[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck anyone say anything bad about Naughty Dog? Why the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: Naughty-Dog-Logo.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Naughty-Dog-Logo.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
Why the fuck anyone say anything bad about Naughty Dog? Why the hell are those generic shit games like TLOU and Uncharted getting so much praise?

I mean, they're not bad games, they're actually fun to play, but there is no way in hell that they deserve all the fame and recognition they get.

Is it because of shilling? I feel like they have such a good marketing that when people go and play these games they dont even question and just go along with the flow saying stuff like "WOW BEST GAME EVER MADE" like everyone else

Thoughts, /v/?
>>
Nice english
>>
ps4 exclusive
>>
>>338157173
>forgot "can't"
>cant english

Okay anon
>>
>>338157173
whats wrong with his english ?
>>
>>338157034
I think naughty dog is good and OP is a mad cuck that wants everyone to hate games as much as he does
>>
I've never seen anyone here call Uncharted the best game he played.

The last of us, which is in every way superior to the uncharted franchise, reserves the recognition it gets here at being a game build on emotional connection with the characters and succeeding in doing so. While the gameplay is substellar the overall experience warrants the acclaiim.
>>
>>338157034

let me help you in the right direction OP:

change.org
>>
>>338157034
Because the games they create push narratives in videogames to a whole new level
>>
ND games get a level of polish that most other games don't come close to achieving.
Personally I think they are on rails bullshit, but FUCK if they games aren't nice to look at.
Playing through the Drake collection amd honestly wondering how the PS3 managed
>>
>>338157692
the story to the last of us is incredibly generic
>>
What I don't understand is how the Jak series got critical acclaim. The entire series sucks ass.
>>
scratch my brain

The Crash game in U4, does it actually use the name Crash Bandicootâ„¢?
Because it looks like they remade that one level from scratch using the original game as a template, and to avoid royalty fees to Activision.

And for those that care, 2 > 1 > 4 > 3
>>
>>338157034
the games are the gaming equivalent of Marvel shit. they're decent and fun, but for some reason make normies foam at the mouth and declare them to be the greatest things ever made. cinematic gaming is extremely entry level and easy for anyone to pick up and play.

what you're experiencing is like what serious litfags encounter when they're surrounded by people who brag about reading, and then when asked what they read, it's all young adult fiction like hunger games, harry potter, or twilight.
>>
File: 51J52Q6Z8YL.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51J52Q6Z8YL.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>338157034
>there is no way in hell that they deserve all the fame and recognition they get.
i agree. the thing is most normalfags and usually people enjoying plots in video games are grade A morons with shit taste. these guys never open a book and don't watch a lot of movies, this is why whenever someone gives them an okayish story they think it's the best shit ever and will praise it to oblivion.
>>
>>338157034
You're a retard. Learn some English before you shitpost faggot.
>>
>>338158415
just finished 4

>that grapple hook
we Tomb Raider now
>that guard reflex mode
we Phantom Pain now
>That jeep winch
we Arkham Knight now
>>
They are cinematic. The new players like them. In my opinion they are a 6/10 or 7/10 games, because GAMEPLAY should be the most important thing in a videogame.

>>338158125
>but FUCK if they games aren't nice to look at
Exactly.
>>
it's all because of crash bandicoot
>>
>>338158452
>what you're experiencing is like what serious litfags encounter when they're surrounded by people who brag about reading, and then when asked what they read, it's all young adult fiction like hunger games, harry potter, or twilight.

Yup.
>>
>>338158415
You obviously didn't play it then, title says crash bandicoot and Drake and Elena refer to it as Crash Bandicoot. Also the the game box is in the game too. Activision no longer holds the rights to Crash, they haven't for a while.
>>
>>338158635
I think they are 5/10 at best, because the shooting phases are fun enough.
If it weren't for that they would be a 2/10, because fuck me if it isn't terrible.
>>
>>338158789
rights don't just expire
who owns it now?
>>
>>338158498
Exactly my thoughts, I just don't feel like the arguments they use stand.

>"B-but the story is awesome"
Ok, the story is good, the emotional involvement is okay.

>"B-but the gameplay is awesome, really strategic"
Staying behind stuff while you wait for the zombies to go by isn't really all that strategic and can even be boring at some times
>>
>>338158865
Ok, this is just salt. I don't like sonyggers either but you're just as bad. Kill yourself.
>>
>>338158925
Wait a couple of weeks and you'll see ;)
>>
>>338159043
Please don't be Naughty Dog.
They'll make crash a hipster lesbian
>>
>>338158941
what, why salt

That's my honest opinion of the series.
Or wait, you think I'm a PCfag right? Do I have to prove to you I have a PS4 with a timestamp?
YOU kill yourself, you shit eater. It's because of brainless people like you that games are shit now and gamers standards as a whole have lowered.
>>
>>338157692
The thing that makes TLOU superior to Uncharted is the gameplay though. Which is still pretty average.
>>
>>338159187
Yeah fuck this, whoever disagrees or say it's not good automatically are PCucks or Xboxfags, fuck console wars
>>
>>338157034
Uncharted 4 is pretty good. TLOU is overrated though.
>>
File: Game Informer on Nintendo.jpg (106 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Game Informer on Nintendo.jpg
106 KB, 500x667
Corruption in the gaming press. Naughty Dog is the only Sony company that has constantly managed to find success by, so Sony is willing to pay journalists to call the games they make the best ever made.
>>
>>338159194
the last of us is too slow
>>
>>338158303
Jak 1 might be a legit 10/10, but the sequels are just decent games, agreed.
>>
>>338159349
I'd rather slow than sticking to shit and being almost literally on rails.
>>
they're ps4 exclusive so it means the fanboys will defend those games to death online

i liked UC2 but once you played one ND game, you've played them all.
>>
>>338159302

quite the opposite
>>
>>338157173
Use punctuation, faggot.
>>
>>338159652
how much more overrated than "The Citizen Kane of gaming" can you get?
>>
>>338159652
Nigga you played UC4? Level design is god tier. It's got as much walking simulator bullshit as TLOU, but atleast the gameplay is really good unlike TLOU's corridor stealth.
>>
>>338159194
>TLOU
>superior gameplay to Uncharted
Holy shit, thanks for the warning. Never going to bother with Uncharted now.
>>
>>338158125
>Playing through the Drake collection amd honestly wondering how the PS3 managed
They got clever with a lot of the action sequences. The train sequence from 2 is pretty famously posted around here to say "LOL PS3 GRAFFIX XD" but what people don't realize is that the scene was never meant to be viewed as a frozen image. In order to cut back on system strain, they purposely made the environment around the train with lower poly counts and texture resolutions and counted on the seed of the train and motion blur to hide it. Yeah, if you pause the scene, it looks like shit but in motion, where it actually matters, it looked great and we were none the wiser. People call it lazy and incompetent but I call it smart use of resources.
>>
>>338159842
>gameplay is really good
>convenient chest-high walls
>shitty cover gears rip off cover system
>stick to walls and shit like they've got velcro on them and drake has strips of velcro taped to him
>literal on rail shooting segments
>gameplay is really good
>>
>>338160046

it has that 24fps cinematic feel too
>>
File: 1463463715963.png (178 KB, 391x306) Image search: [Google]
1463463715963.png
178 KB, 391x306
>Precursor orbs
>Clearly egg shaped

Naughty Dog fucked up from the start.
>>
>>338157034

Because Naughty Dog are perfect trend-followers
>>
File: 1462638443576.jpg (45 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1462638443576.jpg
45 KB, 720x540
>>338160115

You literally just described TLoU as well.

Neither are bad games, but it's clear Naughty Dog goes for style > substance in their development. It's not inherently a bad thing, as they do what they do very well, but generally when you buy a Naughty Dog game you know what you're getting into: a visually appealing, mostly cinematic experience with gameplay that, while not especially deep, gives you a decent amount of variety to play around with in their environments, which really shine. It's often fun to play ND games simply because they look so good and play so smooth.

Again, there's nothing inherently wrong with what ND does, because they know what they want to do and do it well. The problem comes from them being touted as 10/10 GOTYAY by everyone involved in game critique. It sets a bad precedent, as setting ND games as the standard or bar that all games should strive for when really, all they do is fill a specific cinematic gaming niche.

But, does it really come as such a big surprise that they get rated so highly? Today's "gamer" is a different breed from the one of 10 years ago. The people want games that look like movies, that follow a similar structure to movies, and that play like movies. So ND gives them what they like, and they're praised for it. It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at this point.
>>
>>338158452

>the games are the gaming equivalent of Marvel shit

Yep, said it all right there.
>>
It's because they're safe and relatable.
>>
>>338159746

To be fair, that was just one retarded game journo's quote.

That's not to say that TLoU isn't massively overrated, but it's still a good game.
>>
File: k.gif (1010 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
1010 KB, 500x248
>>338161143

>But, does it really come as such a big surprise that they get rated so highly? Today's "gamer" is a different breed from the one of 10 years ago. The people want games that look like movies, that follow a similar structure to movies, and that play like movies. So ND gives them what they like, and they're praised for it.

This makes me so afraid for the future
>>
>>338161728
there will always be niche titles for nerds like us
worst case scenario i'm sure we both have a fuckhuge backlog
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.