[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on "cheating" on RPG games to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (527 KB, 511x489) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
527 KB, 511x489
What are your thoughts on "cheating" on RPG games to fully enjoy their story without being held back by grinding?
>>
I don't ``cheat''
>>
They should just all have new game+ as an option to save people the hassle on replays
>>
You don't have to grind in FFX
>>
File: 1392399576211.png (117 KB, 448x539) Image search: [Google]
1392399576211.png
117 KB, 448x539
>>338201716
Only if you paid for those cheats.
>>
>>338201716
most rpgs you can get through without grinding if you aren't a retard

that is of course not counting optional shit like weapons or dark aeons
>>
Might as well read a good book or watch a good movie
>>
Let me guess, this is one of those dipshits who considers fighting battles in an RPG 'grinding'. Just watch the youtube cutscenes video if you don't want to play the game.
>>
>>338202369
Whatever. I have been through scenarios where trying any move doesn't work. So I'll grind a bit. I have yet to see evidence of someone not grinding in most rpgs.
>>
>>338201716
>wanting to experience FFX's shit story

the only good things about it are Lulu's bangin' tits
>>
>>338201716
It depends on if the grind is part of the narrative.
In most traditional fantasy games it's to substitute a training montage.
In shit like Papers Please, Always Sometimes Monsters, or Cart Life, it's there to tell the story.
It's not a very fun story...
>>
>single player games
>cheat

literally who gives a shit
>>
>>338202572
A lot of golden age jrpgs were designed so you would never need to grind as long as you weren't running away from every battle
Others like Chrono Cross were designed so grinding was actually impossible
>>
>needing to grind in a final fantasy game
Reminds me of when I was a teenager playing ff7, and out of interest I looked up the recommended levels for the final boss and everyone was saying like 70 or 80. Beat that shit at like 40 or 50.

Also, why not just watch someone else play the game on YouTube if you're just gonna cheese it? Even then, the final fantasy storylines aren't THAT good. Certainly not good enough to carry the game without gameplay.
>>
>>338202572
>needing to grind in any final fantasy game
I hope you hust dont play ff games cause otherwise you must suffer from retardation
>>
>>338201716

>grinding in FFX

triple overdrive
triple ap
overdrive > AP

don tonberry boss will max out everyone in like one or two hours

dont be a bitch bout it
>>
>>338201716
>story > gameplay
Nice Twitter screen cap.
>>
Personally, if it doesn't equal unfair trophy gain. It is quite okay to play the game how they wish.
I personally think you should be able to turn the grind off officially. I hate when developers enforce how people 'should' play the game.
Personally, I wouldn't cheat. I tend to make things as hard as possible for longevity, so long as it isn't too artificial.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.