[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
After I was disappointed with The New Order and The Old Blood, I decided to give this one a go since everyone says it's the best of the series.

But I can't see why.
The animations are janky, controls are a bit awkward, the guns aren't really satisfying and the music is really forgettable.

Is there anyone here who played it way after it was release and thought "this is amazing"?
>>
>>338149189
Don't compare it to modern games, those animations were pretty standard back then.
>>
>>338149189
it was excellent for its time. I recall the AI being praised as revolutionary.

I remember throwing a grenade at one of those cute girl soldiers in act 2, and she just kicked it back towards me. Surprised me enough to actually die. Pretty good for a 2001 game
>>
Enemy Territory was the shit
>>
>>338149903
Any Enemy Territory game was great.
Never understood why Quake Wars: ET died so quick.
>>
I played it about 3 years ago for the first time, and while I didn't place it as highly as others did, I still had a lot of fun.

Might be because I love Nazi/Paranormal type of shit.
>>
I had a lot more fun playing that than playing Half-Life. Certainly a much better game in many ways.
>>
I thought the single player was fantastic back in the day, and it still holds a special place in my heart

Most people remember rtcw for Enemy Territory though since it was free (and very good)
>>
File: 753735.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
753735.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
Alt+F4
>>
>>338150865
HERE COME DAS BOI
>>
File: aaa.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>remember that Return to Castle Wolfenstein was made by Activision
>Realize RtCW came out 15 years ago
>Realize Activision will never be good again
>>
>>338151041
They just published it ya dingus
>>
>>338151041
Raven, man, Raven Software now do CoD shit.
Fucking Hexen and RtCW, now they make shit for the most dried out turd in gaming.
Still not as bad as Monolith, those poor cunts.
>>
>>338149189
the music is anything but forgettable
>>
>>338151025

oh scheiße, was geht
>>
>>338151041
dumb frogposter
>>
I'm an engineer!
>>
>>338152671
Disarm the dynamite!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.