[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that all the dust has settled and this is the game of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: no2eco6e7srjixlwnlbn.jpg (670 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
no2eco6e7srjixlwnlbn.jpg
670 KB, 1920x1080
So now that all the dust has settled and this is the game of the millennia that people wouldnt stop talking about.

Prior to its release i was playing through Fallout 3 and Fallout NV to get myself hyped for it. This game released and i just couldnt get into it, mainly the dialogue system really put me off. So my question is, is this worth me going through and playing ? or is it just not a very good game ?
>>
no bueno
>>
>>338159485

I'm the same as you

I got a mod so the dialogue system was the same as the other games

I got bored pretty quickly.

I might try again with the new DLC but I dno its not great
>>
>>338159676
thats the reason i want to play it again, the DLC looks interesting. Although i didnt quite finish NV so i might just go back to that instead.
>>
File: 56357746_p0.jpg (291 KB, 1258x888) Image search: [Google]
56357746_p0.jpg
291 KB, 1258x888
>>338159485
>>
>>338159485
It's worth playing. Put some points into barter and charisma to get lots of fusion cores.
>>
>>338159485
Bethesda realized they can't into towns, quests, or characters, so they focused on dungeons and visual storytelling.

Story is terrible. It's like there's not supposed to a clear and obvious faction choice, but two of the factions are obviously evilans going to kill everyone...
>>
>>338159485
my first play thought it was kinda okay at the beggining with the combat clearly improved until I realise I quickly done everything the game has to offer and the number of actual quest was small.
I start an other character with perk for craft a max of things, see deeeper in the settlement and try the institute.

But no I realise in two playthrough the game was just a boring bordelands.

>dialog is an insult to Fallout
>S.P.E.C.I.A.L are useless
>skills disapear and the perk system is boring
>few actual quest for more radiant quest
>every location is just an other place to purge even the one supposed to be more than that (the arena)
>settlement system is barebone and clearly added for Minecraft player
>craft system could have been interesting but no
>the main quest is shit, nothing is explain with the institute even when you are its leader
>Preston "General position available, no skill required" Garvey
>90% of the quest are "go here, kill that, come back".
>less than barebone RPG element
>>
>>338160671
yea, i sorta thought that going into the game and watching a friend play it. I stopped playing it thinking "well it looks nice but its not a fallout game". Were he actually completed it, got me thinking, did i miss something ? Yea ill just look for another RPG to play. Either finish NV or start the mass effect series.
>>
>>338160896
the worst part is when you do the quest for the robot ship.

The game suddenly remember it's suppose to be a RPG and do a competence check for the reparation (and it's the only time in the entire fucking game)

And also Bethesda didn't even bother to adapt the game for AZERTY keyboard (France) so the menu and settlement system were unusable because you could'nt change the key (first time happening in a game I play)

This make me realise Bethesda just became lazy because the think they don't need to work their ass off to do their game and let the fame do everything
>>
Another
>>
>>338160241
NV had alot of factions that one could subjectively favor one over the other depending on if you agreed with their ideology and methods but none of the ones in Fallout 4 are good. They're all fucking horrible.
>>
File: 22.png (31 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
22.png
31 KB, 493x402
I dropped it 20 hours in, without even completing the main questline. That's the first time I dropped a Bethesda game midway. It's just so, so fucking shit.
>>
>>338161425
>being french

good, you don't deserve american products anyway after iraq you fucking frog shits
>>
>>338159485
It's a very, very flawed game that is pretty much unsalvagable. As RPG it's a laughstock. As shooter, it seriously lacks any veriety. There is nothing to do but just roam around and shoot things. The quests are so thin they could be removed and you wouldn't notice. The NPCs are dog-shit tier. And the plot collapses under weight of own bullshit after about 3 hours, while lasting for no more than 12 hours of gameplay in total. And that's when you are taking your time, mind you.

Dropped it after reaching 2/3 of the "plot", literally nothing was keeping me playing at that point.
>>
>>338161683
>be american
>talk about iraq / iran / pakistan

Yep, seems about right.
>>
>>338161683
Considering how the Iraq war happened and the current disaster, not going in Iraq was a good decision.
>>
>>338161948
Hello I am an American and I am by default largely ambivalent toward you. Not antagonistic. Iraq was a mistake and most of us knew that. Please don't judge all of us for our loud neighbors.
>>
File: FO01_NPC_Tandi_N.png (514 KB, 803x414) Image search: [Google]
FO01_NPC_Tandi_N.png
514 KB, 803x414
>hell yeah, Fallout, ruins, death, starvation, panic
>get to first settlement everyone chillin like a villain
>get further, oh here's a city right next to this mutant outpost, everyone in Diamond City as cool as ice
>oh wow, here's another town in the middle of chaosville, Good Neighbor, everyone is literally the coolest thing possible
>progress yet further, BOOM, Brotherhood, BOOM, flying machines, BOOM technology, BOOM we're everywhere
>get even further, there's people chilling like coool cats out in the middle of the impact zone, deathclaws running around like stray dogs in Czech Republic, people somehow still alive
>walk out there with no rad suit on
this is where i dropped the game. well no, this is where the story and every plot element completely failed. i did the Institute thing, explored inside, then I dropped the game.

I need mods to fix the horrendous traits and boost the gameplay so i can forget about the horrible story.
>>
>>338160241
>>338161565
>implying the Brotherhood Of Steel isn't the best and only correct choice

All synths deserve to be exterminated

ALL synths
>>
>>338159485
It really depends on what you mean by "worth it." Are you looking for an engaging story, quality writing, a somewhat decent skill system, and innovating gameplay? Then no. Do you just want a time sink where you can gib mutants with plasma weapons and baseball bats? Then sure.
>>
>>338163369
That was my point. At this point the brotherhood has proven time and again they are the most consistent defenders of humanity and are the most responsible holders of technology.

They are written into a shitty corner and are pretty much space marines, and the grim derpness of fallout justifies them.

The only satisfying writing was denying your robot son and ordering his execution
>>
>>338164149
denying your robot son and ordering his execution

holy shit you can do that? What happens?
>>
>>338161565
I dunno, the problem with the faction system in NV is that it's heavily biased for the NCR and agianst the Legion. Like all the human companions hate them, the NCR has a much larger amount of quests and the Legion is for the most part retardedly evil basically making the NCR the obvious choice. Their endings is also much better then the that of the Legion.
>>
>>338162272
>being an apologist
>>
>>338164354
Nothing. He just gets vaporized off-screen.
>>
>>338159485
Played a bit of it
I think I got about 30 hours til I put it down
I'm gonna wait til it has the mods I want before I sink my teeth in.
>>
File: Untitled.png (44 KB, 263x110) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44 KB, 263x110
>>338159485
I love fallout, and this game doesn't really do much for me. I played excessively in one play though trying to find everything. The game lacks any decent replay ability
>>
If you must play it borrow a friend's copy. That's what I did and I'm so glad I didn't spend money on that garbage.
>>
I got it super cheap and my friend bought me the season pass so I can't really complain I guess, survival mode is alright but I wouldn't play it otherwise
>>
>>338159485
They "fixed" a formula that wasnt broke.
>>
I played through the game back in December. 6 months later, I'm trying to playthrough again and even doing it as a female character to try to have some changes.

It still is the exact same fucking thing as my first playthrough. I play for ten minutes and get bored. Once you do everything once, you've done it the only way. In New Vegas, one of your first choices can wipe out an entire town or save it. Following this you can wipe out a whole side-faction or work with them. Then at the end of the fourth or fifth quest for them, you can choose to side with the NCR and wipe out the side-faction. Following this you can decide to save or kill the deputy (beagle?) and then choose who runs Primm.

That's already more choices and impact in the first three towns you discover in New Vegas than 85% of Fallout 4's entire questlist. The only choice you get in Fallout 4 is what faction to join. The dialogue options are all manipulative and an illusion of choice, when really the dialogue is extremely linear.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.