[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >making a warhammer fantasy game instead of warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
>2016
>making a warhammer fantasy game instead of warhammer 40k

why are game devs so retarded?
>>
haha really? I thought it was 40k until now. Do people even care about this universe?
>>
Because CA doesn't want to rework their engine to properly implement a 40k battle system. Also because you can slap warhammer on anything and it will sell.
>>
File: 1132477091394.jpg (35 KB, 302x309) Image search: [Google]
1132477091394.jpg
35 KB, 302x309
>an entire race is dlc
>>
>>338160128
Only 3 factions in 40k can realistically use the scale of TW. Tyranids, Imperial Guards and Orks.
Seeing 1000 space marines is literally planetary leveling tier.
TW Warhammer has vehicles, so those are no issue.

>>338160259
Like usual its AI-only if you don't buy. So it doesn't matter unless you aren't getting it in launch week or actually care about the worst race.
>>
>>338159765
Maybe because Relic is already on charge of WH40K RTS's? Also GW probably wanted to give some popularity to WHFB now that it is dead as fuck.

>>338160259
Wew lad, which race? Also, did they include lizards? I like those fuckers.
>>
>>338159980
then there is this fag
>>
>>338160606
Chaos. If you buy it on launch week, you get it. If not, its probably going to be 5-10 dollar DLC shortly afterward. If you don't buy it, the faction is still there for AI to use in grand campaign as they are apart of the story this time

Basically this game's realm divide/Hun invasion
>>
>>338160606
but muh Age of Fantasy Speshh Murines.
>>
because Games Workshop killed Warhammer Fantasy and rebooted it as Age of Sigmar and probably want to get people into buying their new shit by releasing a game to market it.

>take warhammer fantasy
>have skaven win
>Chaos thinks Skaven are such vermin that not even the Daemon-Kings of the Warp will accept a conniving little Rat-God amongst themselves
>CHAOS HAPPENS
>release a fantasy-skinned version of 40k with the God-Emperor Sigmar and his Fantasy Marines
>>
>>338160390
>with TW shooting mechanics
hahaha no
>>
>>338160818
except they are squatting almost everything related to ye olde fantasy
whole factions have been removed and a lot of models from the other factions are gone
the models that remained have been shuffled into new factions
>>
>>338160818
but this isn't an Age of Sigmar game.
>>338160934
They can swap it to hitscan and just have a shitload of trails.
>>
>>338160818
God damn do you people even try to know what you are shit talking
>>
File: Get your junk out of here.png (23 KB, 185x326) Image search: [Google]
Get your junk out of here.png
23 KB, 185x326
>there are fags who actually prefer muh evil spess mehreens to superior Greenskins and nordic abominations
>>
Warhammer Fantasy>40K

Before all that Age of Sigmar crap anyways.
>>
>>338161074
>250 man conscript blob
>hiding behind cover
>order it to shoot at a unit slightly to the left
>entire unit steps out of cover and wont shoot unless it's at a perfect 90° angle with the enemy
>single enemy clips them and they all charge into melee with it
>mouse button has to be replaced because dragging a tank out of combat will require a minimum of 1000 clicks to get it trough 3 rows of enemies
>>
File: 1395928293537.jpg (386 KB, 1280x1997) Image search: [Google]
1395928293537.jpg
386 KB, 1280x1997
>>338161268
>Not liking them all
>>
>You will never get a warhammer 30k game
>gw will never progress the plot
>>
>>338160771
>Basically this game's realm divide/Hun invasion
I'm just scared the AI is so retarded that the Chaos Warriors will all die before they even get to me. Like in Attila, I played the Huns and the Eastern Roman Empire was destroyed before i even managed to get to them, which is fucking crazy since eastern roman empire is supposed to be this huge extremely strong empire, instead there were just small tribes living there when I got there, which was reall boring. Just imagine you playing as the empire trying to unite it before the Chaos Warriors arrive and you get a pop-up saying "This faction has been destroyed - Chaos Warriors"
>>
>dat dawn of war 3 cinematic
>>
>>338160259
Ooh you poor naive fool

This is only the beginning.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.