[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we stop the hate of gamestop?? I really enjoy buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: gamestopplus.jpg (125 KB, 924x675) Image search: [Google]
gamestopplus.jpg
125 KB, 924x675
How do we stop the hate of gamestop??

I really enjoy buying boxed copies, and their prices are almost like steam or whatever.

The hate is unjust they actually care about their customers
>>
>>338182743
t. gamestop shareholder
>>
>>338182859
(you) enjoy being lured by steam and gog
>>
>>338182743
I actually love gamestop
>>
>>338182743
I personally hate gamestop, but that's probably because I worked there for 3 years. And their pre owned prices are ass, even for employees.
>>
File: egghead.jpg (25 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
egghead.jpg
25 KB, 350x263
>>338182743
>How do we stop the hate of gamestop
They're a giant retail chain that ate all of its competitors so it wouldn't have to compete in price or quality of service. You can't, and it really doesn't matter, because whether people like gamestop or not is irrelevant.

It's doomed either way; you can already see them desperately trying to change their revenue stream from game and used game sales to physical merchandise, but there's absolutely no way they can compete with big box stores or specialty stores. Their entire business model was to be the only game in town for game-specific retail and that's no longer profitable.

They're going to slowly but surely die out like Blockbuster did as online retailers and digital downloads overtake local retail.
>>
>>338182743
I also like boxed copies. Which is why I order them online through amazon. An additional benefit is that there is no kid trying to sell me gamer-insurance or whatever. I also don't have to stand in line, or be in the vicinity of screaming kids and their clueless parents.

Why exactly should I go to Gamestop, again?
>>
>>338184171
fag
>>
>>338184940
Brillaint argument, Gamestop Clerk. Enjoy your minimum wage and general lack of hygenie, you sub human :^)
>>
>>338185157
>Update
idiot fucker
you ruin the gaming industry

Gamestop shops actually provide more than the game they provide stuff like information about that game or whatever
>>
File: ok_sign.jpg (19 KB, 431x325) Image search: [Google]
ok_sign.jpg
19 KB, 431x325
>>338185448
K, Gamestop is still a heap of garbage.
>>
>>338185448
If it were the 90's and you were talking about a mom&pop specialty store you'd be right.

The problem is that it's 2016 and we're talking about a "hire any girl willing to come into the store" retail chain. We have the internet and there's no expertise in the staff.
>>
>>338186029
>>338186087
(you)
>>
>>338186397
What is the point in replying when you have nothing of value to say?

Or is it more of a case that you can't come up with a single reason as to why people shouldn't hate GS?
Some clueless college kid can give me information about some game? You mean the same information I can google myself in 3 seconds on my fucking phone?
>>
>>338186724
Ignored and filtered
>>
>>338184171
>I'm so afraid of leaving my house and being forced to interact with people

This is you
>>
>>338182743
I haven't shopped at a gamestop in over 10 years. The last thing I preordered was The Burning Crusade back in 2007 but they lied about a midnight release. A dozen of us were standing around outside like retards waiting for someone to show up but nobody did so we saw god damn walmart and target had fucking stacks of that shit. 8 hours or so later when they opened I had to stand in line for a while as a manager kept trying to play damage control as just about everyone returned to cancel their preorders but they fucking said midnight release so their fault.
I did drive a friend to the Smash Bros 3DS release. A few of us bought a digital copy 2 hours earlier due to timezones so we stood around playing waiting for our one friend who just fucking had to have his physical copy.
>>
>>338189805
Interact with children and some guy behind the counter who is busy fucking around on his phone or chitchatting with coworkers? Shit... the Pakistani customer support people at Amazon sound more pleasant to deal with.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.