 1500 months
>Only one at a time
Who thought that this was a good idea?
>>
>>338224462
>He didn't change the 0 to a 1 in the text file
>>
>Go to war with a bunch of weak dudes in an alliance
>Apparently they all have a bunch of scattered fleets
>A couple minutes later
>INCOMING HOSTILE FLEET
>INCOMING HOSTILE FLEET
>INCOMING HOSTILE FLEET
>INCOMING HOSTILE FLEET
>INCOMING HOSTILE FLEET
Sometimes I want to turn off that adviser ai
>>
>>338223875
>>338224471
Why

Why do you have such shit taste
>>
>>338223885
>you finally manage to integrate them after 10 years
>suddenly your energy net goes into the negative 100s
lol seriously fuck this game. good thing sectors can be kind of hotfixed
>>
Why is Energy a currency? You spend it on nearly nothing, the only thing it's needed for is upkeep, but the stockpile of energy is completely useless.

They should either have more useful shit which you actually spend stockpiled energy on or just make it solely an upkeep currency and if you go into the negatives then it effects your happiness or mineral collection or some shit.
>>
>>338225589
>He doesn't know Paradox games are released as 5/10s and turn into 9/10 games after two years
>>
>>338225629
>peacefully integrate them
>oh but their pops will hate you forever

the whole system is trash

>>338225756
While that is debatably true, why are you spending 100+ hours on a currently 5/10 game?
>>
>>338225849
I spent like 10 hours. took most of my weekend, but I pirated it. was a kind of lukewarm ride, but I'm getting off until they make good mods that fix the game
>>
>>338225849
Because its addictive. Its that perfect bled of getting shit done and nothing happening that lets me just relax.
>>
>>338226184
You might as well paint a wall then watch it dry anon, that's how fun mid-late game Stellaris is
>>
>>338226250
My only problems are federations. I have no real slowdowns in shit to do until half the fucking galaxy is in one federation.
>>
>>338206867
>AI is retarded
>diplomacy is non-existent
>if you're too powerful literally everyone will start hating you
>sector AI is garbage in a silly amount of ways
>game starts to get incredibly slow as time goes on
>you can put an entire empire of any size under your control forever for 60 warscore or you can get 2-3 planets for 60-90 warscore (lol)
>>
File: 1443865017205.jpg (52 KB, 438x438) Image search: [Google]
1443865017205.jpg
52 KB, 438x438
>Mid to late game
>Have a decent fleet of around 35k
>Main allies have about 50k all combined
>We trade off border conflicts with our rivals for territory.
>We successfully stomped both Fallen Empires that spawned in the galaxy
>Mfw watching their fleets and ring-worlds fall to our fleets and armies of xenomorphs and gene-seed commandos
Is the game AI better at higher difficulties? I save-scummed because I just wanted to see what tech they had. I didn't expect to win against even one. Now all I have left is these annoying robot uprisings in other empires. Is there anything even left to really do besides that?
>>
What music do yall listen to while playing?

For me its dance with the dead. The 80's feel goes perfectly with the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fegNYpOkhN8
>>
File: yes.png (103 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
103 KB, 1080x600
>>338206589
i get the feeling that Stellaris is simply a Starbound clone. In both cases you should wait till it's 5 dollars.
>>
File: 1460064850747.jpg (8 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1460064850747.jpg
8 KB, 100x100
>>338225629
>suddenly your energy net goes into the negative 100s
>vassals' face when

>>338225849
>oh but their pops will hate you forever
Even if they're """"loyal"""" per the diplomacy screen? I didn't actually finish integration because the vassal empire was 75% my size and I occupied a third of the galaxy
>>
>>338226608
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>338206867
There is no gameplay other than managing like 5 planets for a while.
>>
>>338226520
>diplomacy is non-existent
>diplomacy is quid pro quo
Diplomacy in this game is actually quite accurate. Minus the lack of deception. Their stance on stuff (Federation Builders, Materialist, etc) actually plays a role in whether they will give you stuff.
>>
>>338227278
If by that you mean it's great that they will never, ever do certain things because fuck you then whatever bro.
>>
>>338227278
>pressing 2 buttons is an accurate depiction of diplomacy
k
>>
>>338227278
It just sucks dick when I'm using hyperspace lanes and there are some assholes who will never ever like me is preventing me from expanding to the unclaimed space one jump from my empire.

It's fucking annoying in order to get my colonies out there I need to start a war with my neighbor just to get past them because they won't let my civilian ship in their borders, ever.
>>
>>338227278
>give them 503 credits
>we consider this deal acceptable
>give them 502 credits
>this is unacceptable!
>>
>>338227476
>If by that you mean it's great that they will never, ever do certain things
If you have nothing to offer them they wouldn't deal with you. Stellaris diplomacy is realer than real life.

>>338227815
Most real wars are made because of clay. In this game it's about space clay.

> I need to start a war with my neighbor just to get past them because they won't let my civilian ship in their borders, ever.
they're cockblocking your colony ships so they can buy some time for their colony ships to be built and colonize those planets themselves.

>>338227836
>it's like a second shoah
>>
File: merchant shock.png (33 KB, 218x210) Image search: [Google]
merchant shock.png
33 KB, 218x210
>>338227836
>502
>>
>>338228087
That's silly. You can offer some personalities 10x their GDP of energy for open borders and they'll refuse every time. Even when they're being eaten alive by the scourge.

The diplomacy is fucking terrible, one dimensional garbage
>>
>>338228236
Did you try offering Non-Agression Pact for Military Access to said compliant personalities?
>>
>>338228579
They have a permanent -1000 Personality modifier to their deal calculator if their personality decides it.

It's nonsense.
>>
>>338228640
Well yeah, some nations would rather implode than ask for help
See Best Korea.
>you are now realizing Stellaris is really realer than real life.
>>
>>338228640
>I DONT LIKE YOU
>Not realistic
I have a degree in interstellar politics, this is the most accurate depiction of diplomacy I have ever seen in a video game. If you think otherwise you have horrible taste in video games. Never mind Paradox currently has games on the market with a deeper diplomatic system.
>>
Guys, I once got the Titanic Life event (to get them in the army) after settling a planet with Titanic Life, but never got it since in any game, are there some conditions I should meet? A trait, ethos, government type or something?
>>
>>338229310
It's 100% RNG like every other event
>>
File: Enoch2.png (20 KB, 209x136) Image search: [Google]
Enoch2.png
20 KB, 209x136
>>338229554
Is there a list for event mean time to happen modifiers yet?
>>
>>338229554
>ALPHA MENACE
>BETA MENACE
>>
>>338229704
Codenames for 'neutral' alien races are always the same but they aren't events anyway
>>
File: no uplift.jpg (176 KB, 1374x802) Image search: [Google]
no uplift.jpg
176 KB, 1374x802
>find cool looking primitive reptiloid
>uplift them
>they become fucking retarded blue reptile ayy lmaos
I don't like this.
In another game.
>find primitive roaches
>uplift them
>they become some weak fucking bugs
WHY?
>>
>>338223875
How?
Why?
What are you doing?
Where are you doing it?
Who are you playing with?

Anon I don't understand your autism.
>>
>>338229674
>You have encountered Beta Aliens
>>
>>338228913
>I DONT LIKE YOU
I have a degree in humie politics. Half of my eight semesters essentially boiled down to this.

The other one is GIB MONEY PLS
>>
>>338229674
I vaguely recall reading that they got rid of MTTH
>>
File: Join Us.png (1 MB, 1208x796) Image search: [Google]
Join Us.png
1 MB, 1208x796
Is this fitting for a Cthulhu species?
What should I change?
>>
>>338229812
>SAME SHIT EVERY TIME
>>
>>338230034
Find an anomaly, save , complete then reload and do it again and it will be something different.
>>
>>338230115
>Crystal dudes
>Amoebas
>Space Dust
>Cows

Hold on right quick there friend, let me contain my excitement.
>>
>>338230016
A Cthulhu species makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
>>
I don't understand why the game was released in the state that it was, when Paradox could have just delayed it 2 months to at least fix bugs, if not add some desperately needed content. The cynic in me wants to say that Paradox's new business model is to release a broken, unfinished game, and then sell the fixes + the missing content back to us in four or five chunks at $14.99 a piece.
>>
>>338230016
"Cthonian Expanse" doesn't sound spooky enough
>>
>>338230456
>game
>implying there is something to play
>>
>>338230371
Not exactly Cthulhu, you know what I mean.

>>338230478
What do you suggest?
>>
>>338230365
I don't know what you are trying to say here. Are you also upset that the game doesn't feature an infinite amount of randomly generated alien races for empires?
>>
>>338230637
>4 space dudes
>$40
The Paradox Jew strikes again
>>
>>338230597
no idea, I'm not good with names, but it has to sound horrifying and foreign. "-ian" and "Expanse" sound too knowable
>>
>>338230597
Pick some random Latin words
>>
Wait until its on sale at christmas
>>
bit torrent this game, stoked about it

play for 5 hours, lose complete interest in the game

would love to support the game but it is shit, taking territory is a pain in the ass if not impossible at times, space battles are 1 dimensional, no benefit to larger ships,
>>
>>338226880
Yep, it gives them the "conquered" -25% happiness modifier for a few years. It's nothing special.
>>
File: 1391999218790.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1391999218790.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
How the FUCK do I enslave this primitive world I found? I fucking built the observation thing on the planet.
>>
>>338225756
This has been true but Stellaris is like a 3/10 at best right now.
It's barely functional.
>>
>Primitive race gets space travel in one of my sectors
>Xenophobic militants
>Hate me and won't be my protectorate
>They bring up my appearance in diplomacy
>We have the exact same character portrait

I know games are hard to make but come the fuck on. There could at least be a minor event for this like the Shrines of the Old Gods
>>
>>338232881
Make some armies, embark them and invade it.
>>
How do I go about merging fuckhueg fleets together without it taking me forever to place each class individually
>>
>>338233191
>same character portrait
That a pretty sweet tweest right there
>your civilization grew under the perceived shadow of an oppressive being
>became a militant race who trusted no one but their own
>finally able to confront their oppressor
>they're literally (You)
>they wanted to protect you all along
>>
>>338230597
Add an apostrophe and a lot of "th" in the words
>>
>>338206867
War-only victory conditions
Can't make small powerful mercantile nations like Distant Worlds. It's either colonize everything or get fucked.
Wormhole travel is vastly superior to every other type of FTL
Too few traits and too few points for race creation.
Society ethics are too simple and they basically all play the same other than slavery y/n.
>>
>>338233628
>play as humans on terra
>find another terra
>this one is a tomb world inhabited by pre-sentient cockroaches
Ebin.
>>
>>338213209
You're not very good at proving your own point
>>
The fact that mods are locked behind the steam workshop had already lead to rampant mod piracy.
>>
>>338206589
Is it still possible to make an infinite number of outposts and just put them in a sector so you don't deal with the maintenance?
>>
They already said they're patching corvettes
>>
File: 20160519225254_1.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160519225254_1.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
>>338206589
Its entertaining from time to time.
>>
>>338236984
And I'll mod it back in.
>>
>>338237119
>State your intentions, weeaboo
>1st Waifu Squadron
>Anime Planets

show me your empire
>>
File: 20160519222524_1.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160519222524_1.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
:^)
>>
File: 3.jpg (187 KB, 1042x713) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
187 KB, 1042x713
>>338238370
I was bored so I decided to fill up an entire galaxy with custom empires.
>>
Apparently if you're a Spiritualist Fallen Empires don't mind if you colonize Holy World.
>>
>>338206589
The reviews everyone was bitching about was right, it so spfucking boring early, mid and late game, if you're going to get it just pirate it honestly it's not worth as much as its sold for.
>>
File: Nharr ayylmao.jpg (240 KB, 1087x755) Image search: [Google]
Nharr ayylmao.jpg
240 KB, 1087x755
r8 my aliens
>>
File: 1455235135058.jpg (91 KB, 642x719) Image search: [Google]
1455235135058.jpg
91 KB, 642x719
>>338239156
Mods make it worth it. It's not even a week old and there are a metric ton of mods doing a lot of stuff from just fixing the game to alpha total conversions.
>>
>>338239269
like what?
>>
>>338240098
Just look around the workshop.
>>
>>338240264
why should I bother?
>>
File: 1451344631702.png (110 KB, 368x337) Image search: [Google]
1451344631702.png
110 KB, 368x337
>>338240624
You're saying the game isn't worth buying right now, but I'm refuting saying it is because of the amount of mods being released already.

If you don't want to check it out, that's your problem.
>>
>>338240745
I asked you what mods make the game worth it and you haven't mentioned a single one
>>
>>338241239
Mods are subjective. As I said there are some fixes and other like "more traits" mods, different starts, more alien species, conversions, more events, more technologies, etc and etc. There are over 1k mods there atm.

The game is just 10 days old.
>>
>>338241453
sounds to me like there's no mods worth bothering with

I'll pass
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.