[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, do any of you guys feel nostalgic enough towards Phanta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1.jpg (137 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
137 KB, 1280x960
Hey, do any of you guys feel nostalgic enough towards Phantasy Star Online to come and play? We started a little /v/ group on the Ephinea private server, and so far we have like 50+ people. Ephinea has a bunch of quality-of-life improvements like PSO2 style drops (everyone gets drops) and letting you change your section ID before level 20. They even have a weekly event where you can get double XP and extra drops/rare enemies. Check it out here http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/
>>
>>338195054
to much work to set up.
it doesnt just work...
>>
Any tips for a FOnwearl that might not go past single player content?
>>
File: 2.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>338195141
Sure it does, I don't think anybody in the chat has had issues with the client
>>338195214
Don't play FOnewearl to solo lol
>>
File: 3.jpg (257 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
257 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>338195278
Well too bad, I always play tech characters on Phantasy Star because I'm a dork.
>>
File: 4.jpg (155 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
155 KB, 1024x765
>>338196178
Play a Ramarl if you really wanna solo, or a HUnewewarl
>>
>>338195054
i have it donwloaded and ive played to lvl 8 but ive yet to find time 2 play w/ you guys and im worried that by the time i do you guys will al l be level 500!!!
>>
>>338195214
>Any tips for a FOnwearl that might not go past single player content?
Don't be afraid to spend money on telepipes and the cheap MP-restore items. Sure, you COULD get a Mind pistol and recover MP that way, but that is incredibly slow and you would be faster just spending a bit extra and plowing through more groups of enemies.

I prefer FOmarl myself, when playing PSO. At least I can take a hit and mess something up with a saber if I want to.
>>
>>338195214
I just started a FOnewm.
FOnewearl are going to behave similarly at low levels.

Make sure you use the right spell for the right enemies.
Don't use GI and RA spells unless it's more efficient in terms of TP per XP.

I'm level 45 with about 8 hours of actual playtime all solo. Just kill dragon till level 12 or so then go to mines and do that till 20.

Then go to hard and kill dragon till 25 or so and go to mines till 30. Then just do dragon + mines 1 + ruins 1 over and over until you get to 40. Then do dragon until you no longer get a level a run and go back to mines till 60's.
Start doing ruins in mid 60s. Once you're around 70, you can solo TTF relatively easy and get a couple levels a run, or just keep doing dragon + mines + ruins
>>
>>338197567
I remember Del Rol Le being an absolute goldmine of XP for Forces in Episode 1, at least if you could Gifoie a reasonable number of times. I'm not sure if he saw any changes in Blue Burst.
>>
>>338198323
he's easy to kill, but unless you can one shot slimes and pan arms, it takes too long to get there.

at least when you can kill the dragon in 5 minutes or so for 75% the amount of xp
>>
>>338195214

you probley shouldn't be FOnewearl specifically, excalibur is one of the best items for anyone to have especially solo and FOnewearl is the only class that can't use it
>>
>>338198603
their megid passes through enemies, which is sick though.
>>
ok fine ill play, how do i get in touch with u guys? whats the player or guild names i need to contact?
otherwise i wont feel like playing.
>>
Are there any good resources that list how to most efficiently use each class? For example when to use melee as FOmar or FOmarl. The game is old enough that there's not a lot of documentation.
>>
File: 6.jpg (266 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
266 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>338199682
hunter hit things
ranger shoot things
force cast things
>>
>>338199682
The most efficient way to play is as a HuCast with Charge Vulcans.

Enjoy.
>>
>>338199682
Hunters use swords and weaker guns. High power but mid-range accuracy means that stabbing stuff in the face with a sword is generally better than shooting with a gun. Cast Hunters (HUcast and HUcaesal) can see traps and have the best accuracy, and so typically will carry handguns for disabling traps and ranged attacks. Newman Hunters (specifically HUneweral) have the best MP and Mind out of non-Force characters, and so typically carry some utility or situational Techniques along with weapons. Human Hunters are typically people who would otherwise play Casts, but want to use Techniques.

Rangers shoot things. They can use blades, but typically don't want to. Cast Rangers tend to deal the most damage, plus can see and disable traps. Human Rangers are generally the ones who want some Techniques with their gunplay. I have no clue why anyone would use a Newman Ranger.

Forces use techniques ("spells") and can use sabers and handguns. Typically they shouldn't bother, although early on a Force with a saber can be pretty decent if you manage enemy facing. Newmans are stronger in damage and MP, plus have some MP regen. Humans are tougher and can actually survive a hit, and can actually use a saber, but not much beyond that.

And there there's the different weapon and technique details.
>>
>>338200946
there arent any newman rangers lol
>>
>>338199682

if you want to know when to melee with FO's ask yourself, does the weapon I am about to use have hit%? if so does it bring my ata above or close to 300? if the answer is yes then do it, if no don't do it.
>>
>>338201065
I though Blue Burst filled out the class tree with everything possible. (meaning all combinations except Cast Forces)

Then again, it's been awhile since I played PSO. I might be confusing that with PSZ.
>>
File: 7.jpg (197 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
197 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>338201393

that is some other game since there isn't even newman rangers in PSZ
>>
>>338200946
>HUcast have the best accuracy

Are you sure? I always thought they were highest damage lowest acc
>>
>>338202023

there is a shield item the S-Parts ver2.01 which makes the hucast substantially more accurate then the humar or hunewearl, and the hucaseal has the highest ata of the hunters by around 20 points and can equip the s-parts to go even higher.
>>
>>338199682
Pso World has a shit ton of guides and documentation about the game

There's also some good guides on Gamefaqs
>>
>>338195054
I can transfer characters from other private servers to this one right? Can I use someone elses character data to get a headstart? I used to play on Schthack but their server got wiped so I can't use my character data from there.

I absolutely refuse to start at level 1 again.
>>
Naw nigga.

Game went to shit when it left the Dreamcast.
>>
>>338202819
you can transfer from ultima, eden (i think), or current schthack (whyyyyy), but you'll lose half your levels and all of your gear
>>
>>338203210
can I use someone elses character data if they already transferred to the server?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.