[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the "Witcher 3 is GOTY!" meme didn't save it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: meme game.jpg (339 KB, 1019x1195) Image search: [Google]
meme game.jpg
339 KB, 1019x1195
>People would still rather be playing Skyrim than Witcher 3

According to /v/, a bad game like Skyrim should have lost its appeal a long time ago. How come that isn't actually the case, and can someone explain this phenomenon? But more importantly, how come Witcher 3 doesn't have as good mod tools as Skyrim?
>>
>>338206183
Year by year quality of games is decreasing.
>>
Skyrim still has a shit ton of mod support and customization and the like while Witcher is stuck with a premade character.l and idk shit about modding but I don't think there is a lot beyond reskins. They are two very different kinds of games.
>>
>>338206183
And to the question about modding tools. I don't think they've ever seen enough interest in modding to even justify working on it. It's a much more strict in terms of story rpg.
>>
>>338206183
>people will fall for this bait
>>
>>338206915
*it's much more strict
Sorry I'm on the phone so there are many errors.
But seriously though they are very fundamentally different games. Witcher isn't a game where people make a mod to get your character progressively more tied up by bondage so if fucking course there is less support. Most skyrim fans are jacking off all the time to that game.
>>
>>338206183
>There are people on /v/, right now!, that WILL LITERALLY fall for this
>>
File: murtaughs golden words.png (96 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
murtaughs golden words.png
96 KB, 375x360
>PEOPLE
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/m6V2aWK_t0rpxWH3_5KLmw/
>UNIRONICALLY
>REPLYING TO
>LITERAL DAILY POSTED PASTA
>OR SOME AUTIST
>>
>>338206183
Cant customize the MC.

Forced characters in WRPGs are cancer.
>>
>>338206183
looks like the bull is back
>>
I'll tell you why:

>More, possibly infinite content
>Game changing mods
>More immersive world
>Ability to create your own character whatever way you want and whatever class you want

meanwhile The Witcher 3 is a run of the mill, short RPG that'll be forgotten
>>
>>338208189
I mean you're kind of stuck with Geralt and all his animations

How do you mod that? You can't
>>
>>338206183
Skyrim is for autists, like Minecraft. They can pay indefinitely long
>>
>>338208868

>Using autist as an insult in 2016

>>>>/pol/
>>
>>338208614
>short
oh come on now, TW3 has many flaws, but this is not one of them
>>
>>338208941
Who says I meant it as an insult? Just saying those are not new players drilling skyrim, those are people who fell for "infinite" quests, and can play the same game every day for 5 years. That's clearly not normal. But I'm not saying it's bad.
>>
>>338209080

Okay, I'll give it that. But what happens when you beat the Witcher? Do side quests and wait for DLC....but then what?

Meanwhile in Skyrim you have thousands of hours of content along with the constant modding which adds new campaigns/quests and other content
>>
>>338206183
>The next TES game will most likely not released before 2019

BUT HEY WE HAVE FALLOUT 4...... fuck
>>
>>338209241
no mods will fix shitty ai and combat this game has

and its one of its biggest flaws
>>
>>338209241
But there is no new "content". Modding Thomas the tank engine in? How bored do you have to be to get off on shit like that? If much rather complete W3 and move onto a whole new game, than get some community scraps
>>
>>338209458
>no mods will fix shitty ai and combat this game has

I'm sorry but RPGs are notorious for bad combat.
>>
>>338206183
Skyrim was made for the lowest common denominator. Every new game Bethesda makes strips out more content.

Bethesda's only saving grace has been the modding community who are expected to patch and fix their games.
>>
>>338209241
And how is that a negative thing? When you beat the game you're done and you move on.
>>
>>338209523
not an argument
>>
>>338206183

You can run Skyrim on a 2008 toaster even with mods, Not everyone can run Witcher 3 Also there more players of Witcher 3 on consoles than on PC right now
>>
>>338206183
>Rust
WHY

And holy fuck, GTA V is 4th
>>
>>338209903
Which is a further proof majority of people are retarded, and any kind of mass statistics are not a reliable sign of product goodness
>>
>PEOPLE STILL REPLY TO THIS BAIT

Fuck this board. So fucking new.
>>
File: drake-face.jpg (25 KB, 567x341) Image search: [Google]
drake-face.jpg
25 KB, 567x341
>>338210065
>mfw I saw that one of my friends has 900 hours on Rust
>>
>>338208747
There is only bait. On /v/ everything is bait. 99.99% of threads are bait from the start, or turn to bait within first 5 replies. So fuck off newfag, let us have some fun in this comfy bait thread
>>
>>338210334
See
>>338207673
It's literally pasta, newfaggot hypocrite.
>>
>>338210145
>>338210191
He has been doing this for a year. Does he have autism or something? I like how he deleted his reddit account once we found out who he was.
>>
>>338206183
Bait but I never see the true answer in these threads.

The real reason is pc players are on potatoes and poorfags. Look at the top 3 played games on that list. All can run on a toaster and two of them are free 2 play. The 4th is gta which is much easier to run than the witcher, and the 5th is binding of Isaac which is also cheap as heck and easy to run.

The real reason skyrim is higher than witcher 3 is because it's waaaay easier to run and comes on sale everytime there is one. Also it has way more memes and is more popular with normies.
>>
Any modern game is garbage. Skyrim is garbage, Witcher 1/2/3 is garbage. The viral marketing and paid reviews and brainwashed children giving them 10/10GOTY shiny reviews doesn't change this.
>>
>>338210453
Pasta != Bad
As long as people enjoy it, it is fine, so fuck off newfag hypocrite ^ 2
>>
>>338206183
>he doesnt know about LoversLab
>>
>>338206183
>obvious bait is too obvious
Witcher 3 is a better game, but has much less wide appeal.
Skyrim lets you "play the way you want to play" which the casuals love because it means you can ignore anything you don't think is fun.
It's also really easy because everything scales with your level so the entire world is your playground pretty much from the get-go.
Bethesda was much bigger than CDPR is when they released Skyrim.
Skyrim's openness makes it very modable which leads to more youtube videos which leads to more sales and more lasting appeal.
>>
>>338209523
not an argument, Witcher 3 has great combat.
compared to Skyrim it has fantastic combat
>>
File: 1461989004380.png (12 KB, 599x605) Image search: [Google]
1461989004380.png
12 KB, 599x605
>>338208614
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.