[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just needed to tell someone that this is the only piece of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: origin_news_header_723x250.jpg (19 KB, 723x250) Image search: [Google]
origin_news_header_723x250.jpg
19 KB, 723x250
I just needed to tell someone that this is the only piece of software I have ever encountered which has caused me to genuinely wish for the most agonizing, painful death possible to befall its developers. Cancer would be too fucking good for them.

That is all.
>>
File: welcome to hell little man.jpg (51 KB, 598x445) Image search: [Google]
welcome to hell little man.jpg
51 KB, 598x445
You're wrong, though.
>>
What's wrong with it? Aside from it not being Steam, thus requiring you to install and maintain multiple libraries.
>>
>>338142112
Shitty security, lost my account to some russian and they refuse to do something about it.
>>
>>338142367
Their security seems to be on par with other digital stores. I wouldn't call it shit just because you got fucked. Would you call Steam's security shit?
>>
File: 1463197337862.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1463197337862.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>>338141749
Weird, some bulgarian fuck hacked my Origin accoutn once and i contacted Origin support and they gave it back to me and a free game(titanfall) for the trouble.
>>
File: challengeeverything.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
challengeeverything.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>338142439
at least steam ask you for verification before changing everything origin tells you to fuck off
>>
>>338142676
I thought Origin wouldn't let you change shit like your password without verifying with an email, but I haven't really used Origin to be able to tell.
Personally I think a good password negates most of these problems anyway.
>>
>>338142786
nope if they leak your shit you're fucked, I never had origin installed on this pc either so the whole trojan excuse is out the window.
>>
>>338142897
>nope if they leak your shit you're fucked
I can't tell what you're referring to.
>>
>>338142786
the best password in the world doesn't matter if they don't handle it properly.
>>
>>338141749
i know a guy who loves origin and says steam is shit and doesn't work at all.

that guy is so anti-steam he goes around the registry messing with steam because steam is too "intrusive", THEN he complains steam doesn't work properly,

He's also one of those idiots who thinks he knows everything and when he gets proven wrong he just makes up bullshit but talks like he knows what he's talking about so people believe him.

he's basically a prick.
>>
>>338143078
Sure, but the discussion wasn't about leaking passwords I think. I don't remember the last time a service I used leaked my password.
>>
>>338143159
The discussion is about why origins is shit, if they don't handle personal information properly then they need to be called out on it.
>>
>>338143240
That's the wider discussion, but I haven't seen any reason to believe that they leaked passwords so bringing that hypothetical situation up is a bit stupid.
>>
>>338143316
Then by all means start/keep using it.
>>
>>338143557
I should start using a service that offers me nothing just because I haven't seen any reason to believe that they've leaked passwords? That's some retarded, and unrelated logic man.
>>
Are there any real arguments in favor of steam over Origin or is it just blind fanboyism?
>>
>>338143632
Then I'm not sure what you want, if origin doesn't interest you why partake in a discussion about it.
>>
>>338143662
It's where most people already have their libraries. People don't want to maintain multiple ones, or have a segregation. There's also a way wider selection of games on Steam compared to Origin.
>>
>>338143662
I want to believe this is bait, but I think the real answer is that you've just never used Origin.
>>
>>338143662
It was around earlier and has more people because of it.
>>
>>338143749
I wanted to know what you thought was shit about it. All I got was some hypothetical bullshit that's not grounded in anything, which just seems to point out that there's not actually anything wrong with it. Aside from that, I also responded to claims that passwords don't help, and then that somehow got back to Origin even though it wasn't actually directly related, that whole discussion was actually pretty retarded considering goalposts got shifted constantly.
I don't see why you think that Origin doesn't interest me though, Origin =/= the services that Origin offers.
>>
>>338143662
If I had the choice i'd choose neither. Only benefit to steam is the larger library. My personal experience with games tied to steam isn't happy either. I'm thankful they fixed offline mode though.
>>
>>338143782
I've used Origin quite a bit and it seems faster and has a better UI.
>>
>>338142676
>using internet explorer

You deserved it
>>
>>338144002
You asked for my reasons and you got them, I can't help it if you think their valid or not.
>>
>>338144396
>people can only use sfw boards at home
>>
>>338144408
Technically I didn't ask for your reasons, I asked for reasons. Which implies objectivity. You shouldn't be surprised when people look at them objectively then, and you shouldn't be surprised when they consequently call you retarded for those reason being bullshit.

>I can't help it if you think their valid or not.
Okay? Why mention this? Do you think I need your help with this? I can perfectly call you an idiot like this without your help now. If anything I'd be the one saying something like that, considering it seems you're unable to accept the reality of your reasons being shit.
All that's left is to assume there's nothing wrong with Origin, and you're just fucking mad for giving your password to some ruskie.
>>
>>338144458
>People can only use IE when out of the house
???
>>
>>338144396
IE browser best browser
>>
>>338141749
>>338141829
These two are pieces of major shit
I even like Uplay more.
>>
>>338143662
Origin feels a lot more sluggish
>>
>>338144396
IE is actually pretty good now, it isn't 2002 anymore.
>>
File: 1215656212.png (409 KB, 476x396) Image search: [Google]
1215656212.png
409 KB, 476x396
>tfw I got Jade Empire, Crusader, Medal of Honor and numerous BF4 DLC for free on Origin

I'm sorry OP, aside from the fact it's annoying that I have to boot Origin every time I want to play one of their games (like Steam), I think that there's little wrong with their service and client.
>>
>>338148406
Haven't they replaced IE with Edgy?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.