[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the only active MMORPG that isn't dumbed down for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dqx.jpg (492 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
dqx.jpg
492 KB, 1280x800
>tfw the only active MMORPG that isn't dumbed down for casuals will never be localized.
>>
>>338177038
Good. The game looks like a steaming pile of shit. Don't get me wrong i like dragons quest, but for an mmo? no
Its better to save the resources localization takes, for something actually worth it. Difficulty is not a good reason for it.
MMO market needs risks and not traditions.
>>
>>338178935
why does /v/ hold the opposite of their usual opinion on casualization when it comes to MMOs?

The minute someone likes more traditional MMOs they're a nostalgiafag or regressive. You'd never hear someone criticized for liking Half-Like over Call of Duty though.
>>
>>338179281
It's the generation of action games and fps, people who have never played anything numbers based.
>>
>>338179281
I have no love for the casualization of mmos. But only that doesnt make dragons quest a good mmo.

But they also want mmos to be harder, but not meaning bigger health/dmg numbers...
/v/ has never known what they want until they have it.
>>
>>338179281
That's some damn weak bait, son. What's the point when you don't even try?
>>
Toriyama is a talentless hack.
>>
>>338179586
Toriyama has fuck all to do with the games, moron.
>>
>>338179680
Not that other poster but Toriyama is involved in the art department at least.

That being said I don't think he's a hack and I think >>338179586 should fuck off.
>>
Are there still no translation patches even just for menus?
>>
>>338179775
>Not that other poster but Toriyama is involved in the art department at least
Honestly, I seriously doubt it. I think they call him up if they need a new design or two. But usually they just take his old Blue Slime design and modify it.
The only way I'm seeing him being involved is by keeping the rights for his art.
>>
File: not dq 4 you.png (2 MB, 895x2138) Image search: [Google]
not dq 4 you.png
2 MB, 895x2138
here you go guys
>>
DQXI sucks ass, it's the poor man's FFXI.
>>
>>338180323
Well if FFXI wasn't circling the drain I'd just play that.

And why do you have that opinion? Most people I've seen say DQX is more like FFXI-2
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.