[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the FUCK were Kefka's motives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 20
File: DissidiaKefkaArtwork.png (566 KB, 505x766) Image search: [Google]
DissidiaKefkaArtwork.png
566 KB, 505x766
What the FUCK were Kefka's motives?
>>
Ton be an edgy meme
>>
Nihilism.
Dude, just watch the cutscene before his bossfight
>>
>>338133084
"hurr I'm insane because magitek experiments" is literally all there is to his character. Why he gets so much praise I'll never understand
>>
>>338133084
Joker rules
>>
>>338133084
Being Nihilistic.
>>
>>338133127
No, you ARE the meme.

Memes have gone so far that literally everything is a meme. You are a meme, and calling anything a meme causes you to become an exponential meme.

Enjoy yourself, you're a fucking joke.
>>
Kefka is easily one of the saddest, most tragic and sympathetic villains ever. He find the very thought of mortality (his own or others) utterly dehumanizing and is broken far beyond repair. He's like a child, experiencing the death of a loved one for the first time, but instead of learning to cope, was driven to obscene madness and believing all life to be a meaningless statistic, never revealing his internal struggle until the final confrontation. Kefka almost represents the first moment all of us experience, tiny, helpless, confused and devastated, sitting in a pew or standing at an alter or watching a casket being lowered into the ground, knowing we'll never see a person we love ever again, and the icy cold realization that the same fate inevitably awaits everyone, including ourselves. Kefka truly is the most human Final Fantasy villain.
>>
>>338133203
I think that what makes him a good villain, he just wants power and rule everything and that's it.
Most villains always have to have something happen to them that makes them villainous like Sephiroth.
>>
Kefka is memorable because he actually succeeded in what he intended to do. Yes he still dies, but magic is gone from the world as a result.
>>
He just wanted to destroy everything without a meaning. He saw no value in anything really, so he wanted to erase it

tl:dr; he was edgy af
>>
>>338133417
with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>338133084
He sacrificed everything for the empire and found not fulfilment but the power to destroy everything
So he did, and still found no satisfaction
Denied enlightenment even after becoming a god, he prayed for death
>>
>>338133472
then you are the meme as well
>>
>>338133084
To resume breeding with Terra.
>>
File: gfs_14687_1_7_mid.jpg (23 KB, 540x432) Image search: [Google]
gfs_14687_1_7_mid.jpg
23 KB, 540x432
>>338133084
You wouldn't understand, Kefka was intelligent, nihilistic, and had a wicked sense of humor.
Just like me
>>
>>338133743
Kefka was kind of a moron though. I can't think of a single moment where he was considered intelligent. He was made a fool of constantly.
>>
>>338133684
Yes I am

Doesn't make you any less of a meme by calling me out, and doesn't make me any less of a meme by calling you out.

This board is destroying itself.
>>
he was disappointing in every way
just evil for the sake of evil and didn't even feel that intimidating because in every single fight with him you wrecked his shit hard
>>
>>338133812
I didn't call you out, I just got here
enjoy the chaos
>>
>>338133795
Wasn't it Kefka's idea to trick you into the alliance?
>>
File: dhx32789.jpg (41 KB, 420x277) Image search: [Google]
dhx32789.jpg
41 KB, 420x277
>>338133084
The emperor was destroying the world with his esper-sucking machines anyway. So the question is why Kefka shouldn't do it.
>>
>>338133532
What? A well-written villain has depth, reason, and meaning for who they are and what they do.

Not every villain needs to be a tragic story that we sympathize with, but, on the flip side, a villain who is just bad because he's bad is equally poor.
>>
>>338133743
kefka
kafka

kafkaesque

whoa
>>
Magic is treated like a fancy, mythical lost art and it all ends up in the hands of some random faggot. It's kind of like an anti-plot, that's what makes it cool.
>>
>>338133084
Nihilism, intellect and wicked humor.
>>
>>338133084
if you sneak into a building into the north without being caught by guards, when you are sneaking into the magitek facility, you can talk to some of the npcs, and they tell you that kefka was the first experimental magitek knight, and the process wasnt perfect, and that something in his brain "snapped" that night. so obviously dude was either insane, or the esper he was infused with either took over or merged with his personality, and id assume seeing all your esper bros tortured and killed wouldnt make you like humans and probably wanna nuke them all.
>>
>>338134010
I can't remember if that was his or the Emperor's idea. Regardless, one actual good idea doesn't make him intelligent when he's a raving loony who gets his ass beat most of the time.
>>
>>338133084
He literally couldn't handle getting a booboo and freaked out.

Like that fat guy in Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>338133967
You're still a meme and there is no chaos
>>
>>338134397
That doesn't explain why he's so cool with just killing every esper too though.
>>
>>338133084
Fun.
>>
He fucking felt like it.
>>
File: UnhappyKefka.jpg (22 KB, 225x243) Image search: [Google]
UnhappyKefka.jpg
22 KB, 225x243
If empire wins then the world is sucked dry from all life.
If the empire doesn't win then the espers will destroy the world.
Just inventing a third option while looking out for number one.
>>
>>338134556
i forgot about that village with strago...welp guess hes just crazy then.
>>
>>338133084
He's the Joker of the FF universe. No rhyme or reason. Just because he can.
>>
>he is destroying everything and everyone because he wants to cry and mourn but he can't because magik so he keeps on doing it
I don't know I read it somewhere while listening to some comfy FF music
>>
>>338133084
he's a clown
those are his motives
you're looking too deep into this
>>
File: tmp_16154-Zero.PNG1056256746.png (54 KB, 446x422) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16154-Zero.PNG1056256746.png
54 KB, 446x422
What the HECK were Dark Matter's motivations?
>>
>>338133812
but anon if everyone is a meme than no one is a meme.
>>
File: 91bl3Un.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
91bl3Un.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>338133472
>>
>>338135562
jealousy of Popstar, it's in the handbook
>>
>>338133203
People don't praise him for his character. He's just a villain that you love to hate. He's constantly there, in your face, getting into shit and you just can't wait to punch him.

Good villains don't need much character, they just need to be something for you to direct your anger at in a meaningful way.

Obviously though, the best villains are the ones that are more about a clash of ideals, but aside from being harder to write, if you bog the reader down with too much shit, they won't care if the villain is written well, they will find them boring.
>>
>>338133084
to create suffering and chaos, to be in control of that, to create Armageddon with few that survive and have them suffer under his thumb as a god.
>>
>>338133203
>Why he gets so much praise I'll never understand
Because his localization.
He's a bland villain in reality but he's fun because of how he was translated from generic to fun, just like Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising.
>>
>>338134814
Not really. Maybe after he becomes a God. At that point he is kind of bored and he ponders the meaning of life. But when everyone is telling him the things they found worth living for. He rejects it because he can't understand it at all by that point. He's just too detached from reality.

So he just wants to destroy everything, so that there will be nothing TO understand.
>>
>>338136781
He was more of a child in the original jap version than a sadist, though
>>
>>338133084
He's like the Joker. He's not a person, he's a force of nature, a dark mirror of humanity.

That's why giving Joker a fleshed out backstory never really worked out either.
>>
>>338133417
>>338133629
Just like me.
>>
>>338136920
No, he was generic and his main quirk was cursing in the Japanese version. Even SE acknowledges how much better the overseas Kefka is since it's how he acts in the Dissidia games
>>
>>338136947
Except Kefka doesn't reflect anything. DESTROY DESTROY is not a "dark mirror of humanity"; it's just some edgy tantrum.
>>
File: Exdeath.jpg (163 KB, 688x1000) Image search: [Google]
Exdeath.jpg
163 KB, 688x1000
Step aside, superior villain from a superior game coming through.
>>
>>338137287
FEAR
THE
VOID
>>
>>338133532
He doesn't rule shit though.
He just has a death laser and blasts people now and then for shits and giggles.
He's literally a shitty "berserker" villain.
>>
File: 1423986015761.jpg (630 KB, 3300x2538) Image search: [Google]
1423986015761.jpg
630 KB, 3300x2538
In all seriousness FF writing is usually shit but which villain actually is the best out of them?
>>
the lulz
>>
>>338137183
edgy would mean he's got an ax to grind against something like some establishment.
When they reach the magic rocks, the villian at the time was emporer or what ever and he was doing his generic monologue, then kefka like the guy he is takes a moment and fucks with the rocks while this is happening. He's an oportunist and doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>338137447
the angriest tree

if you are talking about canonical strength then it is Cloud of Darkness
>>
>>338137287

>Pic not related.
>>
>>338137595
I need to understand that one more.
>>
>>338137595
>cloud of darkness is one of the strongest villains canonically
>she's complete fucking shit in dissidia
really want to see her in HD though, even if I don't really care about dissidia arcade all that much
>>
File: Xande.jpg (188 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
Xande.jpg
188 KB, 708x1000
>>338137595
>Cloud of Darkness
>villain
>>
>>338137732
her beam spam is fucking irratating
>>
>>338137447
I haven't played Tactics but I heard Delita is pretty good?

Let's go down the check list.

Garland - Knight corrupted by power.
Emperor - Emperor corrupted by power.
Not Cloud of Darkness but that other guy - Revenge.
Golbez/Zemus - Kill humanity to make room for his people
Exdeath - VOID
Kefka - VOID but having fun
Sephiroth - Misinformed leading to insanity leading to believed revenge and a god complex
Ultamecia - Attempts to claim godhood to prevent her own death
Kuja/Garland - Kill 'humanity' to make room for their people / Revenge
Seymour - Believes killing everybody will free the world from it's spiral of suffering
Shadow Lord - Revenge
Vayne - I actually don't know something about freeing humanity from god's will?
Orphan - Wanted to summon god to fix everything and felt that killing enough people (everybody) would open the doors of heaven wide enough for them to pass through
Not Darth Vader - Wants to spread tyrannical order throughout the land to prevent murderous gods from destroying everything
>>
>>338137287

>A FUCKING TREE
>>
>>338137831
it has shit range though, unless you're right up in her face you can dodge just fine, and if you're right next to her you can just smack her in the face to interrupt it
she's fucking garbage
>>
>>338138032
>Shadow Lord
Actually, XI's villain is apparently Cloud of Darkness as well
>>
>>338136298
Jealous of what, being yellow?
>>
>>338138116
FF11 had a lot of villains and stories and I haven't worked through any content past the three nations to completion.
>>
>>338138116
But at that point, wouldn't it just be VOID as well?
>>
>>338138175
story expansions are finished in XI
>>
>>338138032
>Vayne - I actually don't know something about freeing humanity from god's will?
Several things at once, actually.
>free humanity from gods' control
>free his country from the shitty patrician caste
>ensure survival of his younger brother
And he succeeded, too.
>>
>>338138260
I know, I just haven't gotten far enough to be able to describe anybody past the shadow lord. No spoilers please, been playing with a friend.
>>
>>338138032
Seymour did nothing wrong.
>>
>>338138360
So I'd say he's a good contender for best.
>>
>>338138390
Seymour did like 3 things wrong.

1) Forced the party to kill him
2) Kept trying to fuck everything up for everybody even after his own plans had failed
3) Got cucked by Tidus of all people
>>
>>338133084

Whats the best video game villian of all time /v/?
>>
>>338133539
the world would've been a better place without this post
>>
>>338138589
He fucked over the Ronsos. That alone redeems any other shortcomings.
>>
>>338138960
Hornless
>>
>>338133084
Fun
He's a clown, he did it for laughs
>>
>>338138064
I'm shit then I don't get there in time to stop it, of course I should use Zidane's range moves more often.
>>
>>338135663
No, if everyone is a meme THEN everyone is a meme.

Than is comparative, you meme.
>>
>>338133203
>Why he gets so much praise I'll never understand
Because he actually managed to destroy the world. His achievements still pale in comparison to the Emperor from FF2 but nobody played that.
>>
>>338138717
DUDE LMAO 2POST

2POST!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!1
>>
File: 1460615189199.gif (499 KB, 498x286) Image search: [Google]
1460615189199.gif
499 KB, 498x286
>>338139520
oh come and meme me omemedaeus
>>
>>338139598
Also pale in comparison to Caius from XIII-2 who wrecked the world so hard Bhuni had to wake up and make a new one
>>
>>338139048
Lifeless.
>>
At first, he explicitly says he wants to rule over the empire in place of Gestalt. In the process, by fucking up the balance of the Magi, he ended up assisting in the ruination of much of the world. Once given their power and subsequently seeing the world for how small and worthless it is, he begins casually destroying shit because his newfound power has turned him into a nihilist who understands that in spite of his (ostensible) immortality, everything is tenuous and there's no point trying. He's a bored kid holding a magnifying glass over anthills on a sunny day. There's no empire left to rule - and why bother? The power of godhood kinda makes that trivial. He's the embodiment of utter failure.
>>
>>338139598
>Because he actually managed to destroy the world
So fucking what? He pushed a statue, big fucking deal. That doesn't make him a good or compelling villain, and I don't see fags making this argument claiming Kuja is the greatest villain ever because he actually blew up an entire planet rather than just making it kind of a shitty place to live.
>>
>>338139689
You know things are fucked up when even God goes "Screw this, back to the drawing board."
>>
>>338138432
Him and Delita, yeah.
>>
>>338140343
Kuja blew up a planet nobody cared about.

Kefka blew up a planet we had been fighting the entire game to protect.

Kefka's 'success' went beyond just destroying the world. He succeeded while we, the player, failed and had to watch everything we had come to know fall apart around us.
>>
File: d8f.jpg (37 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
d8f.jpg
37 KB, 520x520
>>338140343
That whole scene is fucking retarded.

>Kefka wins a fight against the Emprah because the dipshit didn't realize Kefka was standing closer to the statues than he was

It would have taken him like three seconds to move
>>
>>338133084
He's unintelligent, autistic and with a reddit sense of humor

just like half of /v/
>>
>>338139995
Isn't that how gods acted like though?
Greek and Roman gods would interfere, if continued I bet Kefka would have turned into some animal, trick a chick and and fuck her and make a demon clown herculese.
>>
>>338140516
>we, the player, failed
I didn't get a game over so no.
>>
File: 1462682863979.gif (2 MB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
1462682863979.gif
2 MB, 300x226
>>338140696
half? I would say all anon
>>
>>338140770
Wow anon you don't need to take it as a personal attack to your ego. You know what I'm trying to convey. Why do you feel the need to try and flaunt your skill at a decades old video game and ignoring the discussion at large while at the same time being completely anonymous?
>>
>>338140745
Oh, for sure. But you gotta remember that Kefka's original plan is completely void in the wake of his transformation. His desire to rule is now void. When it came to recapturing Terra, he failed. When it came to getting Celes to talk (or having her executed), he failed. When it came to taking Gestalt's place, he failed so spectacularly that the world burned as a result.
>>
>>338140343
well first off, he took advantage of a situation that none of the characters saw comming, but in retrospect anyone with a brainstem would do, what he did though is leave room for hope so he could crush it for his own entertainment. Blowing something up is like a mercy killing, where kefka wants to make the world suffer to stave off his boredom.
>>
>>338139504
wait, you mean fusillade? the one where she throws the balls that converge on you? if so, I thought you were talking about the short-range beam
fusillade is like her only annoying attack but if you have an assist ready (if we're talking about duodecim) you can just fuck her up, just time it so the assist doesn't get shit on by the attack
otherwise you can just run away since the range on this attack isn't insane, or try to dodge at the right time, it's kind of hard to get the hang of it but in some cases you can dodge it, depend on how you're placed though
>>
>>338139995

This is a real roundabout way to say "I don't like this character therefore he lost in his ambition."
>>
Kefka is the apex failure of all Final Fantasy villains. See, the whole "he was the REAL villain all along!" trope has been done numerous times in the series. Golbez behind Baron and even Zeromus behind him. Ultimecia behind Edea. Yevon behind Sin. And so forth, right? Except, the secret villain was the one pulling the strings.

Not so with Kefka. Gestahl masterminded everything because Kefka couldn't hold onto a thought long enough to do it. And when they were at the statues, the world was truly fucked because Gestahl had been a step ahead of the heroes the entire time. And with his ascension to Godhood, he could target them specifically and end everything.

But act-in-the-moment psycho clown saved everyone by just randomly moving statues around and fucking everything up. Kefka accidentallied into being a God and in doing so, stopped the real threat and villain of the series.

So. Kefka accomplished by accident what the other FF antagonists were purposefully hungering for. Godhood. What would've happened if Sephiroth absorbed the Lifestream? If Ultimecia had achieved Time Compression? We don't know, because they were stopped in time. With Kefka, it didn't matter. He had unlimited power but was too fucked up in the head to use it properly. He randomly blew up continents and exploded cities between long stretches of mumbling madly to himself.

When the heroes showed up to execute him, he couldn't even focus his powers enough to stop some lowly mortals and got put down like the mad dog he was.

If anything, Kefka should be the dopey, autistic hero of FF6 for saving the world from Gestahl.
>>
>>338135663
I hate this "if everyone is x then no one is x" phrase, it gets misattributed so much that it isn't even funny.

It only works for subjective and metered quantities like attractiveness, for any quantity that is objective or binary it doesn't work at all, just to give an example, say every person became blind over night.

"Well if everyone is blind then no one is".

No you fucking shitter, everyone is still fucking blind, just because everyone is suffering from the same affliction doesn't mean the affliction is suddenly gone, it works for subjective things like attractiveness because if everyone became attractive over night, then that attractive would be the new average and you'd need an even greater abundance of attractiveness to break free of the mean, but it doesn't work at all for things that just -is-, without our perceptional input.

Not that you used it wrong here, just, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>338133084
Tight esper puss
>>
File: 1438673193424.jpg (43 KB, 375x599) Image search: [Google]
1438673193424.jpg
43 KB, 375x599
>>338141013
homie right here gets it
>>
>>338140920
but all those failures led to a huge success that lasted for a while, the god part, and like you said felt ruling the world like that was now beneath him being a god and all.
>>
>>338141013
I enjoyed reading this and feel more closer to Nirvana for doing so.
>>
>>338141013
This. I think Kefka's impulsivity and general madness also stem from the fact that he was among the first to be experimented upon with Magitek. Which kinda underlines his low, low status - he was just a disposable court jester who was made into a human prototype for something completely unrefined.
>>
>>338140982
probably I get so busy dodging her shit that I get by the beam thing when I'm countering. Like I said I suck, my hardest villain to face is Golbez, that fucker is just a bitch.
>>
>>338138032
>Golbez/Zemus - Kill humanity to make room for his people

Zemus didn't even care about the Lunarians he just wanted a world without any non-lunarians polluting it. He was also fucking pissed
>>
>>338141013
to add to my response to you - FF6, like all FF entries around that era, had much to do with maintaining hope in the face of impossible odds. That applies of course, but moreover, FF6 had a strong theme of the consequence of power. If you put it under the right lens, Kefka and his entire storyline are pretty powerful and direct metaphors for the dangerous nature of power and the desire thereof.
>>
>>338133518
I saw this on youtube comments section.
>>
>>338141410
I'm with you on that one, I fucking hate fighting Golbez
>>
>>338141013
after reading this I realized that it really depends on how you look at what you call failure and success. Yes he actually failed until the stones. You say he didn't do it on purpose, by stating he randomly moved the statues. Yes he randomly placed them, but he knew what he was doing. Plus one of the things was he was an underdog villian so he had that going for him.
>>
>>338134471
>he's a raving loony who gets his ass beat most of the time.

That's kind of the point, he feigns stupidity and weakness. Dude was the only Final Fantasy villain to succeed in his plans, and he did so by killing and enslaving several powerful entities, so you can't really call him weak.
>>
File: 1363249305409.gif (9 KB, 254x254) Image search: [Google]
1363249305409.gif
9 KB, 254x254
>>338141013
That's a real good way of putting it. Have a Kefka.
>>
>>338141742
he's a fucking tank with range and up close magic, he's so slow that's the only way to counter him
>>
>>338141441
I may have misheard the story then, but I remember somebody pointing out there were wizard enemies on the moon and people theorized they were other Lunarians who were working with Zemus.
>>
>>338141804
>feigns
No, I think he was just stupid and weak and then got lucky.
>>
>>338138032
I like Caius a lot. To save a young girl that he's seen die so many times throughout countless millenia driving him mad, he wants to fuck up time and space so that she never dies again. All the while this is actually a ritual suicide as he can never die only of his heart is destroyed. But he doesn't die anyways, cause the thing he is protecting is keeping him alive and immortal cause it fears the dark and loneliness. And he takes it without hate or resentment from them. So he is cursed to exist forever in the realm of the dead.
>>
>>338141742
>>338141849
Onion Knight is the best Golbez counter.
>>
>>338141013
>If Ultimecia had achieved Time Compression?
That was literally impossible since the beginning. Starting TC ensures that Squall will come to kill her; it's part of history. She could only succeed in wrecking her time period, but that's it.

>>338141804
>Dude was the only Final Fantasy villain to succeed in his plans
Mateus, Vayne, Delita, Caius, and the Orience crystals would like to a have a word with you.
>>
>>338141013
>If Ultimecia had achieved Time Compression?

She did achieve that.
In fact the party actively helps her do it.
>>
>>338141907
Nah, only Zemus, FuSoYa and KluYa were the only lunarians not in stasis iirc. Though the sleeping ones helped out Golbez and FuSoYa against malice I think?
>>
>>338141991
And the fucked up thing is that it was driving her mad too. In LR, he points out that even if he weren't immortal, she wouldn't let him die anyway. Some of her incarnations would never let him go, no matter how much he hated it.
>>
>>338142054
>That was literally impossible since the beginning.
Yeah but the point they were trying to make is what if it wasn't impossible. Which they accurately answered "we don't know."
>>
>>338142025
wish I still had my psp, don't know what happend to it. I don't want to buy a new one, but onion knight felt too spazzy.
>>
>>338142090

Like, the only way to go to fight her is partly due to time compression, isn't it? The whole thing happened.
>>
>>338141804
>so you can't really call him weak.
Being a nutter who is dancing mad and gets lucky doesn't make him strong prior to godhood. He spends the first half of the game losing every single encounter with you soundly. He poisons a castle because he couldn't take it by force. He's underhanded, cowardly and weak.
>>
>>338142054
Kuja did as well destroying the universe crystal, then NECRON OUT OF FUCKING NO WHERE!
>>
File: XbwoMFz.gif (959 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
XbwoMFz.gif
959 KB, 450x450
>>338133472
>it's memes all the way down
>>
>>338142286
>>338142054

Did either of you actually play FF8?

Ultimecia DOES compress time, that's how the party gets to her time period in order to kill her.
>>
>>338141765
>but he knew what he was doing
How? How could he possibly know? There was no precedent for anyone ever touching the statues let alone what disrupting them might do. The mad dog just randomly started fucking with shit, discovered he was stronger than Gestahl for the moment and did what rabid animals do.
>>
>>338139598
Didn't the Emporer just take over towns or bomb them like Hitler did? IIRC, you're a messenger boy for Hilda for most of the game until you get Ultima. Then it's a quick side-quest to get Leon back to fight Palamecia again.
>>
>>338142363
Yes, but she never finished TC. She only initiated it, which sealed her fate.
>>
File: cecil feral.webm (3 MB, 1000x567) Image search: [Google]
cecil feral.webm
3 MB, 1000x567
>>338142025
Golbez is a piece of shit on the ground, anyone who doesn't need to be close to the ground probably does pretty well against him. Haven't really tried but characters like Kefka probably shit on him. Ultimecia too but she shits on a vast majority of the characters so she doesn't count.

>>338142287
If emulation doesn't bother you, the game works like a charm on PPSSPP.
>>
>>338142363

What >>338142449 said. I didn't really need to make this post but fuck you. She was trying to absorb all of reality into herself and she was killed before she could finish.
>>
>>338142394
Yeah, but after you kill him he doesn't care and proceeds to become the ruler of hell so you've gotta stop him again. Then in the remake after he dies in hell he tries to take over heaven and the dead party members have to kill him a third time.
>>
>>338133518
>He's like a child, experiencing the death of a loved one for the first time, but instead of learning to cope, was driven to obscene madness and believing all life to be a meaningless statistic, never revealing his internal struggle until the final confrontation.

So it's like massive butthurt?
>>
>>338141804
They weren't his plans. They were the Emperor's plans. Kefka fucked up every step of the way and the Emperor succeeded despite him. When they were standing at the statues, it had nothing to do with Kefka or any plan he might've had (he had none, other than just destroying whatever happened to be around him at the time), it was all the planning and manipulation of the Emperor that got them there.

Kefka madly rushing in and fucking with the statues and becoming a God instead of the Emperor was pure luck on his part. Not some long hatched plan that the game simply failed to mention or allude to. He did what he'd done throughout the game to this point. He lashed out when the opportunity presented itself. Kefka is a lot of things, but being a man with a plan is not among them.
>>
He won, if only for a moment.
>>
>>338142240
Poor man. I think that I never once hated him in the game even though he was a dick. But I more or less felt pity and sorry for him. Seeing someone you live die endless times. But yet on the other hand, you exist as the first human, destined to die at the age of 15 every time since creation and you are a creature of the lonely and frightening chaos is painful.
>>
>>338142389
I'm not talking about him knowing what would happen when he moves the statues. I'm talking about Him fucking things up for Gestahl in the first place.
He wanted to take power away from him so he fucked with the statues, and yes got lucky.
>>
>>338141804
Anon, is your cryst even sundered?
>>
>>338142343
>>338142054
Genesis too, in a way. It turned out to be a Pyrrhic victory, but still.
Come to think of it, the FF villains succeed nearly as often as they fail.
>>
>>338142759
But I think the point is that Kefka ended up succeeding and he stayed on top for a while.
>>
>>338142710
>I'm talking about Him fucking things up for Gestahl in the first place.

Then he still failed. Gestahl made it to the statues ahead of the heroes.

So, whether we're looking at it subjectively from his POV or objectively from the outside, Kefka was just an all around failure.
>>
>>338142523
I see what you're getting at. As a power hungry ruler, he did a lot and managed to deus-ex himself into two with Soul of Rebirth. It was fun for what it was, it still shows even the purist of Palamecia still had nefarious intentions in two places at once. They were still his achievements. Gestahl and Brahne were essentially Palamecia, but only at a human level since they weren't initially the focus, but the appetizer.
>>
>>338142880
I don't see how you mean if Kefka succeeded in taking power away from Gestahl. How did he fail in doing that?
>>
>>338133203
FFVI is my favourite game of all time, and even I don't understand why Kefka gets so much praise. He's pretty much just the Ganondorf/Bowser of the game.
>>
>>338142639
>if only for a moment.

He got to enjoy a year of godhood
>>
>>338142701
Yeah. The Caius/Yeul/Noel trio had probably the most screwed up relationship in the series.
>>
He's a juggalo. So dark, edgy, and twiztid
>>
>>338142639
a year of god hood and if I recall the world was still mostly destroyed
>>
>>338143143
because people equate him to the Joker from batman
>>
>>338143191
Fuck, I just realized how screwed up they are.
Caius-Just an ordinary guardian of a goddess queen that was cursed to serve and sacrifice your life to defend your nation. Take the last name of the guy who beat you when he spares your life and dies soon after. Literally cannot die, even when you want to because what you are protecting is injecting chaos into your body so much that your soul is gone. See what you are protecting die countless times since you started your job.

Yeul- first human, can see everything that is going to happen, even to you. Try to save your nation from a prophecy that will destroy it as you are the queen, but instead cause it. But you cannot do anything to avoid your own death. You die everytime you are 15 only to be reborn so many times that your soul splinters into millions of (You)'s with their own personality quirks.

Noel- The last human alive in the world. Probably last living being alive. See your entire village drop dead one by one. Your master fucks off somewhere else. The girl you live dies in your hand on her birthday that you killed a monster as a birthday banquet. Walk the world until you die from exhaustion trying to find survivors.
>>
>>338142980
Because he didn't. He never slowed the Emperor down enough to disrupt any of his plans. The Emperor's end goal was the statues, and he made it there ahead of the heroes.

I don't think Kefka had any "plans", but if he did, they failed. Unless you're really suggesting that with humanity's first contact with the statues that the mad clown had somehow just known that touching them and moving them around would create some invincibility field around himself, imbuing him with the Goddess's power based on absolutely no precedent, evidence or even vague suggestion that anything like that might possible occur?

The mad clown just started fucking with shit, the equivalent of mashing buttons and got lucky.
>>
>>338144085
then what was the point for the emporer to be there first to the satues? So no one would fuck with them? because we know that is what happend. Getting there first was so he could use them right?
>>
>>338143867
Sounds about right. No amount of shrinks could have fixed that mess.
>>
>>338144468
Gestahl knew how to use them. His entire backstory as Emperor was learning about the Goddesses, magicite, espers, etc. When they got there, he immediately was able to use the Triad's power.

It was after crazy clown started fucking with the statues to explode the world that something unforeseen happened.
>>
>>338144085
Doesn't the game make it clear all the way back in the Magitek Research Facility that Kefka wants to make use of the Warring Triad?
>>
>>338133084
crazy because magitek, but compared to the villains that came before him he's not so bad
the emprah>
>>
>>338144748
Not that I remember, but it's been awhile. What does he say?
>>
>>338144748
it does
>>
>>338133084
Dude you're playing some pixelshit game. Donkey kong wasn't given a motive for rolling barrels down ladders either
>>
>>338144947
Donkey Kong did have a motive you transparent troll. Mario was abusing him so he went bananas and kidnapped Mario's girlfriend. Here's you're (you).
>>
>>338144730
So then Kefka succeeded in fucking up the emporer's plan of controlling the statues. I feel we are getting no where here.
>>
>>338145285
Your original point was that it was his plan. But he didn't fuck with the statues when they got there, he didn't try to usurp the Emperor's power at any point while he was using the Triad.

After Celes stabbed him and he was dying and screaming his HATEHATEHATEHATE lines, he started fucking with the statues in the hopes of blowing the world up.

That's not the culmination of some grand Machiavellian scheme by a brilliant villain. That was a rabid idiot lashing out in the only way that occurred to him.
>>
He's that kid who likes to torture ants with a magnifying glass.
>>
>>338145268
>Here's you're (you).
That'll do for now
>>
>>338145445
oh right
>>
>>338138032
>Not Darth Vader - Wants to spread tyrannical order throughout the land to prevent murderous gods from destroying everything
Pope - Wants to spread tyrannical order throughout the land by becoming a murderous god to prevent murderous dragons from destroying his castle on a stick.

Huh, I knew it was similar.
>>
Kefka does have plans though, he poisons the Doma garrison. He just does things for his own unknowable reasons, he's also beyond any moral code. He probably was beyond it before he got infused with magitek.

His mind is just a soup of what feels good? what will get me more power? how can i manipulate people to get what i want? how can i get revenge?
>>
>>338147264

Poisoning the water seemed like another spur of the moment, "how can I hurt people today?" decision.
>>
>>338133472

I'm...a meme? whoa...
>>
>>338138032
>Not Cloud of Darkness but that other guy - Revenge.
>that other guy
Poor Xande, he didn't even get into Dissidia.
>>
File: 1426770820904.jpg (32 KB, 446x501) Image search: [Google]
1426770820904.jpg
32 KB, 446x501
>You will never get a Kefka the Early Years
>>
>>338141830
What I love about this sprite is how shitty the ponytail looks while everything else looks fucking godly
>>
>>338133472
>>338133812
>>338134519
>>338139520
>>338141042
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>338138032
>Garland
created a time loop because he wanted to live forever, so he's kinda like Ultimecia
>>
He's Patrick Bateman with magic powers, eventual godhood and less self-loathing.
>>
File: yo_broke_ass_is_pathetic.jpg (44 KB, 550x589) Image search: [Google]
yo_broke_ass_is_pathetic.jpg
44 KB, 550x589
>>338133472
>he hasn't read The Selfish Gene
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.