[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2006 Called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: ScreenShot0020.jpg (647 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0020.jpg
647 KB, 1919x1080
>people on this forum trash Crysis saying new games are now equal or passed its visual capabilites

fuck off with ya bad self, nigga
>>
leaves look like shit
even crysis 3 looks better than vanilla crysis
>>
File: ScreenShot0008.jpg (775 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0008.jpg
775 KB, 1919x1080
>leaves look like shit

ok, sure bud
>>
File: ScreenShot0011.jpg (687 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0011.jpg
687 KB, 1919x1080
>>
File: ScreenShot0027.jpg (525 KB, 1920x719) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0027.jpg
525 KB, 1920x719
>>
>>338169153
ground and rocks look terrible

Battlefront looks better than this. Sorry
>>
what is the point of this thread
get a life loser
crysis 1, 2 and 3 were garbage
>>
"Crysis has the best graphics ever" is my least-favorite regurgitated piece of misinformation on /v/. Every screenshot of this game you see is heavily modded, and is the result of years of cryengine updating. If you play the original game in vanilla on max settings, it doesn't look that impressive at all by today's standards. Keep circlejerking over this overhyped fps.
>>
Maybe 3 or 4 years ago, but we have surpassed Crysis at this point. If you think other wise you are a delusional fanboy.
>>
>>338169284
>>338169153
>>338169016
>>338168661

these all look very bad and you're a nigger for making this thread
>>
>>338170379
What games surpassed Crysis 1?
>>
>>338170817
crysis 3
:^)
>>
Why the hell is it so jaggy? Even if you turn AA off completely in Crysis, it will use edgeAA. In fact, that's arguably less jaggy than turning on MSAA in the game.
>>
>>338170817

lets see

>anything on the Frostbite engine
>Far Cry 4
>Project Cars/Driveclub/Dirt Rally/ Any modern racing game with a budget
>Unreal Tournament 2015
>>
>>338168661
>required vista
>required high end PC
>costed money to buy

and people on /v/ were salty about it? no way! tell me another tale anon.
>>
>>338168661
low-res 2D Grass. Copy Pasted speed-trees.
Apart from that: Are people really that blind?
Even a GeForece 400 Series can run this game with 60 FPS+ .. How could this be if the graphics are "so good" ?
>>
>forum
>>
File: hr_test_original.jpg (2 MB, 6720x4200) Image search: [Google]
hr_test_original.jpg
2 MB, 6720x4200
>>338171769
In all seriousness though, the physics and environmental interaction is still yet to be beaten in my opinion. The leaves for example move exactly where you push them around and stay there. Modern games still just slap some displacement on there and call it a day. Same goes for wind/explosions/whatever interacting with foliage and other stuff like the volumetric smoke. The volumetric smoke in Crysis 1 is completely overkill and arguably not worth it, but looks awesome. Modern games have some kind of hybrid/middle-road kind of deal and doesn't look as good, The Division's gets close. Oh and still the best tropical water I've seen, and has actual sealife. Not to mention being able to blow up most of the shacks and use the parts as weapons.
>>
Crysis wasn't just impressive looking, it was also filled with TECHNOLOGY. I still haven't seen another game where you can cut down trees with bullets.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.